Academy Licensing (2022 - 27) - (Merged threads)

5 hours ago, nadera78 said:

The North East RL has around 130 kids playing at U16s - which appears to be comparable to Hull. And yet some would have us believe there is sufficient playing talent to justify two academies in the latter. 

Aaaaaw, did you not get the schadenfreude buzz you were hoping for at the East Hull community’s expense? Ah well, maybe next time eh.

Youth participation in Hull is up 40% in 2 years now both clubs are investing in grassroots, you lot are (likely deliberately) getting cause and effect the wrong way around. Demand, and investment, creates supply.

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

The current top try scorer in the Championship, Gale at Fev, was signed by them in his mid 20s. Did he just appear from nowhere?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind!

5 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Aaaaaw, did you not get the schadenfreude buzz you were hoping for at the East Hull community’s expense? Ah well, maybe next time eh.

Youth participation in Hull is up 40% in 2 years now both clubs are investing in grassroots, you lot are (likely deliberately) getting cause and effect the wrong way around. Demand, and investment, creates supply.

Your inability to engage on this thread without taking cheap shots at me - and as far as I know we've never interacted before, or if we have it was not memorable - is really quite sad.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

5 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Your inability to engage on this thread without taking cheap shots at me - and as far as I know we've never interacted before, or if we have it was not memorable - is really quite sad.

Only taking shots at your approach to the issue sir, and the wider attitude it both springs from and illustrates further, nowt more. You and many others were prepared to ignore the inconsistency between the non-geo/volume limitations to the awarding of certain licences, and the geo/volume restriction unilaterally added to Hull and South/West Yorkshire at the last minute, because those areas represented an expendable & dare I say it enjoyable “other”. Not good enough.

Believe me as a bloke who spent 15+ years defending London & the south’s value-add to League, and at various points actively working for the Broncos, nothing sticks in my throat more than seeing people who’ve suffered that sort of regional bias - and so should know better - throw it back evidence-free when it’s tactically useful (or emotionally satisfying) to do so

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Only taking shots at your approach to the issue sir, and the wider attitude it both springs from and illustrates further, nowt more. You and many others were prepared to ignore the inconsistency between the non-geo/volume limitations to the awarding of certain licences, and the geo/volume restriction unilaterally added to Hull and South/West Yorkshire at the last minute, because those areas represented an expendable & dare I say it enjoyable “other”. Not good enough.

Believe me as a bloke who spent 15+ years defending London & the south’s value-add to League, and at various points actively working for the Broncos, nothing sticks in my throat more than seeing people who’ve suffered that sort of regional bias - and so should know better - throw it back evidence-free when it’s tactically useful (or emotionally satisfying) to do so

There you go again, unable to respond to points people have made in this thread without throwing in person comments. Have fun with that. Hope it works out for you. Onto the ignore list you go.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Sympathy for Salford because there is no doubt that preventing them from having an elite academy is anti-competitive. As many have said it should be a requirement for all SL clubs not some sort of privilege.

The club must be regretting the decision of Koukash to scrap the academy as an economy measure and plough everything into the first team. It did provide a short term benefit but has come back to haunt them now.

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

I haven't read it yet, but Salford's Chairman will be furious if he finds out that Salford didn't have an academy in the first place.

He's gonna really hit the roof when he finds out that a member club cannot actually take legal action against the RFL!

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Sympathy for Salford because there is no doubt that preventing them from having an elite academy is anti-competitive. As many have said it should be a requirement for all SL clubs not some sort of privilege.

The club must be regretting the decision of Koukash to scrap the academy as an economy measure and plough everything into the first team. It did provide a short term benefit but has come back to haunt them now.

Short term gain. Long term pain.

When will they ever learn

Result from tonight;

Hull KR U16's 24-18 Hull FC U16's.

In front of a 4 figure crowd the young Robins put in a dominant second half display to win the U16's derby. Loads of talent on display from both teams.

A week ago the RFL wanted these Rovers kids on the scrapheap tonight they gave their answer in the best possible fashion.

13 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Result from tonight;

Hull KR U16's 24-18 Hull FC U16's.

In front of a 4 figure crowd the young Robins put in a dominant second half display to win the U16's derby. Loads of talent on display from both teams.

A week ago the RFL wanted these Rovers kids on the scrapheap tonight they gave their answer in the best possible fashion.

"The best possible fashion" will to become good enough to play professionally, not the result of one match.

12 hours ago, JM2010 said:

I would like to see Coventry and West Wales follow in Newcastle's footsteps and start to run an academy on the back of increasing the amount of junior clubs in their region. 

You , me , and the whole of RL 

29 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You , me , and the whole of RL 

I've got no details, but just heard of some tie-up between Wales RL and Salford over an academy.

11 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

"The best possible fashion" will to become good enough to play professionally, not the result of one match.

Ah I see so let's throw them on the scrapheap right now then. That's what the RFL wanted.

The Rovers kids could only outplay their Hull FC counterparts and they did just that.

Hull FC were pretty much rubber stamped an elite licence and yet at U16 level at least Rovers are well ahead.

Honestly there were several players in red & white who really looked the part and two in particular who I will be absolutely amazed if they do not make the grade.

Rovers have only had an elite licence for 2 years and we are told it is a 6 year process to produce players. The signs are very good on the basis of what we saw in the U16 derby.

12 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Ah I see so let's throw them on the scrapheap right now then. That's what the RFL wanted.

The Rovers kids could only outplay their Hull FC counterparts and they did just that.

Hull FC were pretty much rubber stamped an elite licence and yet at U16 level at least Rovers are well ahead.

Honestly there were several players in red & white who really looked the part and two in particular who I will be absolutely amazed if they do not make the grade.

Rovers have only had an elite licence for 2 years and we are told it is a 6 year process to produce players. The signs are very good on the basis of what we saw in the U16 derby.

And why have Hull KR only had an elite licence for 2 years? 

U19s trials took place at St Esteve last Saturday with 3 former Dragons players in attendance. Justin Murphy coach of Dragons reserve team who play in Elite 1, Mathieu Pala trainer/fitness of the reserves and manager Julian Touxagas. The 40 or so will be part of the new Academy set-up later in the year.

201826311_4320063478011893_236467580333633845_n.jpg.dcef68e8987d52c6a27bdf8cea016747.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Archived