return of Spectators

Blind side johnny

The club has issued detailed guidelines:

RETURN OF SPECTATORS – Dewsbury Rams

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Unfortunately the club assumes every spectator has a mobile phone (and a “smart” one at that), plus access to a computer and printer. It would seem those who haven’t cannot go to the match. 

The club is unkind in saying that public transport should be avoided; the Government statement indicating that has now changed. 
All bus operators, following Government advice,  have now increased seating to almost full capacity, the exceptions being that you are still not allowed to sit on seats which face the rear and standing is still not permitted. It should be noted here that social distancing on public transport now seems to be waived, but windows must be open to allow maximum ventilation. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Has the maximum number been decided yet?

630 ish.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

48 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Unfortunately the club assumes every spectator has a mobile phone (and a “smart” one at that), plus access to a computer and printer. It would seem those who haven’t cannot go to the match. 

The club is unkind in saying that public transport should be avoided; the Government statement indicating that has now changed. 
All bus operators, following Government advice,  have now increased seating to almost full capacity, the exceptions being that you are still not allowed to sit on seats which face the rear and standing is still not permitted. It should be noted here that social distancing on public transport now seems to be waived, but windows must be open to allow maximum ventilation. 

True, and they also wouldn't have read the announcement nor be able to book tickets.

Could you suggest a better way of making this information public?

Nobody uses buses nowadays though, do they?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

630 ish.

Do they assume every season ticket holder will turn up and sell tickets to make up the numbers to the capacity? Presumably if 50 STHs they will be short of capacity.I don't envy whoever has to get it right.

When is your first home game with spectators now then?

You have all this information out there now, and us..................

2 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Toulouse is scheduled to be our first home game this season with spectators attending. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

June 13th, Toulouse (H)

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Looking at the southstand at headingley....... 

We could run with a full house

As rules don't seem to be in existence no more 🤔🤣🤣

Fair point no distancing, hardly any face coverings , but if you look at the north stand it was a different story , we at York admittedly all seated were well spaced out ( allocated seats ) and face coverings at all times , a very well run event 😀😀😀

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Looking at the southstand at headingley....... 

We could run with a full house

As rules don't seem to be in existence no more 🤔🤣🤣

Ah, but Kirklees MDC is more authoritarian, or careful, depending on your viewpoint. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

18 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Ah, but Kirklees MDC is more authoritarian, or careful, depending on your viewpoint. 

Kirklees have rarely done us any favours but given the recent surge in cases in the Borough one can hardly blame them on this one...That said have any of you who have been crammed in a restaurant or cafe lately might ponder why anyone is limited to just 600 in an outside setting....

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I noticed that their were 4000 spectators at Wakefield game against Hull KR,that’s near enough their average attendance. 

Yes. Wakefield Authority appear to be very generous or reckless with their allocations, depending upon your viewpoint. How 4000 can be safe crammed into Belle Vue I can't understand. This is the same capacity that Huddersfield have been granted for the John Smith's Stadium - the contrast is baffling.

It will be interesting to see what Batley's allowance is for their next game.

At Dewsbury you could easily put 100 at the car park end ,safely, if people are sensible.But kirklees no doubt think one would trip on the gravel.600 for the ground seems far too cautious.May be stewarding is a problem.  some new covid restrictions or advice seems to be on the cards ,so who noes.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes. Wakefield Authority appear to be very generous or reckless with their allocations, depending upon your viewpoint. How 4000 can be safe crammed into Belle Vue I can't understand. This is the same capacity that Huddersfield have been granted for the John Smith's Stadium - the contrast is baffling.

I don't think anyone from the Wakefield authority has been to Belle Vue since the 1930's if they had the place would be condemned. The bogs themselves look to be a cholera risk waiting to happen...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The only time I was at Belle View George Harwood was a director at Batley and he took me over there straight from the Royal Oak on Albion Street, gosh that's yonks ago.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It will be interesting to see what Batley's allowance is for their next game.

Particularly given the Government's new, secret guidance for several areas that include Kirklees

4 hours ago, HEATONRAM said:

So as season ticket holders for the North Stand I assume me & t'wife can just turn up for the Toulouse game and be guaranteed 2 seats, or do we have to reserve them somehow?

I don't think anyone one the forum can answer that - better to contact the club directly.

Archived