Sat 22-Sun 23 May: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SATURDAY 22nd MAY
Toulouse Olympique v Swinton Lions KO 15:00 at Haywood Road, Swinton

SUNDAY 23rd MAY
London Broncos v Bradford Bulls KO 15:00
Newcastle Thunder v Halifax Panthers KO 15:00
Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers KO 16:30
Widnes Vikings v Whitehaven KO 15:00
York City Knights v Oldham KO 15:00

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All home wins.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Before anyone starts putting a 70-0 "home" win down for Toulouse, remember that the last time the teams met, Swinton won at Toulouse

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Before anyone starts putting a 70-0 "home" win down for Toulouse, remember that the last time the teams met, Swinton won at Toulouse

Toulouse were were badly understrength that day.

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SATURDAY 22nd MAY
Toulouse Olympique74 v 4 Swinton Lions KO 15:00 at Haywood Road, Swinton

SUNDAY 23rd MAY
London Broncos 18v24 Bradford Bulls KO 15:00
Newcastle Thunder 16v30 Halifax Panthers KO 15:00
Sheffield Eagles 12v28 Featherstone Rovers KO 16:30
Widnes Vikings 16v 20Whitehaven KO 15:00
York City Knights52 v 12Oldham KO 15:00

SATURDAY 22nd MAY

SUNDAY 23rd MAY

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

2 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

SATURDAY 22nd MAY

SUNDAY 23rd MAY

Pretty much spot on Chris Halifax though could sneak it at Newcastle.

Will watch Toulouse on-line on Saturday not too sure about going to the Broncos as still no communication regarding VIP offerings.

I am hoping for Sheffield to defeat the team from Post Office Road, so that we can have more confidence that Toulouse will finally achieve its long overdue status as a Super League team. Also I would like to see Sheffield  become a more successful and popular team, given its large population base and corporate sponsorship potential — which dwarfs that of Featherstone.

However hopes are not predictions, and I am aware that the free spending Rovers bosses have assembled a powerful group of mercenaries to pursue their unworthy aspiration for Super League status. So I will withhold judgment on the likely outcome on the pitch.

Tony Gigot in the TO squad 

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

36 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I am hoping for Sheffield to defeat the team from Post Office Road, so that we can have more confidence that Toulouse will finally achieve its long overdue status as a Super League team. Also I would like to see Sheffield  become a more successful and popular team, given its large population base and corporate sponsorship potential — which dwarfs that of Featherstone.

However hopes are not predictions, and I am aware that the free spending Rovers bosses have assembled a powerful group of mercenaries to pursue their unworthy aspiration for Super League status. So I will withhold judgment on the likely outcome on the pitch.

Toulouse don't have any mercenaries then? Despite your obsession with population's, there is little or no interest in RL in Sheffield, and I am speaking having worked there for nearly 20 years. All Toulouse have to do is win the Play Offs and they will be promoted. Their place in SL isn't long overdue as they have never looked like achieving it, despite recruiting players on Full Time contracts. Also I wonder how many other Clubs you deem unworthy of playing in the SL? 

50 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

You sound very bitter

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

You might get more support if you actully played your rugby in sheffield instead of anywhere and anybody who will have you ?? I'v known you even play on uni playing fields not very championship standard is it owd lad 

SATURDAY 22nd MAY

SUNDAY 23rd MAY

I think Bradford’s 2 new loan signings will strengthen rather than disrupt. 

14 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

SATURDAY 22nd MAY

SUNDAY 23rd MAY

I think Bradford’s 2 new loan signings will strengthen rather than disrupt. 

Is Jarrod Sammut playing this week? 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

100% agree with you on this one. 

Toulouse Olympique 44-10 Swinton Lions 

London Broncos 23-22 Bradford Bulls 
Newcastle Thunder 16-26Halifax Panthers 
Sheffield Eagles 10-30 Featherstone Rovers
Widnes Vikings 28-10 Whitehaven 
York City Knights 44-6 Oldham 

9 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 22nd MAY
Toulouse Olympique 70-4 Swinton Lions KO 15:00 at Haywood Road, Swinton

SUNDAY 23rd MAY
London Broncos 28-16 Bradford Bulls KO 15:00
Newcastle Thunder 18-30 Halifax Panthers KO 15:00
Sheffield Eagles 14-36 Featherstone Rovers KO 16:30
Widnes Vikings 28-24 Whitehaven KO 15:00
York City Knights 40-12 Oldham KO 15:00

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

How can you compare Featherstone with Sheffield, ones a small town and ones a very large city. Featherstone have a great history and for the size of our population don't do bad for crowds ( could do better admittedly) but no matter how well the Eagles do they will NEVER beat Featherstone's crowds they  are simply not interested in RL,how many grounds are they going to use before getting a proper ground like Featherstone's?  

Toulouse by a lot unless they rest a lot of players.

London V Bradford is pretty hard to call. Im going to go with home advantage and London to just edge it.

Thunder V Fax is really a must win for Fax we have Fev and York up next so cant afford to lose this one if we are still thinking top 6 and 2 likely losses in our following 2 games.

Eagles V Fev I guess is a potential banana skin game for Fev and their buddy Aston loves to get one over on them. It should be a comfortable Fev win.

Widnes V Haven should be an easy win for Widnes on paper but they must be in a mess. Having loan players recalled then immediatley loaned to a rival is really not a good look.

Easy win for York against Oldham.

Archived