Reece Walsh

Scary talent and even more scary that he’s about 10th choice(for now) for the kangaroos fullback.

Interesting to note the ridiculous amount of hugely talented fullbacks currently operating in the NRL today and makes you wonder if the fullback role is the most important and influential pivotal position in modern day rugby league?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Broncos have let both Walsh and Sam Walker go. It's unfathomable! 

Two shocking decisions, seeing how they've performed at their new clubs.

I can understand Fifita going, as the money on offer was huge, but he's still another eye-catching young talent that Brisbane have said farewell to.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Scary talent and even more scary that he’s about 10th choice(for now) for the kangaroos fullback.

Qualifies for the Kiwis. Don`t know if he`s burnt any bridges yet.

When the Warriors get back to playing in Auckland, and if he and his partner (with baby daughter Leila Arohamauroa) become ensconced in the bosom of NZ League, he could be prevailed upon.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Is Manfred on holiday ??

Meanwhile our 'talent' at full back consists of two 30+ and a near 30 year old two of which failed to make a impression in the NRL. The talent they produce through their systems compared to ours shows the difference in the money invested respectively, and makes any delusions that the game here will ever match theirs for entertainment or results on the field even harder to fathom.

27 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Qualifies for the Kiwis. Don`t know if he`s burnt any bridges yet.

When the Warriors get back to playing in Auckland, and if he and his partner (with baby daughter Leila Arohamauroa) become ensconced in the bosom of NZ League, he could be prevailed upon.

He’s already said he doesn’t feel like a kiwi.

16 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Meanwhile our 'talent' at full back consists of two 30+ and a near 30 year old two of which failed to make a impression in the NRL. The talent they produce through their systems compared to ours shows the difference in the money invested respectively, and makes any delusions that the game here will ever match theirs for entertainment or results on the field even harder to fathom.

Reece Walsh would walk into the England team right now at 18.

20 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

He’s only played five NRL games so I think that’s a bit rash, but yes he looks a great prospect. 

6 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Due to the lack of depth in the England pivots he’d get in for sure.

I just hope the warriors can keep hold of him.

Squad maybe, doubt team. He's had some poor games too.............his debut was a bit of a nightmare

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

How do you feel like a kiwi?

A bit like when the missus forgets to shave her legs while she moans about you leaving the toilet seat up...   Feels a bit hairy and quite sour.

image.png.f3057280974a64c0c7e20e82c2f09bd9.png

18 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

A bit like when the missus forgets to shave her legs while she moans about you leaving the toilet seat up...   Feels a bit hairy and quite sour.

image.png.f3057280974a64c0c7e20e82c2f09bd9.png

The angles your taking in some posts have a worrying trend. 

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Right... So apart from 4 or 5 NRL games this season, he was playing for Norths Devils last year. 

If you think that prepares him enough to play for England (I don't) then I guess you are totally contradicting what you said on the other thread, and acknowledging that QLD cup is far superior to the English 'championship'. There are obviously no players in the English championship who will be selected for England, and rightly so!

2 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Broncos have let both Walsh and Sam Walker go. It's unfathomable! 

It's only unfathomable if you are unaware that Kevin Walters is the coach of Brisbane. This is the coach who had a 37% win rate at Catalans in 2009-2010. His replacement Trent Robinson had a 59% win rate.

Eventually the management of Brisbane Broncos will become aware of these facts, and start to reconsider the value of a Wayne Bennett personal recommendation. But by that time it will be too late to avoid a club record of bottom four place three years in a row.

Meanwhile "the ones that got away" -- David Fifita, Sam Walker and Reece Walsh -- will have established themselves as three of the top five rugby league players in the world.

I've only seen his highlights, so not sure what he's like in defence, be it tackling or positionally, but going forward he looks pretty impressive.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

It's only unfathomable if you are unaware that Kevin Walters is the coach of Brisbane. This is the coach who had a 37% win rate at Catalans in 2009-2010. His replacement Trent Robinson had a 59% win rate.

I'm no fan of Walters as a coach but how much influence did he have in the decisions to let Reece, Walker and Fifita go?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

The angles your taking in some posts have a worrying trend. 

It's 2021.   I'm finally able to express my true self.

Just like my computerised robot assistant, who after years of living a false life is finally able to identify as non-binary.   Ba-dum-tish....

He was very impressive . I was thinking how bizarre it was that your best player who is also one of the best fullbacks  on the planet was standing on the wing , but Walsh really showed his worth . Very similar to Walker in that they could be anything as they’ve got anazing natural talent and play in such a heads up and refreshing style . I’m not sure what happened at Brisbane . Is it fair to say they let him go ? He was heavily courted by the Warriors , who also sold him on being the long term 1 . I guess Brisbane could have threw money his way , but that could  be a risk for an untried kid at that stage . I think they’ve got their targets so we’ll see how that ends up . Either way it’s great watching these kids step up and play with such freedom , panache and elan ( theyre French words to make me sound extra clever )

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I was thinking how bizarre it was that your best player who is also one of the best fullbacks  on the planet was standing on the wing , but Walsh really showed his worth

With RTS looking at a RU retirement, time to blood his replacement at FB. A gutsy selection, but looking good so far. Walsh was involved in almost all the Warriors' tries.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived