Sun 24 May: SL: Leigh Centurions v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/21 at 14:30

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Has a club ever gone a whole Super League season without winning a game?

Excluding Toronto, Workington came closest in 96 with 2 wins and a draw.

Leigh taking the 12th SL slot is looking more like a poisoned chalice every week.

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

Leigh taking the 12th SL slot is looking more like a poisoned chalice every week.

Good on them for making up the numbers as sacrificial lambs, tho’. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Huge potential for a slip up this game, and half time the score was too close to be happy. 

Huge last 20 from the Giants will hopefully be carried on to next weeks game, in what was a month to make our season 2 down, 2 to go.

As for the ticket debacle, didn't Beaumont scupper our league broadcasts not so long ago as well? Or stopped Toronto games being shown. Vague memory of him having form for these shenanigans I'm sure.

Either way, he might have had good intentions, but it was badly done and he has ripped off fans and gone against an agreement long in place. Very poor form and he's burnt any charitable thoughts I might have had towards Leigh for the short straw they got handed this season 

9 minutes ago, Ant said:

Huge potential for a slip up this game, and half time the score was too close to be happy. 

Huge last 20 from the Giants will hopefully be carried on to next weeks game, in what was a month to make our season 2 down, 2 to go.

As for the ticket debacle, didn't Beaumont scupper our league broadcasts not so long ago as well? Or stopped Toronto games being shown. Vague memory of him having form for these shenanigans I'm sure.

Either way, he might have had good intentions, but it was badly done and he has ripped off fans and gone against an agreement long in place. Very poor form and he's burnt any charitable thoughts I might have had towards Leigh for the short straw they got handed this season 

I'm so hurt 😂

I was right when I said I expected us to lose , in the game till the 45 minute mark then once the 2 score margin comes up we run out of steam and luck 

Looks like we've lost Sidlow , so not sure who we'll have at prop next week , plenty of effort but we just aren't good enough , chuck in a few dodgy decisions and that's a game gone , we didn't look like scoring a try despite getting some decent field position , once the game was gone the the Giants left side started to rip us apart

Not much we can do to change things 

Matty Russell didn't look too good when he left the pitch either 

49 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Didn't Halifax in 03 win just one game? Then lose their 2 points due to a salary cap breach?

51 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Leigh did 2 wins and a draw in 2005 , Fax won their first game of 2003 and then lost the rest and had a points deduction which too them to ' nil pua ' if I recall correctly 

33 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I was right when I said I expected us to lose , in the game till the 45 minute mark then once the 2 score margin comes up we run out of steam and luck 

Looks like we've lost Sidlow , so not sure who we'll have at prop next week , plenty of effort but we just aren't good enough , chuck in a few dodgy decisions and that's a game gone , we didn't look like scoring a try despite getting some decent field position , once the game was gone the the Giants left side started to rip us apart

Not much we can do to change things 

Matty Russell didn't look too good either when he left the pitch 

Pretty tight for the first 40, bit of an arm wrestle, but one we managed to just win, second half was all about our attitude and how many we'd win by, it was probably more emphatic than I guessed in the end, despite having a seemingly good try ruled out.

I can't remember too many attacks from Leigh in the 2nd half, we teased and toyed with them on our left, Leutele, Edwards and Sezer were sublime, Jones and Yates were colossal in the middle, even youngsters Trout and English dominated their opponents, O'Brien smashing holes in their defensive lines, it was a good watch in that second half, and even the Leythers had given up booing and abusing the referee by then.

Good warm up game for the tests to come 😉

£30, We're having a laugh 🙂

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

59 minutes ago, MZH said:

Didn't Halifax in 03 win just one game? Then lose their 2 points due to a salary cap breach?

London only won once in 2014 - against Leeds if I remember correctly.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Pretty comfortable win in the end, not much threat at all from Leigh apart from the 1st 15-20 minutes when they scored and threatened, i realise their arrival in Super League wasn't probably as they would have liked but their squad is made up of mainly journeymen who aren't wanted by better sides and it shows, they just seem like they're happy to have a club and a wage without needing to rip up trees with their performance, the majority of them just appeared to be going through the motions.

Aidan Sezer played in his slippers and to be honest we hardly got out of 2nd gear this aft and cruised to a win and with a crowd of 2,008 i don't think Degsy would have taken long to count his money either tonight, obviously the locals weren't impressed with his prices either, very surprising turnout from the Fartowners too considering - The Cowbell is back!!!!!

7 hours ago, overtheborder said:

Not sure if anyone's reading this wanting to go, but I've just managed to get a couple of tickets for the East Stand over the phone - they seem to have a few left (not sure how many though).

judging by the crowd announced they had a lot left if the capacity is 4,000 for them

1 hour ago, meast said:

And I must commend Leigh and the staff and stewards on the organisation, whilst there were one or two bits of over zealous stewarding it was all organised well, good communication and directions etc, so well done Leigh for that.

Totally agree, well done to the club/LSV for making it a pleasurable but safe experience.

Archived