Bulldogs v Lions

Batley Bob

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure whether the bars will be open. Ron's lounge certainly won't be open, but then again the match could be off with the latest info coming out about the 8 area's most at risk.

If the game is on.

BATLEY BULLDOGS V SWINTON LIONS

Sunday 30th May
The Fox's Biscuit Stadium | KO : 15:00

Referee G. Hewer
Touch Judge 1 C. Etchells
Touch Judge 2 A. Cameron
Reserve Referee L. O'brien
Time Keeper D. Milburn

Well, 4 days to gameday, somebody somewhere is blocking progress, as I've said elsewhere, Rams had a crowd figure a week before with time to cancel yet how come 4 days out we appear not to have any clearance. We might as well carry on as we were pre 17 May until proposed 'freedom day' if it's causing so much aggro.

Yes Kirklees due to conflicting advice coming from the government, who late yesterday were back tracking very quickly.

the club can't do anything with out the council saying so, yes I know what your thinking just crack on with it and if cancelled then deal with it.

That 'advice' shouldn't have had any effect on a permitted number, only maybe on travelling fans, we as Batley people shouldn't have been affected in any way as we (mostly DD and Redditch) are within Kirklees anyway. Nobody dare move without permission in triplicate and the Monarch's seal on it (where are you Trace when we need yer??). They just need to get off their bums and give the club the information. I see the booking site crashing quickly....

5 hours ago, phildog said:

Well, 4 days to gameday, somebody somewhere is blocking progress, as I've said elsewhere, Rams had a crowd figure a week before with time to cancel yet how come 4 days out we appear not to have any clearance. We might as well carry on as we were pre 17 May until proposed 'freedom day' if it's causing so much aggro.

I've got my ticket

IMG_0583.JPG

Trying to make a paper copy made my head hurt but eventually managed..  It was either that or a two mile long extension lead for my pc.

We may be looking after my Grandson tomorrow as he has a cold.  If I'm evicted from the match on Sunday because I am coughing and spluttering I'll be one unhappy Grandad!

2 hours ago, Dewsbury Dog said:

Hi Bill. Could you please let me know how you did it to save my head hurting? I presume you had to select E-tickets as the delivery option first?

I had taken the path( -My orders-Active tickets) and could not print or download said ticket.  You no doubt found the path (-My orders-All orders list- and then the download e ticket icon) which then shows a printable version of the ticket.  I'm glad that your head's not hurting!!

Yep,great clip with all the game day details.and u tube always works for me so many more to come during season,them twitters n faceache dont always work for me.

seems like a dream to think we will be having a cold beer again and seeing what seems like one hell of a squad a players back in action in the flesh. pitch looks super too so WELL DONE GUYS.

Just to clarify we would clearly have preferred to sell tickets earlier but we only found out yesterday that Kirklees would allow crowds. We did not wish to sell tickets then have to give refunds because crowds were not allowed. Also it is not as straightforward  as saying the capacity is X just sell that many tickets. We have had our basic plan for a while but have constantly had to change it. The capacity is not simply a fixed number as it depends on the number in each group who book tickets as you need to leave 2 seats free between groups. The seating is the main problem not standing as much. I think the Rams capacity is based on best estimate by everyone. Ours is likely to be a bit higher but it depends if everyone books single seats then it would not.

We are all stressed out with all the problems but i think things will go well now although who knows!!

The Indian variant in Kirklees has been a major issue this week and so probably the problems would have been a bit less had we played 1 or 2 weeks earlier.

Anyway we are back!! Just come with friends and enjoy. Weather forcast at moment is good so stay for a drink afterwards as well to celebrate our return after 465 days since last home match.

Archived