Kyle Eastmond (Merged threads)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a strange one, but still good to see players return, albeit at the back end of a career. With the injuries to Walker and Lui its not bad cover. IF he can get himself up to speed and avoid injury himself.

His wage demands must have come down quite a bit since the last rumour of a return to RL.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

The Sean Long connection perhaps vital here?

Clubs often have prospective deals worked in place and once the injuries to Lui and Walker became clear then it must have been time to press go on this one

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

When did he last play a game of footy in either code? Hasn't he been a free agent a while?

Appears a bit desperate

Given the injury scenario I think you can forgive that

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

When did he last play a game of footy in either code? Hasn't he been a free agent a while?

Appears a bit desperate

I think he left Leicester last year and was due to go to another RU club (can’t remember which).  I don’t think he was playing in either of the halves tho before he left.

He has played most of his Union career at centre although I think his best position in League is full back.

Will be very interesting to see how he goes.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

He will more than likely be playing alongside Eastmond with Myler being first choice fullback and Lui and Gale imjured

Yeah possibly, if anything this suggests that Gale's injury is worse than feared

About as left field as it gets but it will be interesting to see how he goes. When he came through at Saints he looked one of the most exciting talents we'd developed in a while but recurring injuries, poor performances and a massive attitude problem meant he left under a cloud.

Hopefully at 31 he's a bit more mature now but he's not played many games for a few years so it'll be a massive challenge to step up. Not sure what his injury record has been like in Union but his fitness record at Saints wasn't great.

Had his head turned by union, was disliked by plenty at Saints, petulant and gave the Saints fans, who dared get on his back after a spell of poor form, a finger salute. Many were not sad to see him go in the end. That was ten years ago and he’ll have grown up, you’d expect, but I doubt there’ll be many Saints fans glad to see him back. 

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Any idea of how Eastmond relates to the cap? Is it like Burrell where it was 0% for year 1 and 50% for year 2 or another arrangement?

Great point there was supposed to be some form of returning from union thing wasn't there?

Archived