Hull Fc-need their own stadium

After the complaints about the state of the stadium last night why are FC paying 50 grand a game to play in a hole 

Move it to the next level Pearson and get your own 15000 seater stadium 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, The storm said:

After the complaints about the state of the stadium last night why are FC paying 50 grand a game to play in a hole 

Move it to the next level Pearson and get your own 15000 seater stadium 

A question.  Have they been paying 50k bearing in mind there have been no fans for a year.

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A question , do they have 20 million down the back of the sofa ?

Hull FC specifically might not need (all of) it. Hull City's unscrupulous owners, the Allams, do occasionally spout that they'll build FC a stadium just so they'll leave the KCOM. One day they might follow through, at least partially.

The best solution for virtually all parties of course would be to get the Allams out of Hull City (and therefore the SMC too) and get more agreeable owners in. Hopefully they'll sell them as a Championship outfit now they've won promotion from League 1. 

33 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

A question.  Have they been paying 50k bearing in mind there have been no fans for a year.

No it was much worse than that. We pay about £700,000 a year to use the stadium, which in a normal year works out about £50k per game. But last year we still had to pay the £700k despite only playing 5 home games, and I think only 3 of those had fans. Huge hit for the club to take during what was already a really difficult time.

I think Pearson is now looking very seriously at trying to raise the funds to build our own ground. Whether that will ultimately be feasible or not I aren't sure. But it sounds like that's the route he wants to go down.

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

No it was much worse than that. We pay about £700,000 a year to use the stadium, which in a normal year works out about £50k per game. But last year we still had to pay the £700k despite only playing 5 home games, and I think only 3 of those had fans. Huge hit for the club to take during what was already a really difficult time.

I think Pearson is now looking very seriously at trying to raise the funds to build our own ground. Whether that will ultimately be feasible or not I aren't sure. But it sounds like that's the route he wants to go down.

Share with KR 😃

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

I'm sure Catalans fans are feeling sorry for your past 12 months 

Just now, Eddie said:

Share with KR 😃

Sharing with Rovers wouldn't actually bother me, but Craven Park isn't suitable. Poor location, too small and whilst they have done some good work renovating it in recent years it still needs work done.

If a brand new stadium to be shared between us was proposed however, I wouldn't be against it in principal.

1 minute ago, MZH said:

Sharing with Rovers wouldn't actually bother me, but Craven Park isn't suitable. Poor location, too small and whilst they have done some good work renovating it in recent years it still needs work done.

If a brand new stadium to be shared between us was proposed however, I wouldn't be against it in principal.

As long as it wasn't in East Hull ? 🤔

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

As long as it wasn't in East Hull ? 🤔

As long as it was fairly central. I don't think the whole East v West thing matters so much there days. Fans of both clubs are found all over the city. Although I'm struggling to think off the top of my head of any good venues tbh.

Can someone explain the 'state of the stadium' mentioned in the OP?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Can someone explain the 'state of the stadium' mentioned in the OP?

HDM reporting that there were concerns for the cleanliness of some areas last night, toilets issues, no running water (which might have been fixed), dead birds and bird muck on some seats.

Bit steep to demand a new stadium based on that.

There are ongoing discussions which Pearson is unable to reveal right now.  Not a pleasant situation between the Club and the owners.

What happened to the Boulevard?

That must have been worth a few bob, surely?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Its a school now or something?

Indeed it is, the "Boulevard Academy".

I understand, in keeping with the former use of the site, language is a speciality, albeit not foul.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Joking aside, for me Hull FC have the most growth potential in terms of crowds and performance. 

Since they get promoted in 97' they've never really been consistent and have at times had 15k plus crowds. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

12 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Joking aside, for me Hull FC have the most growth potential in terms of crowds and performance. 

Since they get promoted in 97' they've never really been consistent and have at times had 15k plus crowds. 

That's my only concern with downsizing. Anything less than 18k wouldn't be giving us the space to reach our full potential imo. When we reached the Grand Final in 2006 we got over 19k in for the playoff against Bradford, when we played Warrington in 2016 for the LLS there were close to 18k in there, and we have occasionally broken 15k for other league games. That's not to mention the derbies which are usually around 20k. 

There's no reason why we couldn't avarage over 15k if we had a really successful team imo. 

I'm hoping all this nonsense with the Allams can be resolved one way or another and we just remain at the KCOM.

Archived