Sat 22 May: SL: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/21 at 17:30

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grace hasn't had too many chances today, but he's taken that well.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Regan Grace is never one to stay down is he?".

Not unless an 8 point try is in the offing perhaps.

Looked like he was just winded when he landed on the ball.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Conversion hooked, but there's only a try's difference now with 4 minutes to go. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Whew! A tense finish there! Just the kind of situation that so often ends up with a Saints win from a heartbreakingly late try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seems to me that Catalans discipline has improved to the extent that they can set a formidable platform for the rest of their game. They have always looked to have potential, but it was often stifled by the penalty-ridden pressure they would put on themselves. Now, they look a solid team all over the park and are on a good run.

Catalans without star attacking full back Sam Tomkins, and blockbusting centre Samisoni Langi, have broken the St Helens unbeaten record.

Although Artur Mourgue did very well at full back, he is really best suited as a halfback, where he will hopefully be playing in 2022.

Catalans are looking like real contenders for a place at Old Trafford.

7 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Seems to me that Catalans discipline has improved to the extent that they can set a formidable platform for the rest of their game. They have always looked to have potential, but it was often stifled by the penalty-ridden pressure they would put on themselves. Now, they look a solid team all over the park and are on a good run.

Agree. They seem to have solved their indiscipline. They’re still a physical side but aren’t giving away daft penalties or headhunting sin bins. 

Their effort was put in the right way.

Catalans deserved winners. Still not sure what Gil Dudson is doing there, he must be a bit surprised too.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

You just know that if the Catalans had relapsed into the ill-disciplined garbage play they have served up so often in the past, St Helens would have pounced and won it by at least two clear tries.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

After that you have to say Catalans are serious contenders, particularly as they were without Tomkins and had to play two yoofs at the last minute. 

whats wrong with englands first choice fb now?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 20/05/2021 at 09:02, Davo5 said:

They haven’t shown anything since they came together last year,Tomkins is Catalans best playmaker,shut him down and you shut the Cats down.

How is that observation looking now after tonight's big Catalans win without Sam Tomkins?

42 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Catalans were better than this against Hull FC last time out....

Control and discipline was definitely better than it was today but Saints error rate was so high they couldn't apply any pressure. Catalans deserved the win though and I enjoyed the game, especially as it turned out to be a bit of a tense finish. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Control and discipline was definitely better than it was today but Saints error rate was so high they couldn't apply any pressure. Catalans deserved the win though and I enjoyed the game, especially as it turned out to be a bit of a tense finish. 

Catalan played well mostly and just about held on with their game management at the death. Saints were not at all focussed and to be fair it might well have been a difficult operation and journey for them, but Catalan were disrupted too.

All and all then a good day for Warrington...😀

Archived