Josh Addo-Carr, Latrell Mitchell, Tom Trbojevic, Ryan Papenhuyzen,

Cameron Munster

Nathan Cleary.

Jason Taumololo

David Fifita, Angus Chrichton

Josh Papali’i, Harry Grant, Addin Fonua -Blake

Can't massively argue with that, but..

Pap isnt a winger

Papali'i to be replaced by Welch or Fisher-Harris and Yeo at 13.

Sad from a British perspective.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

5 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Harry Grant is a talent but 3 hookers over here are better at present, Roby, Clark and Mcshane. 

That's a matter of perspective from which angle you are looking at it from, in my opinion without doubt Grant is playing in a much higher standard of RL with much better player's all around, would our guy's perform as well over there? On the same respect without those better player's around him and the systems played in the NRL would Grant perform with the same success?

8 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

James Tedesco

Josh Addo-Carr, Latrell Mitchell, Tom Trbojevic, Ryan Papenhuyzen,

Cameron Munster

Nathan Cleary.

Jason Taumololo

David Fifita, Angus Chrichton

Josh Papali’i, Harry Grant, Addin Fonua -Blake

An interesting team.  A few points from my perspective.

Firstly, both Papali'i and Taumalolo have been well below their recent best in 2021 and if we are picking the world's best team today then we shouldn't be picking it based on performances in previous years.

While I can see the rationale of trying to squeeze as many quality full backs into the 13 as possible, Papenhuyzen on the wing is a stretch and Mitchell has been proven to be a lazy and inconsistent centre (although an absolute star when he is 'on').

I would say the only players nailed on for that team are Tedesco, Clearly, Addo-Carr and Fifita.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Can't massively argue with that, but..

Pap isnt a winger

Papali'i to be replaced by Welch or Fisher-Harris and Yeo at 13.

Sad from a British perspective.

You know SL could have the best player in the world but the NRL lovers on here would never agree... and come out with drivel like-  Hodgson is better than Roby, Sutton is better than Walmsley because they play in the NRL etc etc

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

<clap, clap> Albert Kelly <clap, clap> 😉

Well for the past 5 years he has apparently been an average Aussie in SL for easy money.... now back in the NRL he is suddenly world class - the magic that happens when you walk onto an NRL pitch...🤔🤔

Just now, Mr Frisky said:

Well for the past 5 years he has apparently been an average Aussie in SL for easy money.... now back in the NRL he is suddenly world class - the magic that happens when you walk onto an NRL pitch...🤔🤔

Anyone who’s seen Albert Kelly live knows he is a highly talented player. Pleased to see him steer the Broncos to a good win against the Roosters.

35 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

You know SL could have the best player in the world but the NRL lovers on here would never agree... and come out with drivel like-  Hodgson is better than Roby, Sutton is better than Walmsley because they play in the NRL etc etc

It must be terrible for you to have to run Into people like that.

Good post this and the NRL is were the best players generally play, but I wish some posters would stop just pushing NRL is the only place good players play and then showing utter contempt if posters give opinions of SL players who are as good as NRL based players. This is a forum based in this country and we do enjoy and admire the NRL but we don't worship it. 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Anyone who’s seen Albert Kelly live knows he is a highly talented player. Pleased to see him steer the Broncos to a good win against the Roosters.

Correct, but when he was in SL he was always blasted as a 2nd rate Aussie in SL because he wasn't good enough - I though he was great to watch and a very good player and others now seem agree as he's in the NRL.

19 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Can you please cite a post where someone/anyone claims that Sutton is better than Walmsley?

On 22/05/2021 at 12:43, Mr Frisky said:

You know SL could have the best player in the world 

Possible for a very brief period, but highly, HIGHLY unlikely though.

"The best player in the world" would immediately leave Super League for the NRL (or union) as the rewards for such an exceptional talent would be multiples of what he would get playing in SuperLeague.

The SuperLeague clubs would be very unlikely to develop the best player in the world as any youngster who was that far ahead physically would be stolen at a very young age by an NRL team (or more likely a union academy) and there is zero chance the best player in the world is going to come in to Super League from the NRL as no Super League club could afford the established No1 player.

So in reality... They couldn't really have the best player in the world. 

9 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Possible for a very brief period, but highly, HIGHLY unlikely though.

"The best player in the world" would immediately leave Super League for the NRL (or union) as the rewards for such an exceptional talent would be multiples of what he would get playing in SuperLeague.

The SuperLeague clubs would be very unlikely to develop the best player in the world as any youngster who was that far ahead physically would be stolen at a very young age by an NRL team (or more likely a union academy) and there is zero chance the best player in the world is going to come in to Super League from the NRL as no Super League club could afford the established No1 player.

So in reality... They couldn't really have the best player in the world. 

There has been plenty of examples of top quality players over here who played all if not most of their career here. 

Hanley, Roby,, Peacock, Cunningham. Some players are happy to play in this country and our sport. 

On 22/05/2021 at 20:43, Mr Frisky said:

It's not because they play in the NRL. It's because of who they play against. If you're picking a WC squad you can see how the players go against all the big names they will have to play in the WC because they play some of them every week.

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

It's not because they play in the NRL. It's because of who they play against. If you're picking a WC squad you can see how the players go against all the big names they will have to play in the WC because they play some of them every week.

I see - that's why Sutton and Hodgson were classed as run of the mill squad players in SL but were then World class once they played an NRL game.

On 22/05/2021 at 12:19, ELBOWSEYE said:

Good post this and the NRL is were the best players generally play, but I wish some posters would stop just pushing NRL is the only place good players play and then showing utter contempt if posters give opinions of SL players who are as good as NRL based players. This is a forum based in this country and we do enjoy and admire the NRL but we don't worship it. 

It is very tedious isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I see - that's why Sutton and Hodgson were classed as run of the mill squad players in SL but were then World class once they played an NRL game.

I dunno about over there. Most of us didn't know who they were but when they came here they performed against some of the top players in our league. I've never said Sutton was a megastar. I would definitely have him in the England squad for his beef and workrate. At his peak, Hodgson was World Class.

Archived