Folau joins Southport Tigers

How will I sleep tonight knowing he's leaving our sport ? ? ? ? 

🤔 🤔

Oh yes, soundly ! ! ! ! 😂

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Davo5 said:

But but but he said he wanted to stay in Australia to be with his family.

11 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

If it hasn't already eventually it will end up with everyone outside Folau's immediate family and church thinking he's a mercenary with few morals. Its starting to feel like a sporting version of that Louis Theroux documentary "The Most Hated Family in America". Maybe Louis should do a show about Folau so he can tell everyone how he's been so misunderstood. 

That he a mercenary there is no doubt. I'm not sure how that fits into his christian beliefs, or is money more important to him than his christian beliefs?

(Quickly gets out bible to check folaus list of people going to hell)

ah yes... "envyings" is in his translations and in the original post on instagram (others include Selfish Ambition, which surely includes him).. you've got to argue that the way he acts is envying what others are doing and looking to get to it at whatever cost.. either way hes ticking some boxes on his own list IMHO

3 hours ago, RP London said:

(Quickly gets out bible to check folaus list of people going to hell)

ah yes... "envyings" is in his translations and in the original post on instagram (others include Selfish Ambition, which surely includes him).. you've got to argue that the way he acts is envying what others are doing and looking to get to it at whatever cost.. either way hes ticking some boxes on his own list IMHO

I don’t recall him ever saying that he is not a sinner?

4 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I don’t recall him ever saying that he is not a sinner?

indeed and i never said he did.. but perhaps as a "Christian" he may want to take heed of John 8:7 .. he that is without sin etc

The high regard we're held in, in one headline

Israel Folau to play for first game of rugby league in a decade

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just now, Oxford said:

I must admit when I saw the OP I thought at least the Ainsdale Sands will keep him fit!

42 minutes ago, Oxford said:

It does say his first Rugby League  game in Australia in a decade

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/folau-to-make-his-southport-tigers-debut-this-weekend-20210707-p587md.html#comments

23 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It would've done if that was the one I'd quoted

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

That article as well says the Israel Folau will play his game of Rugby League game in Australia for over a decade

But the headline is what I quoted, it's there on the tin.

11 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

No doubt those recent posters snidely remarking about IF’s commitment to Southport Tigers will ignore news of his upcoming first game for them this weekend.

The same man who said he didn't want to return to France as he wanted to with his family in Australia, and now it's reveled he's going to Japan. I presume he's family are going to live in Japan with him are they?

17 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

No doubt those recent posters snidely remarking about IF’s commitment to Southport Tigers will ignore news of his upcoming first game for them this weekend.

He’s only playing because the domestic league season in Japan has finished.

you can’t expect the slave to mammon to go without earning  any money until the new top league season starts.

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

He’s only playing because the domestic league season in Japan has finished.

you can’t expect the slave to mammon to go without earning  any money until the new top league season starts.

Hey, very simply, when he signed with Japanese Rugby, posters on this forum denigrated him for showing no allegiance to Southport Tigers. 

As it turns out, that criticism was premature and undeserving, as he prepares to play his first game for them this weekend.

This is all that I am raising attention to and whether or not Japanese Rugby is in or out of season is neither here nor there to my point.

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

The same man who said he didn't want to return to France as he wanted to with his family in Australia, and now it's reveled he's going to Japan. I presume he's family are going to live in Japan with him are they?

Yes, maybe, no... I don’t know, so I won’t contribute to many a person’s favourite pastime to, which is to speculate.

13 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Hey, very simply, when he signed with Japanese Rugby, posters on this forum denigrated him for showing no allegiance to Southport Tigers. 

As it turns out, that criticism was premature and undeserving, as he prepares to play his first game for them this weekend.

This is all that I am raising attention to and whether or not Japanese Rugby is in or out of season is neither here nor there to my point.

How much is Izzy getting paid  to turn out for Southport tigers?

You can bet your bottom dollar that had Japans top league been in season he wouldn’t have played a game for Southport tigers.

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

How much is Izzy getting paid  to turn out for Southport tigers?

You can bet your bottom dollar that had Japans top league being in season he wouldn’t have played a game for Southport tigers.

You are making an imaginary point. 

The facts demonstrate that he has signed a contract to play Japanese Rugby when the season finishes for his current club Southport. 

First people jump on his back for signing with Japanese Rugby while he is due to play RL. 

When that turns out to be a false accusation, he is now accused of doing something that will not happen. 

If people don’t like him, that’s fine. I don’t have a problem with that. People will have their reasons and will find their reasons to be reason enough. But holding him negatively accountable for actions that have not and will not happen is frankly unfair and unjustifiable.

3 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

The facts demonstrate that he has signed a contract to play Japanese Rugby when the season finishes for his current club Southport. 

First people jump on his back for signing with Japanese Rugby while he is due to play RL. 

When that turns out to be a false accusation, he is now accused of doing something that will not happen. 

If people don’t like him, that’s fine. I don’t have a problem with that. People will have their reasons and will find their reasons to be reason enough. But holding him negatively accountable for actions that have not and will not happen is frankly unfair and unjustifiable.

Do you know how much he’s getting paid at Southport tigers?

Yes, maybe, no... I don’t know, so I won’t contribute to many a person’s favourite pastime to, which is to speculate.

Do you agree with me he lied when he said he didn't want to return to France to play for the Catalans as he said he wanted to be with his family in Australia?

Why are you ignoring the fact that he said to wanted to stay in Australia with his family now he's going to Japan

Archived