Sheffield

5 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

I think that someone mentioned that Chris Annakin was the first DR player. That then stated debate, I tell you what then I'll wind my neck in if debate is not what is required. 

Narh mate. 🙂

I'm happy for us all to yak on about whatever the hell we want to. Go for it. 😉

But DR started in some shape or form around 2010 and there were a few before Annakin. Perhaps 2013 was a relaunch, or an official shift in Fev policy once DP had left. 

I remember us getting Cody in for the 2010 season from Leeds under dual-reg, but Powell & the player at the time said it was a waste of time - with it not having any benefit to us. 

What changed was Powell leaving and us getting a new coach in, who wasn't as good and the base of players didn't stick around like they did under Powell. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I remember us getting Cody in for the 2010 season from Leeds under dual-reg, but Powell & the player at the time said it was a waste of time - with it not having any benefit to us. 

What changed was Powell leaving and us getting a new coach in, who wasn't as good and the base of players didn't stick around like they did under Powell. 

What??? John Bastian not as good? Pfft! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archived