• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their proposal is hilarious.

“Like the Firehawk, we are a unique Australian brand,” Brisbane Tigers CEO Brian Torpy.

Ask the Queensland Firebirds. Who are suing them for their very very familiar brand.

/A raptor that changes the environment for the better, to sustain it. In what it does, it is representative of an outlaw./

Arsonist? Australian “Firehawk” Raptors Intentionally Spread Wildfires

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

18 minutes ago, DlEHARD said:

Their proposal is hilarious.

“Like the Firehawk, we are a unique Australian brand,” Brisbane Tigers CEO Brian Torpy.

Ask the Queensland Firebirds. Who are suing them for their very very familiar brand.

/A raptor that changes the environment for the better, to sustain it. In what it does, it is representative of an outlaw./

Arsonist? Australian “Firehawk” Raptors Intentionally Spread Wildfires

Shame really because the location of the tigers is an advantage over the dolphins even though the dolphins are probably more financially secure and asset rich.

All three bidders seem to have flaws. Firehawks branding is pretty weak, but they have some knowledgable people involved. Redcliffe has the finances but is likely to alienate fans of other Brisbane clubs, feels out on a limb geographically, and the decision to play games centrally is odd given their base. Jets comes across as an unlikely, and somewhat desperate, merger of two bids that were going nowhere. None of them really stand out.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

4 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

All three bidders seem to have flaws. Firehawks branding is pretty weak, but they have some knowledgable people involved. Redcliffe has the finances but is likely to alienate fans of other Brisbane clubs, feels out on a limb geographically, and the decision to play games centrally is odd given their base. Jets comes across as an unlikely, and somewhat desperate, merger of two bids that were going nowhere. None of them really stand out.

Is it a bit late in the game for the firehawks to change their name?

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

What’s Leigh got to do with anything?

That could have been the tagline for their bid.

new rise.jpg

15 minutes ago, Pulga said:

I'm not a fan of the name but the contrast between these guys and Leigh should be an eye opener.

How many pages in the bid document? 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 18/05/2021 at 13:01, Cumbrian Mackem said:

What a wet press conference that was. My days Brian, reading your entire script from a PowerPoint display in front of you, stumbling over your words. That was terrible. All of it.

“We are here today to announce our intention to bid and we are not going to share any details about our bid other than we want to be a brand for all of Australia, based in Brisbane”. 

12 minutes I will never get back that made me a little more stupid than I already am.

8 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

What a wet press conference that was. My days Brian, reading your entire script from a PowerPoint display in front of you, stumbling over your words. That was terrible. All of it.

“We are here today to announce our intention to bid and we are not going to share any details about our bid other than we want to be a brand for all of Australia, based in Brisbane”. 

12 minutes I will never get back that made me a little more stupid than I already am.

I don’t think the dolphins have anything to worry about 😂

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Lots of unanswered questions for me with the dolphins bid like will they incorporate Brisbane into their name? Will they play out of suncorp stadium or upgrade their current 10k capacity stadium? Do they have a rich backer/consortium willing to pump money in on a yearly basis?

11 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Lots of unanswered questions for me with the dolphins bid like will they incorporate Brisbane into their name? Will they play out of suncorp stadium or upgrade their current 10k capacity stadium? Do they have a rich backer/consortium willing to pump money in on a yearly basis?

They will play the majority of their home games at suncorp yes, some will be held at their own stadium. This club doesn't need a rich backer, it's wealthy as an entity anyway. 

35 minutes ago, Damien said:

Do they actually own the stadium like Cronulla do?

They own Dolphins Stadium and something like 11 hectares around it. They own a shopping centre and have a leagues club with 40k members as well as gyms and swimming pools and other facilities. 

22 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

And the name?

The Fans will vote on the name if they are successful 

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/09/fans-to-help-dolphins-choose-name-if-club-granted-nrl-licence/

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Archived