Hull Fc-need their own stadium

18 hours ago, MZH said:

No it was much worse than that. We pay about £700,000 a year to use the stadium, which in a normal year works out about £50k per game. But last year we still had to pay the £700k despite only playing 5 home games, and I think only 3 of those had fans. Huge hit for the club to take during what was already a really difficult time.

I think Pearson is now looking very seriously at trying to raise the funds to build our own ground. Whether that will ultimately be feasible or not I aren't sure. But it sounds like that's the route he wants to go down.

Hull Fc could get a stadium for about 12 million

It's not rocket science 

With conferencing and weddings and other events they would be able to increase revenue by about a million a year 

When I got married at widnes vikings a few years ago the bar takings were enormous 

None of that profit went to widnes 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, M j M said:

My understanding is Pearson and the council negotiated something which sort of assumed good faith on all sides. Naive maybe but they didn't factor in the soccer club being controlled by a set of ....s.

Not far off I reckon.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

They could build a stadium on a man made island in the Humber directly adjacent to the mouth of the river Hull. Share the stadium in the spirit of AC & Inter at the San Siro👍

The Deep beat us to Sammy's Point.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

You've not met the Allams then!!

True, I've avoided that opportunity. 😃😃😃

You could get some big and powerful Sue, Grabbit and Runne legal brains for £2 million, say. Carter Ruck, Mishcon de Reyer, Hudgell Solicitors....

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

The Deep beat us to Sammy's Point.

Yeah that would’ve been an ideal site - on the East side of the river! 😀

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 18/05/2021 at 18:35, Eddie said:

Share with KR 😃

I'd rather jump off a bridge.

Pearson has been pleading poverty for a couple of years. There will be no new stadium. It is all noise to drive the rent down. Hull will be at the KC for decades... losing hopefully 😂

17 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yeah that would’ve been an ideal site - on the East side of the river! 😀

I think of it more as no man's land 😉

15 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

I'd rather jump off a bridge.

Pearson has been pleading poverty for a couple of years. There will be no new stadium. It is all noise to drive the rent down. Hull will be at the KC for decades... losing hopefully 😂

That was my take on it too but I'm not so sure now. Just a feeling but I think the club might genuinely be exploring other options.

16 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

So in hindsight was it a mistake to leave The Boulevard?

No definitely not. The Boulevard was decrepit. I loved the old place but there was no future there. It needed huge investment. The KCOM has been very good for us for nearly 20 years now, we just need to solve this problem with the Allams.

36 minutes ago, MZH said:

No definitely not. The Boulevard was decrepit. I loved the old place but there was no future there. It needed huge investment. The KCOM has been very good for us for nearly 20 years now, we just need to solve this problem with the Allams.

I can almost hear Tony Soprano saying it.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Didn’t West Hull use the ground after FC moved out,seem to recall us playing them and not being able to kick to touch due to the state of the roof on one of the stands.

On 19/05/2021 at 12:53, MZH said:

No it's not that. The £700,000 per year is fine in normal circumstances. It was just mentioned as an example of how unreasonable the SMC have become when they still insist that needs to be paid in full despite barely any games being played there.

Besides, the bigger problem is that agreements are being broken left right and centre to the detriment of Hull FC. The Allams are being completely unreasonable and petty over what are very minor things in a lot of cases. It's been going on for years and I think Hull FC are at the end of their tether with it now.

These agreements weren't contractual then? I thought that Pearson was a businessman.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I would not be averse to a new ground shared with wovers but with all the work going on at ncp

I can't see it.

Hull left the boulevard and used what money the raised to clear of some debts. Not much was left

The board at the time didn't want to get invoved in the running of the stadium and negotiated a user agreement which was beneficial up to a gate of around 7000.

After that level it started to cost money as around half of any gate over that was to be used to pay the management company.

TBF at the time we were having a bit of sucess but not drawing much more than that at Boulevard

No one wants to take on the Allams as the council havent got the money or the will for another fight and the Allams just do as they like such as shutting footbridges into the ground as a so called anti terrorist measure even though the ground is in a park!

They have also moved community groups using the site of this community stadium.

1 hour ago, super major said:

I would not be averse to a new ground shared with wovers but with all the work going on at ncp

I can't see it.

Hull left the boulevard and used what money the raised to clear of some debts. Not much was left

The board at the time didn't want to get invoved in the running of the stadium and negotiated a user agreement which was beneficial up to a gate of around 7000.

After that level it started to cost money as around half of any gate over that was to be used to pay the management company.

TBF at the time we were having a bit of sucess but not drawing much more than that at Boulevard

No one wants to take on the Allams as the council havent got the money or the will for another fight and the Allams just do as they like such as shutting footbridges into the ground as a so called anti terrorist measure even though the ground is in a park!

They have also moved community groups using the site of this community stadium.

It depends how nasty this situation gets.  We’ve already seen what a few thousand supporters can do in football.

6 hours ago, Ullman said:

That was my take on it too but I'm not so sure now. Just a feeling but I think the club might genuinely be exploring other options.

Always keep options open but tangibly there aren't any. Just get rid of the Allams, a scorn on the city. 

1 hour ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Always keep options open but tangibly there aren't any. Just get rid of the Allams, a scorn on the city. 

Too right.

17 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

It depends how nasty this situation gets.  We’ve already seen what a few thousand supporters can do in football.

Previous protests by Hull City supporters seem to have had little effect on the Allams so doubt they'd lose sleep over protesting FC fans!

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

4 hours ago, BJW said:

Previous protests by Hull City supporters seem to have had little effect on the Allams so doubt they'd lose sleep over protesting FC fans!

I think they just love the protests. Ever since they got turned down to have a name change they have thrown their toys out.They wanted the name Hull erased from their club because of a fall out withe council

The issue they have with the council is that the council wouldn't gift them the stadium to finance developing the site and surrounding area which the allams also do not own

6 hours ago, BJW said:

Previous protests by Manchester United fans, as well as others, has had a decidedly large effect in football.

47 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Previous protests by Manchester United fans, as well as others, has had a decidedly large effect in football.

The impact on the behaviour of the Glazers has been slight even though the fans have protested since day one

Archived