Sun 24 May: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 19:30

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/21 at 19:00

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although Leeds aren't pulling up many trees of late, this game should give an indicator of whether last Monday's defeat by Les Cats was just a bad day at the office for Hull FC.

A repeat of the opening day of last season for my lot might quell the social media rumblings of the moaners for a while at least, however I don't think it will be convincing whichever team ends up with the spoils.

Leeds 18 Ullefsee 24.

I just hope I'll be in decent shape to watch after starting the day early afty watching Wakey v Rervers.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

If ever arrogance should prevail 'Football Club' are a banker here.

I fancy Leeds for this one.

Go on then, please explain.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Has TRL got a different calendar to everyone else?

anyway in some ways Im indifferent to the result as Im just overjoyed to be going to Headingley again, however that will change come kick off Im sure.

Good test for both sides Leeds have somewhat approaching a side with players in proper positions and Hull will be looking to bounce back from a poor showing. Weather may play a part as its set to pee it down, which could favour Leeds as we look string in the forwards.

Leeds by 4

14 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Go on then, please explain.

I think he's taken to calling us arrogant because we thought we would beat Catalans given that we started the season well. 

Hull should win tonight. I don't know if last week was a blip, or if we simply just aren't as good as we hoped we were. Either way Leeds are a bottom half team, injuries or not. A defeat tonight would be a poor result for Hull.

Aggrieved that we weren't part of the fortunate 50% of season ticket holders who got selected to attend this game so Sky Sports it is.

I do feel there is something in this Leeds team waiting to emerge and maybe the return of Myler and Tetevano will be enough for it to click into gear. Grunt hasn't been the problem generally this year, it's creativity and Gale will have to perform well above his standards so far this season if Leeds are to win.

That's too many ifs and maybes for my liking so I'd guess Hull will win by 10.

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

anyway in some ways Im indifferent to the result as Im just overjoyed to be going to Headingley again, however that will change come kick off Im sure.

I tried to tell myself that about returning to the KCOM.

Still went home in a bad mood.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Little feature on Oledzki was great. As a neutral, he is fantastic to watch, long may he continue to improve. 

It was.  He is really maturing into a top class prop.  His size and athleticism is the template for a modern prop.

Looking forward to seeing how Leeds with Tetevano, Prior and Oledzki match up againt the FC pack.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

It was.  He is really maturing into a top class prop.  His size and athleticism is the template for a modern prop.

Looking forward to seeing how Leeds with Tetevano, Prior and Oledzki match up againt the FC pack.

He reminds me, in many ways, of Jamie Peacock. Not saying they are like for like as players just tough no -nonsense relentless forwards. 

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Hull bench is the concern for me. Lacking in size.

Agree with the comments about Oledzki.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived