Bradford back at Odsal

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Genuine question, because I’m not up to date with their ever changing finances, is this a good move for Bradford? I get the whole Bradford back in Bradford thing but financially, is this the right move?

Good point. Always said, and you can find my quote on here, that the supposed last game at Odsal was a load of twaddle. There'll be nigh on 4000 there Sunday I would assume which financially a start. Add to that 3500 for the banger racing with Stock Cars to come it's the beginning of making the stadium financially viable. Why it's took this long I don't know. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

The big question is the lease - have Bulls bought it back from the RFL, which would disentangle RFL from all the integrity/governance suspicion and would also meant the stockcars are the Bulls tenants. Or are the RFL still holding the headlease with Bulls & stockcars equal tenants - which is the poorer option, imho. 

5 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Good point. Always said, and you can find my quote on here, that the supposed last game at Odsal was a load of twaddle. There'll be nigh on 4000 there Sunday I would assume which financially a start. Add to that 3500 for the banger racing with Stock Cars to come it's the beginning of making the stadium financially viable. Why it's took this long I don't know. 

I always think of Bradford as a rugby League city. 

Hearing that "banger racing" gets almost as many fans through the gates is quite saddening tbh. 

Bulls can surely pull twice as many as that if they get themselves organised? No??

It will be interesting the situation with Dewsbury as i think the Bulls signed a 3 year rental agreement with them, and if so Dewsbury will want some compensation back as they properly factored the Bulls rental money into their budget.

I'm sure Blindside Jonny will give us the full heads up when he see's this thread

12 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Bradford is not so much a RL city as one where RL is fairly popular. But motor sports of all varieties are generally popular so it’s hardly a big deal anyway. 

Plus I assume people who (unfathomably) want to watch banger racing go to Odsal from a wider area than those who watch Bradford Bulls. 

22 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

It will be interesting the situation with Dewsbury as i think the Bulls signed a 3 year rental agreement with them, and if so Dewsbury will want some compensation back as they properly factored the Bulls rental money into their budget.

I'm sure Blindside Jonny will give us the full heads up when he see's this thread

Pay as you play type deal I think.

11 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Maybe Dewsbury, if they want compensation, their Chairman can speak to Bradford's Chief Executive.

I would presume that there was something in the contract they signed with Dewsbury if the Bulls didn't fulfill there side of the contract for compensation, ££££

46 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I always think of Bradford as a rugby League city. 

Hearing that "banger racing" gets almost as many fans through the gates is quite saddening tbh. 

Bulls can surely pull twice as many as that if they get themselves organised? No??

Think it was because of covid and hasnt been there for years. I get your point but I'm all for it. I went to most of the F1 stocks and Bradford Dukes Speedway home fixtures in the 90s. I know a few Bulls fans who went at the weekend. Think, surprising that Omar Khan was the nearest to try and get multi use. Carboots, comedy club, bar open during day. There's two areas as you come in. The old bar which I believe is above the shop plus there's the old Trevor Foster lounge. Volunteers have done amazing to get things going, utilizing one of these as a regular bar/pub during the week just simple birthday parties etc keep the coinage coming in. Q Gardens takes a fair bit from the Bulls coffers as does the Top house. It'd be nice to get a bit back.

18 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Think it was because of covid and hasnt been there for years. I get your point but I'm all for it. I went to most of the F1 stocks and Bradford Dukes Speedway home fixtures in the 90s. I know a few Bulls fans who went at the weekend. Think, surprising that Omar Khan was the nearest to try and get multi use. Carboots, comedy club, bar open during day. There's two areas as you come in. The old bar which I believe is above the shop plus there's the old Trevor Foster lounge. Volunteers have done amazing to get things going, utilizing one of these as a regular bar/pub during the week just simple birthday parties etc keep the coinage coming in. Q Gardens takes a fair bit from the Bulls coffers as does the Top house. It'd be nice to get a bit back.

Agreed. Multi-use is super important... Especially so as many other clubs don't control revenue streams  in their stadium.

I am definitely not against them hosting this banger racing... I just was surprised/disappointed that it is almost as popular as Rugby League!

31 minutes ago, Scubby said:

So back to Bradford fans sweating over the weekend weather forecasts again! Good luck

More than enough cover in the main stand and they could probably just close the rest of the ground off if they need to save money.

1 minute ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Agreed. Multi-use is super important... Especially so as many other clubs don't control revenue streams  in their stadium.

I am definitely not against them hosting this banger racing... I just was surprised/disappointed that it is almost as popular as Rugby League

Don't think it will be long term. As popular but if (of which I think it has) F1 stock standard then there's the potential of World Championship finals too. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

What has changed at Odsal for them to go back in terms of health and safety?

I've seen a lot of work to do with the racing, painting fences, etc - but what else to improve spectator safety?

Maybe realised a RL stadium should have RL on the pitch.

I wish all RL clubs well but realistically,Odsal is still an utter dump,totally unfit for professional sport and an embarrassment to rugby league in 2021. No doubt they will be placed back in SL in 2023 !

Many of the questions in this thread can be answered with a quick look at the club website

1. Initial 18 month agreement to use the stadium (says Nigel Wood)

2. Capacity will be 4000 due to COVID restrictions, presumably that will rise later

3. All season ticket holders guaranteed entry (which apparently couldn't be guaranteed at Dewsbury), rest of tickets of general sale

4. If it didn't have a safety certificate the game wouldn't be taking place there, so that question is moot

5. Recognition from Big Nigel that this anywhere close to a 'solution': 

Getting the Bulls back to Bradford is not the end of the journey and we continue to work positively and collaboratively, with all organisations who can help, to give the supporters the facilities they deserve in the 21st century.”

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/984/the-bulls-are-back-at-odsal

Archived