Hull Fc-need their own stadium

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

That's my only concern with downsizing. Anything less than 18k wouldn't be giving us the space to reach our full potential imo. When we reached the Grand Final in 2006 we got over 19k in for the playoff against Bradford, when we played Warrington in 2016 for the LLS there were close to 18k in there, and we have occasionally broken 15k for other league games. That's not to mention the derbies which are usually around 20k. 

There's no reason why we couldn't avarage over 15k if we had a really successful team imo. 

I'm hoping all this nonsense with the Allams can be resolved one way or another and we just remain at the KCOM.

It’s actually better to have a capacity slightly below your maximum potential attendance though, so getting a ticket becomes something to aspire to and so people get season tickets to make sure they can get in, and a smaller full ground is better than a bigger one with empty seats. I’m certain Norwich know that and it’s why they haven’t expanded Carrow Road to 30,000+, though I can’t think of a RL example where any team sells out ever. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

HDM reporting that there were concerns for the cleanliness of some areas last night, toilets issues, no running water (which might have been fixed), dead birds and bird muck on some seats.

Bit steep to demand a new stadium based on that.

There are ongoing discussions which Pearson is unable to reveal right now.  Not a pleasant situation between the Club and the owners.

What a load of soft moaners. If you had to put up with Belle Vue, then I could understand your concerns. Just imagine what it's like for us wakey supporters. No only that your team wins often enough unlike our lot 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Joking aside, for me Hull FC have the most growth potential in terms of crowds and performance. 

Since they get promoted in 97' they've never really been consistent and have at times had 15k plus crowds. 

15k when playing KR?

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

What a load of soft moaners. If you had to put up with Belle Vue, then I could understand your concerns. Just imagine what it's like for us wakey supporters. No only that your team wins often enough unlike our lot 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Luxury... thon shod gerrup t thowd ol river caves.  

6 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

It just reinforces what some SL clubs bring to the table.

As opposed to those rubbish clubs like FEV  and Batley who own their own grounds and don't have to shell out £700,000 of SKY money in ground rental.

You’re right, Hull and Wigan should be booted out, with Fev and Batley brought in. 

8 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

It just reinforces what some SL clubs bring to the table.

As opposed to those rubbish clubs like FEV  and Batley who own their own grounds and don't have to shell out £700,000 of SKY money in ground rental.

You are right, Hull should leave the KCOM immediately, buy Costello playing fields and start playing in front of one man and his dog. We would bring far more to the table that way.

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

You are right, Hull should leave the KCOM immediately, buy Costello playing fields and start playing in front of one man and his dog. We would bring far more to the table that way.

Has it got a slope 😂

39 minutes ago, MZH said:

Apologies.

Just a sarcastic rant against some people (not you ) who say Championship clubs bring nothing to the game.

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

It’s actually better to have a capacity slightly below your maximum potential attendance though, so getting a ticket becomes something to aspire to and so people get season tickets to make sure they can get in, and a smaller full ground is better than a bigger one with empty seats. I’m certain Norwich know that and it’s why they haven’t expanded Carrow Road to 30,000+, though I can’t think of a RL example where any team sells out ever. 

Norwich have bought land around Carrow Road (reported late 2019) with a view to expanding the ground past 30,000.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

From personal experience the South Stand had no hot water in the toilets or paper towels to dry your hands with - pretty basic stuff. The amount of bird muck would suggest that a clean of the stadium hasn't happened for a long time either!

KCOM location is perfect and the stadium, if maintained, also very good but the difficulties living alongside the Allams is clearly a big problem and getting bigger. I would hope the council can step in regards the running of the SMC or even better the Allams sell up completely.

Not convinced either will happen in the short to medium term.

41 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Norwich have bought land around Carrow Road (reported late 2019) with a view to expanding the ground past 30,000.

Yeah I know, and they could have done it years ago, but haven’t. Round here tickets are like gold dust, however well or badly we’re playing and have been for almost 20 years, so I think that makes getting a ticket attractive and something to be desired, and is better for the club than having a stadium too big for them in which time people then pick and choose what matches they go to and attendances drop when the team aren’t playing well. 

14 minutes ago, boris74 said:

From personal experience the South Stand had no hot water in the toilets or paper towels to dry your hands with - pretty basic stuff. The amount of bird muck would suggest that a clean of the stadium hasn't happened for a long time either!

KCOM location is perfect and the stadium, if maintained, also very good but the difficulties living alongside the Allams is clearly a big problem and getting bigger. I would hope the council can step in regards the running of the SMC or even better the Allams sell up completely.

Not convinced either will happen in the short to medium term.

That sounds pretty bad. Surely there must be a breach of contract there.

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Its a school now or something?

What happened to the money from the sale of the site?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Apologies.

Just a sarcastic rant against some people (not you ) who say Championship clubs bring nothing to the game.

Oh I see, I understand your point now.

Yeah those people do wind me up. Even the championship clubs who don't necessarily aspire to be SL clubs (and I don't think it's unfair to include Batley in that) do so much for their communities and for developing players. Of course we need more big clubs at the top level, but anyone who can't see how important those slightly smaller clubs are to our sport is an idiot.

Not being cynical but didn't Pearson negotiate the deal when he was involved with the SMC/Hull City? Is he not happy with what he arranged now he is on the receiving end? Surely he knew the deal when he bought Hull FC or is he claiming now it came as a surprise?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

18 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

You've not met the Allams then!!

I think the more likely scenario is that the Allams sell up and we can develop a much better working relationship with the new owners. Mending the current relationship seems like it will be very difficult to do. Unless the council get heavily involved, but they seem reluctant to do so.

3 minutes ago, BJW said:

Not being cynical but didn't Pearson negotiate the deal when he was involved with the SMC/Hull City? Is he not happy with what he arranged now he is on the receiving end? Surely he knew the deal when he bought Hull FC or is he claiming now it came as a surprise?

My understanding is Pearson and the council negotiated something which sort of assumed good faith on all sides. Naive maybe but they didn't factor in the soccer club being controlled by a set of ....s.

1 minute ago, BJW said:

No it's not that. The £700,000 per year is fine in normal circumstances. It was just mentioned as an example of how unreasonable the SMC have become when they still insist that needs to be paid in full despite barely any games being played there.

Besides, the bigger problem is that agreements are being broken left right and centre to the detriment of Hull FC. The Allams are being completely unreasonable and petty over what are very minor things in a lot of cases. It's been going on for years and I think Hull FC are at the end of their tether with it now.

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

No it's not that. The £700,000 per year is fine in normal circumstances. It was just mentioned as an example of how unreasonable the SMC have become when they still insist that needs to be paid in full despite barely any games being played there.

Besides, the bigger problem is that agreements are being broken left right and centre to the detriment of Hull FC. The Allams are being completely unreasonable and petty over what are very minor things in a lot of cases. It's been going on for years and I think Hull FC are at the end of their tether with it now.

Like someone else said surely a ground share with KR is a no brainer

Archived