blake austin to gold coast

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it shouldn't, but I find the lack of capital letters here really distressing. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I know it shouldn't, but I find the lack of capital letters here really distressing. 

yer- i thought that while typing- but thought sod it- what the hell?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

yer- i thought that while typing- but thought sod it- what the hell?

You know what, I'm going to give it a try.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

my god this is amazing i feel wonderful 

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

i have a meteors tattoo on my arm with both "e" s back to front- i will be sure to wear long sleeves should we ever meet

THERE ARE ALSO SOME OTHER WAYS THAT POSTERS TYPE THAT CAN BE REALLY DISTRESSING AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE BEING SHOUTED AT CONSTANTLY...

Anyway, I think it's best for everyone if Austin can get a mid-season transfer.   I've enjoyed watching him when he's at his best, but I think he needs a fresh start back home.   I'd like to see Riley Dean brought back alongside Widdop, and given the chance to prove to Powell that he's the future.

21 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Ash Taylor about  years ago was meant to be the next big thing thing to come out of Australia, but it just hasn't happened for him and I've thought he looked a very good player at times

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

my god this is amazing i feel wonderful 

I guess it's like the feeling of freedom you get when trying on the wife's comfy knickers.   I just assuming that feels comfy of course.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I guess it's like the feeling of freedom you get when trying on the wife's comfy knickers.   I just assuming that feels comfy of course.

i have never put another forum member on block - until now!

although where else can you get from blake austin signing for gold coast to your wifes comfy knickers in less than half a dozen replies?

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i have never put another forum member on block - until now!

Oh come on now, she's not that scary! 

17 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Sarcasm? If not, i just don't get it.

Anyway, I speak Wenglish, I'm no expert in English but isn't it grammatically correct, to use capital letters for proper nouns/names? 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Austin is still class, a big loss for Wire if this happens. 

yep- u have to think something has gone wrong with the coaching or other factors- players like Austin (notice the capital A there)  don't just become poor players for no reason all of a sudden. 

10 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Have to say Flakey Blake hasn’t really lived up to expectation, and there isn’t the typical excuse that he’s 32 and past it etc. He came over in his prime. 

His first season him and Hastings were head and shoulders above everyone else. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

His first season him and Hastings were head and shoulders above everyone else. 

even the dandruff shows up on skysports HD !

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

although where else can you get from blake austin signing for gold coast to your wifes comfy knickers in less than half a dozen replies?

well we are talking about Blake Austin who at times plays .... pants

I'll be sad to see him go. It would have been interesting to see how he fared under Powell's coaching. Wire got themselves a decent gun when they brought him over........Pricey loaded it with blanks!   Shame. 

17 minutes ago, CiderWire said:

I'll be sad to see him go. It would have been interesting to see how he fared under Powell's coaching. Wire got themselves a decent gun when they brought him over........Pricey loaded it with blanks!   Shame. 

Spot on. 

People enjoy giving Austin stick, probably because of his marquee tag, but for me he has been a good signing, entertaining to watch and put 100% effort in all of the time. 

I feel his wings have been clipped by Price and I hope he goes back there and enjoys it again. 

46 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Spot on. 

People enjoy giving Austin stick, probably because of his marquee tag, but for me he has been a good signing, entertaining to watch and put 100% effort in all of the time. 

I feel his wings have been clipped by Price and I hope he goes back there and enjoys it again. 

I think he has been very good but has faded badly. He certainly doesn’t suit Price’s structured style, in a similar way to how he struggled to fit in at Canberra in his latter days. The biggest concern watching him recently is that he appears a weakness in defence that opposition is targeting, and I never noticed him being a poor defender previously 

Archived