Sun 24 May: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/21 at 14:30

Weird feeling getting ready to go to a live game after such a break.  Like going to a cup semi or for a vasectomy. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Indeed, apologies.

I became drawn into an argument with two posters I shouldn't even give the time of day to, given their constant sniping and trolling.

It speaks volumes that they've spent more time and effort doing that than discussing their team's prospects.

Hope everybody there enjoys being back in the ground and that the game is a good one.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Close one, but home advantage to inspire Wakey to overcome an underachieving KR 👍🏼

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

A few early errors from both teams including Abdul kicking out on the full that leads to Liam Kay opening the scoring.

Lino converts from touch.

Wakey 6 Rervers 0.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Westerman surrenders after a Wakey player obstructs. Hadley pinches the ball while Westerman is kneeling and runs 60m in spite of conceding a penalty.

Wakey 8 Rervers 0.

The unfortunate Dean Hadley is helped off after coming into contact with an unintended Wakey boot.

Manages also to concede a penalty at the same time.

Wakey 10 Rervers 0.

Wakey playing out of their skin at the moment, Liam Kay on the end of a terrific long distance try.

Lino converts.

Wakey 16 Rervers 0.

36 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Lino converts from touch.

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Lino converts.

Wow, that's taking "assistance from the officials" to another level.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Wow, that's taking "assistance from the officials" to another level.

At least he's not ginger.

Rervers keeping the ball alive on the last and it ends up with them offloading to Verona who runs 50m to score unopposed.

Lino obliges.

Wakey 22 Rervers 0.

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Rervers keeping the ball alive on the last and it ends up with them offloading to Verona who runs 50m to score unopposed.

Lino obliges.

Wakey 22 Rervers 0.

That's some effort. That's where Friday's Giro d'Italia stage finished.

1 hour ago, Roy Boy said:

Close one, but home advantage to inspire Wakey to overcome an underachieving KR 👍🏼

What do I know - HKR take underachieving to a new level 😂

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

That's some effort. That's where Friday's Giro d'Italia stage finished.

Stoopid predictive text!

Still won't spoil my mood though.

Although that try from Quinlan has tempered it a bit.

Wakey 22 Rervers 6.

Rervers starting to make a game of it at last.

Ben Crooks in at the corner, Abdull converts off touch.

Wakey 22 Rervers 12.

13 mins approx left.

Sims sent off for a pretty bad high shot.

Rervers down to 12 now.

Jacob Miller finishes Rervers off.

Wakey 28 Rervers 12.

Game over, Wakey 28 Rervers 12.

Is that Wakey's first win?

56 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Lino obliges.

Wakey 22 Rervers 0.

I spot the connection, Verona has a Arena/Stadium that was built in 30AD. The views and facilities are far better than at Belle Vue also.

I thought the Wakefield players might not recover from the rolling about laughing after Arona's try.  I hope the try and aftermath get shown on Sky tonight.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived