York City knights

moorside roughyed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34-6. A strong first half but the sending off gave York the spaces they needed with their classy players to really pull away from our injury hit team with players out of position.. Enough from Oldham to suggest that with key players back and the right mental attitude we can win those games we really have to. I hope...

1 hour ago, shaw llewellyn said:

Great effort so far. It was high but why red and not a sin bin. Seen a load of sin bins this year for high shots.

The sending off was a joke. It was a reaction grab or slap. The player was unhurt although he milked it. The red bottled it not for the first time today and leaned to the home team. The correct decision should have been 10 minutes for him and Mikey Lewis 

once again too many mistakes from the man in the middle which changed the momentum of the game

how many times did the ref give york another 6 tackles,i think he gave us 1.

one instance when i think it was bridge stole the ball in a tackle the ref gave the play the ball to us then the linesman stated we stole it after the york player had been tackled. the ref then changed his mind and gave york a free kick.

but we continue to give stupid penalties away when we had york pinned on their own line.

it also looked like hewitt was carrying a leg leg injury all the match. 

12 minutes ago, tandle said:

how many times did the ref give york another 6 tackles,i think he gave us 1.

Just what we said earlier

12 minutes ago, tandle said:

one instance when i think it was bridge stole the ball in a tackle the ref gave the play the ball to us then the linesman stated we stole it after the york player had been tackled. the ref then changed his mind and gave york a free kick.

I think this happened again when Brierly took the ball one to one

Inspiring performance today, especially given the hard game against Featherstone on Monday night and we certainly gave them a fright in the first half. The sending off really gave us an uphill battle after the break, with plenty of talent in the York side taking full advantage of the situation. Good signs for the the forthcoming games, so plenty to look forward to. 

It’s really clear from the season so far that we have to be absolutely on our game, as mistake free as possible to be in a position to win the games we need to. When we are we can- eg Halifax/Swinton. It’s the mental preparation and concentration which is key; week in week out. In this league if that slips we’ll lose. There are very encouraging signs but one slip and it all unravels.

Overall can't fault that performance and effort from the lads , pretty even until the sending off ,which I thought was the right call it was reckless , after that it was always going to be an uphill task , but we never gave up against a quality side if it had stayed 13 v 13 I think we'd have run them close , good to see some players back and hopefully take the same attitude and performance into Widnes next week 

Archived