Foul Mouthed Chanting and Booing an Injured Player

hawk-eye

It appears that Covid has deprived the villagers of any trace of decency!

Mindless obscene chanting seems to be acceptable to certain individuals, a large majority also thought that booing an injured player receiving treatment and being helped of the field of play was fine.

Please explain why?    

hawk-eye.gif

9 minutes ago, hawk-eye said:

Mindless obscene chanting seems to be acceptable to certain individuals, a large majority also thought that booing an injured player receiving treatment and being helped of the field of play was fine.

Please explain why?    

No. You think we on this forum need to explain the actions of someone at the game? They speak for themselves, not the club or the fans as a whole. Just like I'm not judging your club or your whole fanbase for your ignorant "villagers" jibe. 

10 minutes ago, hawk-eye said:

Please explain why?    

Well it certainly wasn't anything like a majority.... it was a few. .... and I mean a few.... and I'm not going to apologise for someone else's behaviour. 

8 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

Please explain why?    

I agree that it was disgusting. I was embarrassed listening to some of the chants and booing the injured player was unacceptable.

However. It was a small group of about 10 lads. Whilst that would be a majority of the support for Sheffield, it's not for Rovers 😉

21 minutes ago, YoungBanno said:

I agree that it was disgusting. I was embarrassed listening to some of the chants and booing the injured player was unacceptable.

However. It was a small group of about 10 lads. Whilst that would be a majority of the support for Sheffield, it's not for Rovers 😉

So why have you not reported the group to Stewards or your Club if you found it disgusting, there may only be 10 of them but your Club will be judged by their action?

hawk-eye.gif

Or how about something like:
"Hi all. Great to see so many visiting supporters adding to the attendance today, and congratulations on your win!

One thing the club might want to have a look at is the language used by a small minority of the supporters, also an injured player was booed whilst receiving treatment which I'm sure you will agree is unacceptable.

Hope you can get these matters resolved and good luck for the rest of the season."

See, I think most on here would probably agree with your general points - the club has had issues with the behaviour of a small section of its fans and has taken steps to deal with those issues - but if you come on here raging at the entire fanbase and calling them "villagers", your point is going to get a bit lost as people are just going to think you're being judgey and bitter, aren't they?

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

See, I think most on here would probably agree with your general points - the club has had issues with the behaviour of a small section of its fans and has taken steps to deal with those issues - but if you come on here raging at the entire fanbase and calling them "villagers", your point is going to get a bit lost as people are just going to think you're being judgey and bitter, aren't they?

This.

11 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

Please explain why?    

That village team still took more away than the big city team even had at home and managed to give them a battering on the field as well . 

2 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

So why have you not reported the group to Stewards or your Club if you found it disgusting, there may only be 10 of them but your Club will be judged by their action?

They were reported at FEV and at that time were ejected from the ground following that they  were banned from a number of home games  hope that helps

Having said that if I were you I wouldn't  complain about a group of adolescent numpties who sing songs that sometimes cross the line  but they think are funny but complain to TUBBY about assembling a team that can't compete with the better teams  in the championship

20 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

Please explain why?    

Actually we are a TOWN not a village.

12 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Easy answer. Fine the people who do it. Seclude them. Take their names and and after a warning Fine them if it happens again. 

Colin don't think as a club we can fine individuals my understanding private companies can only fine their employees  only recourse is to ban them from home games and give their names to opposition so they can stop web sale of tickets to those on the list

It's not acceptable behaviour. BUT the law of averages would dictate that FEV do have one of the largest away followings in the championship hence we do have a higher percentage of 'high spirited' fans. Then on the other hand we also have a large number of well mannered people in the crowd. It's hard to pick up on any bad behavioural Sheffield fans because they are often stifled out. You need to balance your views and perhaps stand near me😄

1000 Fev away fans 10 idiots as a percentage is 1%.Sheffield with an away attendance of 100 would only need 1 idiot to have the same 1%.Not on though to jeer injured players the game is hard enough without that.Although over the last few years defending players have feigned injury to allow their side to recover before a drop out or repeat set.Difficult job for the Ref to police.

Archived