Sun 24 May: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/21 at 14:30

21 hours ago, dboy said:

Actually, I note your emboldening of a the message you are responding to...

Are you suggesting that the Kcom is NOT the home of Hull soccer club???

It absolutely IS theirs, and HFC are an inconvenient blip on their operation.

Kcom belongs to the soccer club and HFC are a minor tenant with ZERO say in the operation of the venue.

Just like Hudds and Wigan, HFC are impotent cuckoos.

Except Huddersfield Giants OWN 20% of the stadium, we don't rent it,we OWN part of it.

HTH?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, meast said:

Good win for Wakey, at least it means they can't break their duck against us next week, 🙂  cheers Rervers!

And less pressure for Wakefield now the duck has been broken.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Must admit I found that hilarious, dont think the KR fans were amused though 🤣🤣🤣

Oddly enough the two KR fans with the most posts on this thread seem to have disappeared, else we might have been able to ask them.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Rovers likely deserved to lose this match anyway, on first half mindset alone. That said the officiating was poor (even if with an accidentally one-sided impact), which for once has been backed up by the RFL disciplinary decisions today, and it would have been nice for the team to have had the change to turn it around in the 2nd half that those refereeing mistakes denied...

- Sims sending off wasn’t a foul, referee error

- Confirmed Hadley taking ball off Westerman in his surrender tackle was legal, surrender’s aren’t completed tackles unilaterally, but seems Moore didn’t know the rules whereas the player did 

Ah well, eh...! 🙄

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

52 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Rovers likely deserved to lose this match anyway, on first half mindset alone. That said the officiating was poor (even if with an accidentally one-sided impact), which for once has been backed up by the RFL disciplinary decisions today, and it would have been nice for the team to have had the change to turn it around in the 2nd half that those refereeing mistakes denied...

- Confirmed Hadley taking ball off Westerman in his surrender tackle was legal, surrender’s aren’t completed tackles unilaterally, but seems Moore didn’t know the rules whereas the player did 

Ah well, eh...! 🙄

Rovers were never in this game and wouldn't have won if they played until midnight.

Just now, dboy said:

Rovers were never in this game and wouldn't have won if they played until midnight.

Not the point is it. Fans always complain about ref decisions and people who didn’t see the game rightly have a cynical eyebrow raise, but this was an interesting match in that the ref made game-impacting decisions and has been proven incorrect in doing so. Thought it was worth sharing in this discussion as a result 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

10 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Ah well, eh...! 🙄

It could have been worse. Imagine being penalised for a ball steal in golden point time which actually decides the result and then later getting an apology that the tackle was incomplete and the ball steal should have stood. 

Such is sport.

12 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Ah well, eh...! 🙄

Sims wasn’t a foul? He nearly took his head off. He knew he was walking, just surprised it was red.

13 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Seriously?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Seriously?

Match review panel confirmed so. Reckless tackle for me and only luck rather than judgement meant Sims hit the shoulder not the head. Not a red, maybe a yellow, which with 10 mins left points to the same result.  

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Seriously?

Yup. Initial contact with the chest and slid up, referee error. They also agreed that calling a ball steal from what should have been penalised as a voluntary tackle was a laughable decision - the player knew the rules, the ref didn’t 

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yup. Initial contact with the chest and slid up, referee error. They also agreed that calling a ball steal from what should have been penalised as a voluntary tackle was a laughable decision - the player knew the rules, the ref didn’t 

He hit him on the back of the head, not the chest. I was sat right in line with it. Just watched the replay which confirms this.

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Match review panel confirmed so. Reckless tackle for me and only luck rather than judgement meant Sims hit the shoulder not the head. Not a red, maybe a yellow, which with 10 mins left points to the same result.  

As I said originally, it was a foul though, yellow, probably. Was surprised at red. Was sat in stand in line with it reckless swing of the arm which was no where near making a tackle. Was pretty silly given the full back was caught on his own and was about to be tackled or shoved back further 

37 minutes ago, Eleftherios said:

He hit him on the back of the head, not the chest. I was sat right in line with it. Just watched the replay which confirms this.

I watched it on trinity tv which has the camera on the south stand boxes. This gave a much closer angle behind the sticks. It looked a bad reckless challenge by Simms. 

Jowit luckily turns his back because if he hadn’t with the pace and the stiff arm that was coming he’d have been knocked out. Simms really needs to work on his tackle technique as it was close to being a bad one.

i slowed the camera down and it appears to me he stiff armed the back of Jowitts neck/head area.

Don’t know who said chest but whoever said that clearly didn’t watch the game or the video of it. 

Personally, I think it should have been a yellow because luckily Jowitt turned his back as Simms was flying in. 

it could have been so much worse. 

as for the ball steal. It’s a grey area one really. I believe the ref shouted surrender around the time the ball was stripped. This may be why Westerman relaxed his grip on the ball and why play on wasn’t allowed. This is a massive grey area and this rule is becoming absolutely barmy now.

Not least because you have players wrapping and fighting over the ball every other set. The ref is shouting held and you have defenders still tugging to get that extra few seconds to allow their defence to set. It could easily be six again but it seems allowances are made. It just needs binning off. You can’t blame the players trying it on but it’s making it so untidy.

Archived