• Last Reply

Toulouse Olympique v Swinton Lions 
London Broncos v Bradford Bulls 
Newcastle Thunder v Halifax Panthers 
Sheffield Eagles v Featherstone Rovers 
Widnes Vikings v Whitehaven 
York City Knights v Oldham 

12 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Widnes V Haven should be an easy win for Widnes on paper but they must be in a mess. Having loan players recalled then immediatley loaned to a rival is really not a good look.

The explanation given is that Bradford were able to offer a full-time training environment - not sure I entirely buy that. 

5 minutes ago, damp squib said:

Looking pretty ominous for Swinton already.

6 minutes gone and Toulouse are 10 - 0 up with tries from Remy Casty and Anthony Marion.

Does commentators curse work on a forum?

Swinton take the lead 12 - 10

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

18-18 after a crazy first 25 minutes. Toulouse looking like they can score at will, but Swinton being creative in attack and Ford throws a bizarre intereception literally on his own line.

This match should not be be a contest. Apart from Kheirallah being in poor goal kicking form, Toulouse is not performing well in defence. The coach will need to smarten up the team at half time.

37 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Have to say Toulouse look very good esepcially now with Gigot in at half back, Ford was their only recongnised half but Gigot was so creative today.

He didn't look fully in shape or match fit and maybe a few games down the line we'll see his conditioning improve and we'll see the strong running game too which we know he has in his locker. 

The things that he did do well today were first class though and despite the fact he didn't look well conditioned you can already see the value he's gonna add to the team, he was involved in at least 4 tries maybe more just from single passes or clever kicks that they wouldn't have normally scored. He's got that vision to spot a run, the right pass, the right kick at the right time and he's got the ability to pull it off. 

Based on today's performance he's got a bit more improvement in him

What a shame that Mark Kheirallah, the Egyptian-Australian-French fullback, was unable to convert his team’s tries in the first half. If had been able to kick those goals then Toulouse would have scored 72 points.

56 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

What a shame that Mark Kheirallah, the Egyptian-Australian-French fullback, was unable to convert his team’s tries in the first half. If had been able to kick those goals then Toulouse would have scored 72 points.

Tbh, from what I saw Kheirallah didn't look fully fit either. That last try he passed onto Ford to score he would've scored himself if he was in his best condition. 

The frustrating thing about the Toulouse game was how much leeway the ref gave Swinton to slow the ruck down, in the second half it seemed like in every tackle they left their hands on the ball, left a leg in or a knee and it put TO off their game slightly. I was surprised at how much this interference was allowed 

14 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

The frustrating thing about the Toulouse game was how much leeway the ref gave Swinton to slow the ruck down, in the second half it seemed like in every tackle they left their hands on the ball, left a leg in or a knee and it put TO off their game slightly. I was surprised at how much this interference was allowed 

I hope that this kind of biased refereeing will not take place when Toulouse face their only real rival, Featherstone Rovers, in matches that will determine the promotion to Super League. The RFL needs to issue an edict before those matches.

5 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I hope that this kind of biased refereeing will not take place when Toulouse face their only real rival, Featherstone Rovers, in matches that will determine the promotion to Super League. The RFL needs to issue an edict before those matches.

I’m sure you are correct.

Toulouse v Featherstone is a very important match for the future of Rugby League. The referee should approach it with an agenda to manipulate the rules and create an outcome beneficial to the sport. In fact, this should become widespread practice, ensuring that the “right” teams win enough matches to generate the best possible top division. And used well at the knockout stages, it could produce the most attractive finals. Also, it would become a good way to get rid of the undesirable teams. Whichever they are. To save arguments, you could choose.

You should get in touch with those in charge and promote your thesis. You haven’t already done so, have you?

Archived