Kyle Eastmond (Merged threads)

• 2 months later...

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, M j M said:

Was worth a bet. He showed a a few signs of having something in what we saw of him so I wonder what's happened here.

By the sounds of it, I think he's realised he just doesn't have the desire to get himself to level he needs to be for SL anymore. To be honest its quite a brave and honest decision if that's the case

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Would love to know exactly what happened here. It will free up a chunk of Leeds salary cap although weren't there cap exemptions for him coming from union?

Not much given only 50% counted this year anyway and 75% next year.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

Would love to know exactly what happened here. It will free up a chunk of Leeds salary cap although weren't there cap exemptions for him coming from union?

You could just read the reasons 

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/breaking-kyle-eastmond-retirement-leeds-20612134

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Fair enough I suppose, he could have been well within his rights to wind down a contract for the rest of the year. Mature decision by the sounds of it.

My thoughts too, nothing ventured nothing gained, Leeds have lost nothing except a bit off cash if it worked out, inspired  bit of business. Now Leeds can move on suspect they have someone else lined up with Lui going as well 

30 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Is that all there is to this story ? He's now retired?

Tough crowd today, feels like it is a worth a thread. Best of luck to him, shame it hasn't worked out.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

That didnt last long. Sounds to me he has realised he hasnt really got it anymore:

Commenting on the decision, Leeds Rhinos Director of Rugby Kevin Sinfield said, “I think this is an incredibly brave decision by Kyle and a testament to the high standards that he sets for himself. When we originally spoke to him, we had belief in his ability and talent and that remains the case however after a year out of rugby due to the pandemic, he has found that he is unable to reach the standards he expects of himself in training and playing. He will leave the club with our best wishes for the future. The fact he had a contract for this year and next but decided to hang up his boots speaks volumes about his integrity.”

Kyle Eastmond added, “I love rugby and will always be involved in it. I’ve come to realise the passion to influence the game is no longer on the field. It is this love and respect for the game, that leads me to this decision. I would like to say thank you so much to Kevin Sinfield, Leeds Rhinos and all the fans and wish the team all the best for the rest of the season.”

Eastmond announces retirement | Leeds Rhinos (therhinos.co.uk)

30 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Tough crowd today, feels like it is a worth a thread. Best of luck to him, shame it hasn't worked out.

There's plenty more to the story, clearly.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived