New RLWC Partnerships Announced

There have been some great partnerships announced by RLWC recently, the one with the National Lottery is fantastic but of more interest are the links with New Era caps and Titleist golf balls. Both global brands that bring with them a level of prestige I think. 

The one downside is the fact they are not allowed to use official national logos on their merch but that’s standard for international sports comps I guess. But, shows the value that international RL can bring in unlocking new partners.  And not forgetting England’s great link up with Monster HydroSport.

https://www.rlwc2021.com/news

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Whilst we are not seeing too many premium out and out sponsors in the traditional sense, there are some very interesting and positive partnerships being signed up, it looks pretty good to me. 

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

The World Cup merch without the proper logos is rubbish, sorry. One of the very few bum notes.

It all ends up a bit off-brand. But at least the RLWC logo will be on it. 

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why aren’t they allowed to use the proper logos, seems ridiculous.

For whatever reason this has been the case at every World Cup since 2008

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It's licensing. Oxen will now have the licence to produce product with the England branding on it. They'll have paid for exclusivity, same as whoever is making the jerseys for Australia and NZ etc.

Having the World Cup merchandise use the same branding will likely mean less Oxen (for example) product gets purchased. Among other things.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I get it.

But would it kill them to put bigger RLWC logos on it all?

And the words RUGBY LEAGUE?

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

2 hours ago, DlEHARD said:

I get it.

But would it kill them to put bigger RLWC logos on it all?

And the words RUGBY LEAGUE?

I'd imagine the RLWC team are being led by the people at New Era in terms of what can comfortably go on the cap and to what size etc. So you;d have to trust them on that. There may even be a standard size requirement for badge and embroidery application, for ease.
I'd imagine this would also be an on demand type of service, so stock is only held of the base cap, and is embelished as and when orders are placed, hence why they are all black caps. Much like many suppliers to amateur teams do. Keeps the cost down considerably. So uniformity in size and placement would be a must.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if at some of the grounds that can accommodate it, the retail areas have a customisation facility where these caps can be embelished as and when you order. Such things are quite common place in most New Era stores in the UK, and also used by many other sports and lifestyle brands. Customisation of existing product has become quite popular over the last few years.

Though it is a shame we have a partnership with a brand like New Era, but cannot feature the much more commercial branding associated with the playing nations such as England, Australia etc..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

For anyone wanting to check out some RLWC product that is actually nice, they should check out what Player Layer are doing with the Jamaica team, which is collaborating with some nice creatives of Jamaican heritage on some staples such as tee's and hoodies.

https://playerlayer.com/reggae-warriors

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

17 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

For anyone wanting to check out some RLWC product that is actually nice, they should check out what Player Layer are doing with the Jamaica team, which is collaborating with some nice creatives of Jamaican heritage on some staples such as tee's and hoodies.

https://playerlayer.com/reggae-warriors

That’s exactly the sort of merchandise that Rugby League needs more of. 

Archived