Crusaders Away

pensioner

another win on the road , to a team hard to pick points at home against 2 away wins against teams who will be in the mix come the end of the season , as town fans i cant remember the last time we had a more better start to a season ,its got to be back in the 90s ? , and next week against another un-beating team , im expecting it to be be a good turn out , anything near to a 1000 or over and the club will be very happy.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start in 1 st gear last 2 weeks, give them 6 pts start then watch us go. Enjoyed watching 1 st  3 games. I thought caine had cracking game. But carnt fault any lads. Chris is class coach,(so pleased signed contract extension) got boys going. Lads deserve at least 1000 next week. Be tough against doncaster. Tell yer mates get down to derwent park. Something big is  happening. Utt.

There seems to be a feel good factor  and sense of optimism around the squad this season. Some experienced lads and exciting additions seem to be blending well and look like they are all pulling in the same direction under a good coach.

Can’t complain with the start we have had but you feel there’s much more to come from this team once they really gel and get used to each other. 3 good wins so far and I think it’s fair to say we haven’t really fully hit our straps yet, very encouraging. We will have a better idea of where we are after next week but you’d have to be optimistic on our current form. 

On today’s game they all did well but Barnes gets better every game, Doran is the best halfback in this league when he’s on this form, Holroyd is going to score some vital tries this year and Henson has been a revelation and his opportunism is fantastic he has scored almost all of his tries out of nothing. Agree with earlier comments that we should be trying to get Clarke for the season as he brings both size and ball handling as well as lots of experience, it’s noticeable how much talking and organising he does when he’s on the field.

All in all we have grounds for optimism without getting carried away just yet.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

good start to season 3 wins,agree with the above comments,Doran best half in comp, Henson taking his chance at pro level,still would like to see O'Brien and marwood have a chance at hooker ,think marwoods backing up and speed would be a positive, O'Brien a great worker in middle then second row,but it's a great squad town have put together.and a winning team hard to change.👍

Another good win, we do seem to be soaking up the early onslaught then coming strong at the end of the first half and beyond. Jamie seems to have gone up a gear since getting the captaincy and our kicking game has been spot on. These teams seem to have one player who they rely on , yesterday the big lad Brennan was a handful but as soon as Matty came on we started to dominate. My favourite player changes every week, last week I thought it was Brad now it's Connor. I also liked how whether we forced the error or not we were right on top of them to capitalise. 

Excellent start to the season despite Injuries and suspensions meaning already Chris has had to move players into different roles.I think our fitness will be a teller in a lot of our games this season and great to see the new players slotting right in and making the step up.Also really pleased with the fact we have so many Strike options this season making us difficult to defend against rather than opposition just nullifying Jamie we have players all over the field who pose a real threat with ball in hand.

Absolutely gutted that after more than a year without being at a game I will miss the Donny match as I am away all weekend in Leeds.Bet the atmosphere will be brilliant and the noise of a crowd may just help the lad's this weekend get going from the start.

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Fitness is a good point, in each game we have ran away from the opposition in the last 20 and it can have a big impact.

I think that’s a by-product of Chris’s philosophy of mobility over muscle and having lads with speed and agility in the pack rather than just big plodders. You don’t need to be that much fitter than the opposition if you’re that much faster than them when they’re tiring.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Agree, mobility v size is not a bad strategy at this level but it requires numbers in tackle when the opposition is bigger, that inevitably leads to fatigue so fitness is vital, as is a 50/50 share of possession, so ball retention is also crucial.

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

I think that’s a by-product of Chris’s philosophy of mobility over muscle and having lads with speed and agility in the pack rather than just big plodders. You don’t need to be that much fitter than the opposition if you’re that much faster than them when they’re tiring.

You could see that in the first gem, big difference in pack size and it looked like we were going to be ran over in the first 10 minutes or so. But then it switched around completely and we dominated in the forwards down to agility and speed over bulk as you say. Thats helped by having a good kicking game to constantly turn them around, get them around the pitch.

Archived