Bradford back at Odsal

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Maybe Dewsbury, if they want compensation, their Chairman can speak to Bradford's Chief Executive.

As Mrs Merton said, "So tell us Mr Bradford CEO, what first attracted you to the grant-available Rugby Football League CEO"

4 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Boston has long gone, Skegness still going.

But the correct answer is Sheffield's Owlerton Stadium 🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗

and brampton.a real banger track just off mi. worksop.

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Only ever been to 2 speedway/stock car tracks 

Visited Bolton about 22 years ago ( concrete track as I recall ) 

Before that I was a regular at Te Marua back in the late 70s , seen some good races there 

Bolton were tarmac and a small track too,blackburn,cleethorpes,rochdale.aycliffe.hartlepool crewe/long eaton,leicester,coventry,belle vue, all gone for tescos or new housing😂 thats why 31st race day sold out odsal in days. cant wait to get full a shale again.

8 minutes ago, silverback said:

Bolton were tarmac and a small track too,blackburn,cleethorpes,rochdale.aycliffe.hartlepool crewe/long eaton,leicester,coventry,belle vue, all gone for tescos or new housing😂 thats why 31st race day sold out odsal in days. cant wait to get full a shale again.

I doubt you ever got to Te Marua ?

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I doubt you ever got to Te Marua ?

nope,wrong crowd.. done daytona, had some laps round rockingham,few race tracks in texas thats were fantastic, crewe were the best track over here for sure,massive and bumpy shale with armco fence and lots a dust for last few races.

6 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Nearby in inverted commas Skegness I believe and Boston unless I've been I'll informed which cud be true.

I know about those, I just didn't know if we had any others in Yorkshire, do they do it in Scunthorpe?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

10 hours ago, silverback said:

If you’re a fan, you’ll be pleased to hear that Great Yarmouth stock car racing is still going strong, though personally I’d rather watch paint dry, or possibly even rugby Union. 

10 hours ago, silverback said:

Never been a stock car man but was heavily involved in greyhound racing. All those venues were primarily  dog tracks and as they closed ,the opportunities for stock car venues has also greatly diminished.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

If you’re a fan, you’ll be pleased to hear that Great Yarmouth stock car racing is still going strong, though personally I’d rather watch paint dry, or possibly even rugby Union. 

Stock car racing also pretty big in Kings Lynn, quite a few thousand people there last time I went. I hesitate to use the word hillbilly in such a flat part of the world, but let's just say that it gives another possible interpretation of the phrase 'family sport' 😉 

Not been to Te Marua, but I did make it to stock car racing at Greenstone Park, Greymouth. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

yep, a fan for 40 years or more,i raced in 86 and both my lads raced in late 90s.we still have a few tracks left inc hendesford,barford,northampton.venray,buxton,birmingham.ipswich,sheffield, odsal.not sure on stoke.  yarmouth were great but its speedworth now so brisca wont fit in no more, couple a tracks in scotland get meeting now and again too,cowdenbeath and knockhill. better than watching paint dry.lol. try a night race meeting at kings lynn and you will be hooked.

17 hours ago, Johnoco said:

That’s ok. Being hated by the hillbilly’s of Keighley is of absolutely no consequence. 

But being guided by Big Nige is, you’ll be Bradford Green sox in no time begging to play at the glorious Cougar Park because you can’t even afford to paint the lines of Odslum.

Carry on agent Nige, we know you’ll do us proud !!!

4 hours ago, silverback said:

yep, a fan for 40 years or more,i raced in 86 and both my lads raced in late 90s.we still have a few tracks left inc hendesford,barford,northampton.venray,buxton,birmingham.ipswich,sheffield, odsal.not sure on stoke.  yarmouth were great but its speedworth now so brisca wont fit in no more, couple a tracks in scotland get meeting now and again too,cowdenbeath and knockhill. better than watching paint dry.lol. try a night race meeting at kings lynn and you will be hooked.

Loomer Road at Stoke was demolished at the end of 2019, to make way for warehousing.

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Aye ok chief. 
But even if the Bulls disappeared, we’d still have the comfort of not coming from Keighley. 

Took a wrong turning off the ‘62 on Saturday and missed the 606 (it’s been a while,) had to drive through the centre to the Odsal roundabout, apart from noticing the numerous £2.50 car washes (fronts) I can’t say why you’d rather come from a place where the people of Helmand Province would hold a live aid concert for to lift the squalor that exists. It was genuinely shocking.

Be that as it is, we both know Nige is going to take you to new depths of despair and there’s nothing you can do about it. 

3 hours ago, Moominman said:

Loomer Road at Stoke was demolished at the end of 2019, to make way for warehousing.

cheers,we raced years back when it were crewe saturday and stoke sunday and stayed over at a mates with the bus,then off to scunthorpe for monday on some bank holidays. stoke were  known as chesterton raceway way back when higgins promoted it and boy was that bumpy on turn 1 .

Archived