Gelling NOT guilty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He admitted to punching a woman. If you want to call him not guilty then good for you. If I was in charge of the sport I’d make sure the coward never stepped foot on the field of play ever again. He’s a parasite. 

1 minute ago, Moscow01 said:

He admitted to punching a woman. If you want to call him not guilty then good for you. If I was in charge of the sport I’d make sure the coward never stepped foot on the field of play ever again. He’s a parasite. 

This. 

1 minute ago, Moscow01 said:

He was charged with GBH which he has been found not guilty. His testimony inferred self defence to stop him from being ran over

2 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I hope that he puts this behind him. As a player, he is one of the most watchable talents in the game.

He’s a rank average centre, playing for a team that will be relegated to the Championship. 

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

And here's another side of the story 

As I understand it there was also a history of domestic abuse. No wonder women don't come forward. Do we need someone like this in Superleague? 

But you’re basing your findings on the social media evidence presented by one side.   It doesn’t paint the full picture.

The court lets both sides present their cases and then makes judgement.   You can disagree with it and bias towards one side based on emotion, but then you open a can of worms. If you can’t rely on courts then all cases should be quashed. 

22 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

But you’re basing your findings on the social media evidence presented by one side.   It doesn’t paint the full picture.

The court let’s both sides present their cases and then makes judgement.   You can disagree with it and bias towards one side based on emotion, but then you open a can of worms. If you can’t rely on courts then all cases should be quashed. 

I agree. Whatever we see on social media and through news reports is just a part of the overall case that the court has heard.

A jury has listened to testimony and evidence presented and decided he is not guilty. We do not know more than they did and we should respect the outcome.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

18 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The court let’s both sides present their cases and then makes judgement.   You can disagree with it and bias towards one side based on emotion, but then you open a can of worms. If you can’t rely on courts then all cases should be quashed. 

Has he been found guilty of something else then?  Because clearly he hit her, even if provoked. And as I understand it from the evidence, he admitted he could not explain why he simply could not get out of the way to avoid the reversing car.  And even if he could not, why did he have to hit her?  If she is a total wotsit, whicj sounds likely, why did he, 6'3", just keep away and just carry on shouting?

Surely he is guilty of something.  But then, this is a Liverpool jury!

Crazy world.  Clubb says something in the heat of the moment and gets 8 games.  Sargeson puts a woman into A&E and plays the week after.

43 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I hope that he puts this behind him. As a player, he is one of the most watchable talents in the game.

Let's hope he has stopped taking his angry pills. I cannot believe that after the evidence of this and the actual event produced in court that he must get some sort of sanction.

Being provoked is an excuse?  Clubb was provoked into sarcasm and gets 8 matches!   Come one, you cannot just make excuses like like, 'hope he puts it behind him'

6 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Has he been found guilty of something else then?  Because clearly he hit her, even if provoked. And as I understand it from the evidence, he admitted he could not explain why he simply could not get out of the way to avoid the reversing car.  And even if he could not, why did he have to hit her?  If she is a total wotsit, whicj sounds likely, why did he, 6'3", just keep away and just carry on shouting?

Surely he is guilty of something.  But then, this is a Liverpool jury!

Crazy world.  Clubb says something in the heat of the moment and gets 8 games.  Sargeson puts a woman into A&E and plays the week after.

What did Sarginson do?

Rugby league in this country really is selling itself as a playground for thugs, isn't it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Let's hope he has stopped taking his angry pills. I cannot believe that after the evidence of this and the actual event produced in court that he must get some sort of sanction.

Being provoked is an excuse?  Clubb was provoked into sarcasm and gets 8 matches!   Come one, you cannot just make excuses like like, 'hope he puts it behind him'

I wasn’t excusing anything, don’t read anything more into what I wrote than the words themselves. I genuinely hope he puts this behind him. 

12 minutes ago, Click said:

What did Sarginson do?

This is new to me. I thought he 'only' got into a grubby fight at a night club?

What a sport.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

56 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Just because he got himself a good lawyer and got off on the serious charge of GBH doesn't mean he isn't a woman beater. Its not just the pictures on social media, he admitted it himself in court that he punched her in the face.

The guys a complete coward and a grub.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

This was a court of law, not a RL panel. 

He's been found not guilty, specifically, of GBH.

You might want to read what he admitted to in order to get that not guilty verdict.

So I'm more than happy to call him a thug.

EDIT - contentious line removed,

32 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Rugby league in this country really is selling itself as a playground for thugs, isn't it?

Yep.

The absolute trash supporters that are ok with and defend this type of behaviour are responsible too. 

RL has zero moral highground compared to most other sports

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

You might want to read what he admitted to in order to get that not guilty verdict.

So I'm more than happy to call him a thug. And if you're happy to think that punching a woman in the face like that is fine if a court finds you not guilty of GBH then good for you.

The defence being it was to stop him from being ran over which potentially could do him a lot of damage. I just don’t get how that was possible as if he was in front of behind the car that wouldn’t be possible. 

by the sounds of it the victim is appealing so this might not go away

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So I'm more than happy to call him a thug. And if you're happy to think that punching a woman in the face like that is fine if a court finds you not guilty of GBH then good for you.

Don’t put words in my mouth, I don’t think anything of the sort. 

Archived