Bradford back at Odsal

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, silverback said:

Just shows what can be done.stand proud on them terraces.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/19324247.bullbuilder-chairman-praises-hard-work-get-back-odsal/?ref=rss

Odsal pitch now too small for rugby league to be played their legally. Club required special dispensation from the RFL.

Bradford Bulls' Odsal return approved despite failing to meet RFL's pitch standards - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Odsal pitch now too small for rugby league to be played their legally. Club required special dispensation from the RFL.

Bradford Bulls' Odsal return approved despite failing to meet RFL's pitch standards - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

"It has been confirmed to Rugby League Live by the RFL that an approval has been granted, but as things stand, that is only for their forthcoming games against York and Newcastle. That means the Bulls may have to explore further re-modifications to bring the pitch up to minimum standards after those fixtures"

I hope any team with a decent backline kick up a fuss on this

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"It has been confirmed to Rugby League Live by the RFL that an approval has been granted, but as things stand, that is only for their forthcoming games against York and Newcastle. That means the Bulls may have to explore further re-modifications to bring the pitch up to minimum standards after those fixtures"

Yup. It's properly outrageous.

But, still, y'know, something about old ground, heart n soul of rugby league, volunteers and fresh paint ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

Yup. It's properly outrageous.

But, still, y'know, something about old ground, heart n soul of rugby league, volunteers and fresh paint ...

Decisions to be made, is it a Rugby League Stadium or a Stock Car Stadium, as it seems currently it can't be both

53 minutes ago, Spidey said:

York have Kieran Dixon & Ben Jones-Bishop on the wings so we may as well just not bother with them on Sunday. The touchlines at Bradford will be 8.5m further in on each side than at our home ground.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 minute ago, silverback said:

worked for decades,once all the runoffs(rubber protection) down straights are pulled out the way and corners put back it will look fine and dandy,

All that mud churned up, doesn't look good does it.

I hope they can make it work. The game needs the Bradford Bulls in a near-full stadium. 

Just now, fighting irish said:

All that mud churned up, doesn't look good does it.

I hope they can make it work. The game needs the Bradford Bulls in a near-full stadium. 

it will all look fine on the gameday,we have been to stadiums that have just had speedway on and raced 2 hours later, look at old rochdale pitch that we raced round before it became tescos. i think the place looks fantastic after only 6 months hard graft,and reecie will be putting hell of a lot more for everyone to enjoy, speedway stockcars and rugby all worked fine for 50 years, so creit were its due,people got off there rears and made a change,not thousands a miles away,here on our doorsteps, big up the odsal grafters. NORTHERN POWERHOUSE.

how the hell a cougars fan can beef after years sat on them 8x4 sheets a ply with 50 coats a dulux on i dont know.and that carpet in bar.

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How can it be a long term solution when the pitch isn't deemed fit for Rugby League?

In the past the pitch wasn't narrowed.  Unless regulations have changed for stock cars I can't see there being a problem. The only change was the corners which were raised. As I stated earlier the millennium stadium has had World Grand Prix speedway without a perimeter track. They placed down a track on top. There are options, I just feel clear negotiations need to be made.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

3 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

In the past the pitch wasn't narrowed.  Unless regulations have changed for stock cars I can't see there being a problem. The only change was the corners which were raised. As I stated earlier the millennium stadium has had World Grand Prix speedway without a perimeter track. They placed down a track on top. There are options, I just feel clear negotiations need to be made.

What are the options? Do you think they’ll be available in time after the York & Newcastle games?

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

The pitch being narrow is clearly not ideal. But it’s definitely not ‘properly outrageous’. 

No, it really is. Not least because they're leaving a ground that is suitable (I believe) to play at one that isn't.

33 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

I can't see there being a problem

And, yet, here we are with a pitch that isn't even close to being wide enough so something's gone wrong somewhere and the only plan mentioned is to sort something out somehow, probably.

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

I agree, hence the comment about it not being ideal, it needs addressing ASAP. But outrageous? Not so sure

I would have thought things like this would have been sorted well in advance of a return to the ground, its pretty basic isn't it?

16 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It's not suitable. It's not in Bradford. They may as well play on Mars cos I won't go to see them if not based in Bradford. 

Aren't Bradford also leaving a ground (Dewsbury) which doesn't comply with the usual size requirements (being too short rather than too narrow)?

From what I understand, the required pitch width of 55m could still be achieved at Odsal but for the runoff areas that are needed around the edges for player safety. Is there any way that the track (with an appropriate covering if necessary) could be used for the runoff? It is significantly wider than the specified 3m runoff and is no longer tarmac.

Archived