Sat 22 May: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors KO 13:00

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/21 at 12:30

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

It was above 90% prior to the Hull game. Our completions were fantastic and then it flipped in that cup game and we’ve been poor since. 

We weren’t doing anything with the possession mind but the errors were really low. 

Edit-had a quick check and in the two league games before the cup game we made 6 errors. We made 14 on Saturday and I shudder to think how many in the cup game but it had to be above 15, maybe even 20. 

Add the silly penalties to those errors and you have a situation that most teams, regardless of their skill levels and application, would struggle to overcome.

If Wigan can cut out all the nonsense that leads to us giving the ball to the other team we could have a real chance this year.

However, we are now coming into a much more challenging period so we will see how good we really are in the next 6 weeks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Add the silly penalties to those errors and you have a situation that most teams, regardless of their skill levels and application, would struggle to overcome.

If Wigan can cut out all the nonsense that leads to us giving the ball to the other team we could have a real chance this year.

However, we are now coming into a much more challenging period so we will see how good we really are in the next 6 weeks.

We certainly are. These next two games will be very telling about exactly where we are. Two sides with big packs, who are flying these past few weeks. Hopefully we’ll see a performance similar to last season at Catalans. That was a real catalyst for us going on a run. 

In terms of errors, I do worry how squeaky clean we have to be in games due to a lack of power in the middle. If we complete really high and make it a fitness battle, we’re a shot in any game but as soon as that drops off, even slightly, we’re in trouble against the best sides and in the big games. 

6 minutes ago, WN83 said:

We certainly are. These next two games will be very telling about exactly where we are. Two sides with big packs, who are flying these past few weeks. Hopefully we’ll see a performance similar to last season at Catalans. That was a real catalyst for us going on a run. 

In terms of errors, I do worry how squeaky clean we have to be in games due to a lack of power in the middle. If we complete really high and make it a fitness battle, we’re a shot in any game but as soon as that drops off, even slightly, we’re in trouble against the best sides and in the big games. 

Catalans are a strange team to measure yourself against in my opinion.

They are very rarely involved in arm wrestle type matches due to, it seems, the inconsistency of their application. One week they turn up and blow the opposition away, and the next week they just don't turn up at all.

I can see it being a blow out either way, but I can't see it going down to a drop goal in the last seconds.

14 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Catalans are a strange team to measure yourself against in my opinion.

They are very rarely involved in arm wrestle type matches due to, it seems, the inconsistency of their application. One week they turn up and blow the opposition away, and the next week they just don't turn up at all.

I can see it being a blow out either way, but I can't see it going down to a drop goal in the last seconds.

Hopefully they’ve spent their energy putting Saints away. The availability of Sam Tomkins could be a big factor but in saying that Morgue was superb at the weekend. It’s really pleasing to see a couple of French lads breaking through this season. 

Archived