Sun 23 May: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

5 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I don't think there's a whole lot of quality in that league to be fair. You'll probably find that most weeks you won't have to be that great, and can still get a result.

Workington are already talking like they are going up, but I suspect they'll take some right hammerings in the Championship if they do. 

Fingers crossed you take something off them anyway. Good win today.

Where has anyone from Workington talked as though we are going up. We’ve started the season ok, we’ll know where we are at the half way point in the season when we’ve played the likes of Barrow, Donny, Keighley and Rochdale. Chris Thorman signed a contract to stay at the club until the end of 2024, we are a work in progress, 5 of the team yesterday have only played a handful of games at semi pro level with a lot of developing to do. I hope we continue to do well but there is nobody getting carried away thinking we are nailed on for promotion. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I don't think there's a whole lot of quality in that league to be fair. You'll probably find that most weeks you won't have to be that great, and can still get a result.

Workington are already talking like they are going up, but I suspect they'll take some right hammerings in the Championship if they do. 

Absolute nonsense. Firstly there's a lot of quality in league 1 and as matches already have shown there are plenty of teams who can beat each other. Secondly I haven't heard anyone from Workington talk about winning the league, they will know there's a long way to go and lots of tough games. 

8 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Classy post  . Making stuff up then have a dig for no reason 

22 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Total nonsense from start to finish. 

On 24/05/2021 at 02:38, The Frying Scotsman said:

Workington are already talking like they are going up, 

That is not an opinion it is an accusation, I have not seen a single post where anyone has said they are going up or even talking like they were going up. 

Archived