Sat 22 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 15:00

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/21 at 14:30

Possibly the most awkward game of the season.   I’m expecting a backlash from both sets of players, but I’ll be intrigued to see how the off-contract Warrington players try to impress Powell.   I get the feeling a few experienced heads already know they’re due for a change.   Worth keeping an eye on King as he’s asking for a significant pay increase and I’d hope he’d be out to prove to Powell he’s worth it.

Warrington by 1-2. Possibly in golden point time.

All depends if price by choice or luck picks the right players in the right positions. Ratchford at fullback, king back in the centres Austin and widdop halves. Then we have a chance, mix them up again no chance. Be interesting to see how he handles cas left side attack they had loads of options in the season opener, surely charnley can't be that poor twice. 

I’d put Ratchford back in the halves as he’s more creative than Austin. Thewlis at full back as he’s an outstanding natural talent there with Austin off the bench when the opposition begins to tire.

29 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Cas by 10, Warrington announce that Steve Price will be leaving early 'by mutual consent'.

Surely then Powell would have to leave Cas early despite the win?   Unless Henderson is given the chance to show what he can do and market himself for a position at another club.   Would be ironic if he got us playing consistently well.   Maybe Price isn't the whole problem though - maybe the entire thing just needs a a bit of a shake-up from top to bottom, followed by fresh starts and clean slates...   We do after all have a lot of off-contract players so it's an opportunity to instil a change of mindset in the same way that Tony Smith did when he came in (admittedly he had an outstanding playing roster to choose from back then). 

Currently Warrington 20:10 Castleford after an hour, according to Flashscore.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

38-14.

Widdop - who's been good so far this season - looked every bit the marquee player today and was at the heart of everything.

Austin put up a couple of bombs but was marked well and didn't really create anything on the right.   In fact the only score on that side was when Widdop scythed across from one side of the field to the other and played with the Cas defence.

Shame, as we're the leading scorers and could probably be even better with some options on the right.

Surprised by the scoreline, there was a pretty firm consensus on here pre-game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

39 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

inglis not playing?

Maybe not again this season, unless we have an injury crisis.   Inglis needs game time to get match fit, but the problem is that there may not be enough time left to shoehorn him in while King and Mamo are doing okay.   Do you weaken the team now and risk missing out on the playoffs?   Or take the risk now and hope he's back to his best if we make the playoffs?

He's pulled a hamstring so he's been set back a few weeks probably.   Shame, but it was always a risk.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

38-14.

Widdop - who's been good so far this season - looked every bit the marquee player today and was at the heart of everything.

Austin put up a couple of bombs but was marked well and didn't really create anything on the right.   In fact the only score on that side was when Widdop scythed across from one side of the field to the other and played with the Cas defence.

Shame, as we're the leading scorers and could probably be even better with some options on the right.

You mean when Austin (who did it create anything) scythed through. 

Archived