Bulldogs v Lions

Batley Bob

9 hours ago, silcoates said:

The Att.figure was given as 940 in the rugby paper.Is that correct or was it 94.If correct ,that must be at least 200 more than normally Batley would get.So did the club give a lot of free tickets away.What was the allowed number ordered by Kirklees?

I would worry more about your lot avoiding relegation than our attendances! I hear that Matt Diskin's Oldham have you in their sights!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, silcoates said:

The Att.figure was given as 940 in the rugby paper.Is that correct or was it 94.If correct ,that must be at least 200 more than normally Batley would get.So did the club give a lot of free tickets away.What was the allowed number ordered by Kirklees?

There were over 1900 at Barrow for a C1 match and more than 800 at Keighley. It isn't quite like the immediate post-war times (insert joke here PM) but maybe people are simply glad to get the chance to watch live sport again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

55 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

There were over 1900 at Barrow for a C1 match and more than 800 at Keighley. It isn't quite like the immediate post-war times (insert joke here PM) but maybe people are simply glad to get the chance to watch live sport again.

The pre & post match facilities at Batley are far in excess of the majority of RL venues, it's the bit in the middle that can be challenging at times!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, distantdog said:

I would worry more about your lot avoiding relegation than our attendances! I hear that Matt Diskin's Oldham have you in their sights!

It can't be those rusty turnstiles again,you didn't try to use them- or did you? To be serious it was a good crowd.I hope we can get our 6;7;8 hundred what ever we are allowed.But at the moment the match could well be off.

3 minutes ago, silcoates said:

It can't be those rusty turnstiles again,you didn't try to use them- or did you? To be serious it was a good crowd.I hope we can get our 6;7;8 hundred what ever we are allowed.But at the moment the match could well be off.

Come on, you think Kev N has been idle over the lockdowns? The half-time draw monies enabled him to invest in a can of the best lubricant money can buy!

image.jpeg.c83dbbf3ec4da36bf31d4ffc6d8d762e.jpeg

Archived