Sun 24 May: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/21 at 14:30

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game.

I think Wakey have been knocking at the door so we will have to be on form. We won't beat them down the middle so have to get the ball down the edges quickly and complete high number of sets.

Plenty of away fans traveling down. In the words of Man City fans, 'we're not really here!'

30 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Plenty of away fans traveling down. In the words of Man City fans, 'we're not really here!'

The locals seem to have left a substantial part of the Western Terrace section to your good selves.  Looks like all available tickets will be sold so will be a big change for Wakefield.  Rovers have already sampled muffled crowd noise last week at Cas.  Looking forward to it.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Sounds like there'll be as many KR fans from what i've read

The crowd was set at 3600.  Season ticket holders 1st then only sales from club shop.  I'm sure a few Rovers fans got in early by various means but I reckon majority of away guys will be picking up the remaining for the away area/western terrace just put online this morning.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

The crowd was set at 3600.  Season ticket holders 1st then only sales from club shop.  I'm sure a few Rovers fans got in early by various means but I reckon majority of away guys will be picking up the remaining for the away area/western terrace just put online this morning.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

14 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Trinity win by golden point

😀 That would be rather cruel for our East Hull friends having suffered two GP defeats within the space of 13 days already this year.

Didn't get to see Rervers at Cas last week, as I was too busy watching my lot get stuffed at home, but it sounds like they were fairly impressive and I reckon they'll have too much for Wakey.

If it's tight towards the last few minutes, Wakey could do worse than put a bomb up for the pacey Chris Green to chase, his "cloaking device" presumably nicked off Star Trek has proved very effective in avoiding any offside decisions going against him when scoring matchwinners v Hull KR.

Wakey 20 Rervers 32.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 hours ago, daz39 said:

Sounds like there'll be as many KR fans from what i've read

Tickets already on sale from club shop for Shudds game next week.  You guys can do the same then.  Normal prices for all btw. 😉

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Aye but normal for most grounds should be about £10 for what Wakefield offer 😉

I'll no doubt be there though, will they be officially on sale to away fans or just via Wakey?

Guess it will be same as this week.  Shop (phone or in person) aimed at home fans till Thursday then on line with remains which will probably be Western Terrace again.  If you turn up at the shop and you're a Fattie you'll probably need ID to prove your not a Shudds fan.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

I respect Wakefield and they have been so unlucky to be winless at this stage.

Firstly they outplayed the Hull team currently known as 'Football Club' at the home of Hull City. And I'm pretty sure they are less than impressed that the head of referees has confirmed that the winning penalty at Leeds should not have been awarded.

A win is getting closer and closer. As a Rovers fan I hope it will stretch a week longer.

43 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Firstly they outplayed the Hull team currently known as 'Football Club' at the home of Hull City.

Again, please explain.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Again, please explain.

I believe he is saying Wakefield lost to Hull Football Club, in a game played at the home of Hull City, a ground at which said HFC is a tenant.

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Again, please explain.

That's easy.

Hull City AFC also own the SMC which has full control of the KC.

That's why you are having to play away from home for ages now while Hull City get the pitch re-seeded.

Hope this helps.

Archived