Sat 22 May: SL: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/21 at 17:30

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

If James Maloney and Scott Drinkwater’s older brother play well then Catalans win.

If they don’t play well then Saints win.

Simple really.

They haven’t shown anything since they came together last year,Tomkins is Catalans best playmaker,shut him down and you shut the Cats down.

First two posts in this thread (now removed) were making derogatory comments aimed at another forum member.

Don't do it. It's against our T&Cs and everyone posting in here has been on here long enough to know that.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/guidelines/

If it continues, suspensions will be dished out.

Thank you for your co-operation.

4 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Tough test, as we don’t tend to do that well in Perpignan. 

But you do have the French halfback Theo Fages playing for St Helens. He knows local conditions and he also will have the admiration of many locals in the crowd for his courageous decision as a teenager to travel alone to England to try to establish a professional rugby league career. The fact that Theo Fages has been able to nail down the half back slot in the top Super League team — despite the hostility of a small minority of St Helens fans who suffer from anti-French prejudice — is truly impressive. Therefore I believe that St Helens will have the sympathy of many French fans for their decision to embrace a son of France. And that fact will make Perpignan less unfriendly to the visiting team than it normally is.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

But you do have the French halfback Theo Fages playing for St Helens. He knows local conditions and he also will have the admiration of many locals in the crowd for his courageous decision as a teenager to travel alone to England to try to establish a professional rugby league career. The fact that Theo Fages has been able to nail down the half back slot in the top Super League team — despite the hostility of a small minority of St Helens fans who suffer from anti-French prejudice — is truly impressive. Therefore I believe that St Helens will have the sympathy of many French fans for their decision to embrace a son of France. And that fact will make Perpignan less unfriendly to the visiting team than it normally is.

My word, this is a hot take. 

15 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Saints to grind them down then win in the second half.

Catalans diciplinary worse than last year so a good bet for a sending off or a few yellows at the least

Good shout. Expect the usual depressingly petulant cries of bias and corruption from some if that does happen rather than the acceptance that good discipline is massively important. 

Most Saints games this year have followed a similar pattern. A tight, low scoring first half with the game opening up more in the 2nd once they've ground teams down. Its not pretty to watch but its effective.

Saints only seem to open up their attack in short bursts, very much playing the percentages and most of what they do comes off the back of really strong defence.

I'd say we're probably looking at something like a 6-6 HT scoreline with something like an 18-10 win to Saints in the end.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Most Saints games this year have followed a similar pattern. A tight, low scoring first half with the game opening up more in the 2nd once they've ground teams down. Its not pretty to watch but its effective.

Saints only seem to open up their attack in short bursts, very much playing the percentages and most of what they do comes off the back of really strong defence.

I'd say we're probably looking at something like a 6-6 HT scoreline with something like an 18-10 win to Saints in the end.

My worry with playing like that is if we are two scores behind with 10 to go I don’t have any confidence that we can just switch the attack on at that point. In big knockout games the lack of fluency in attack could cost us. I know he’s trying to get us battle hardened for the tough games at the end of the season I’d just like to see a few games where he takes the shackles off even if it’s just to give the players some belief that they can score 12-18 points quickly. 

Pretty sure this is 17:00 UK time / 18:00 local time, might be worth clarifying in the subject title.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Looking forward to this. I think it's a very interesting match-up. At Hull on Monday Catalans played a very similar style to Saints. They completed high, kicked to the corner then raised the tempo when Hull had punched themselves out. Could be a question of who blinks first.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Samkins and Langi are late withdrawals. Not good for Catalans.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived