Bradford back at Odsal

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

Seems Bulls are the most hated club around, I bet a lot of it is because whoever they support aren't as successful as the Bulls were. We haven't been in SL for 7 years and 16 years since we last won a Grand Final and still no new SL winner.

Hardly surprising really given the way the Bulls and it's supporters treated people back in the day, quite happy to dish it out to Halifax, Huddersfield, Keighley, Wakefield, Batley, Dewsbury etc when the crowds and trophies were rolling in, but don't want any criticism back.

For what it's worth, I would like Bradford to rise again and become a stable club, but they aren't and haven't been for almost as long as they were successful back in the early 00's.

That Bradford, like the one before 1996 and the one before 1963 etc have long gone, they need to rebuild, slowly, steadily and properly, again.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I no longer care if the game grows, shrinks or slides into a black hole. I used to care.... passionately. But don't now so I'll just follow my club and screw everything else. 

Is that ok with you?

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. 

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

Oh hang on....what happened to your Mr Rugby League Mask? Seems to have slipped a bit. 

Never mind though, you seem to be having fun in here. 👌🏻

No it hasn't, two of the clubs no longer exist, it's a shame but it's a fact. 

14 minutes ago, meast said:

Hardly surprising really given the way the Bulls and it's supporters treated people back in the day, quite happy to dish it out to Halifax, Huddersfield, Keighley, Wakefield, Batley, Dewsbury etc when the crowds and trophies were rolling in, but don't want any criticism back.

For what it's worth, I would like Bradford to rise again and become a stable club, but they aren't and haven't been for almost as long as they were successful back in the early 00's.

That Bradford, like the one before 1996 and the one before 1963 etc have long gone, they need to rebuild, slowly, steadily and properly, again.

Quite a lot of Bulls fans who go now were kids back then so the same people you are criticising are much more grounded and understand the club is slowly rebuilding and are standing by the club.

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Ok bud, no one is saying they will always be a mega club, nobody. But you'll have to remind me of the crowds Huddersfield have had/got in SL? They've had some success, play in a decent stadium and have a rich owner. 

So what are the figures? 

over 20 years about 7,700 but we haven't been multiple champions / world champions / cup winners etc it's also more than Bradford got in the previous 20 years to their glory years too so....

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

But there isn't anything like the length of threads involving glamorous clubs like Toronto and Bradford.

The also rans get few lines and nobody cares and forgets. Mega clubs like Bradford seem to generate hatred and jealousy. It's a mystery.

The main reason people have a go at Bradford is Odsal , and the financial ' irregularities n' surrounding it 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Because Bradford still got 4K in league one, hunslet get about 600 in that division and Swinton / barrow around 1,000. And their catchment areas are much smaller. 

And how do we know if Hunslet, Barrow or Swinton wouldn't get 4K in league one 5 years after they had all the success Bradford had? Bradford SHOULD be well supported considering their recent success (which is what everyone still judges them on isn't it?) unless 10,000 of their fans have dropped off the face of the earth since the last trophy win.

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Leave out the facts mate, this is for jealous Muppets to hate on Bradford. They are having fun bless 'em. 

Jealous? i support a well run Super League club who are doing ok on and off the pitch, why the hell would i be jealous of a basket case of a once successful club?

Nope but when you compare the clubs Bulls offer more to the game. We shouldn't be compared to the clubs mentioned, just like we shouldn't be compared to St Helens,Leeds,Wigan as they offer more.

In what way do they offer more? more liquidations? more dodgy owners? more remaining glory hunting dancing finger waving obnoxious supporters? more creditors not being paid? 

What exactly do Bradford offer? and i mean now not what COULD they offer if they reclaim their glory days which could be said of any former successful club of the past?

I keep hearing this 'offer more' rubbish spouted but i've yet to see any stone wall evidence of what they actually offer!

Until i do i will continue to judge them on my own experiences of that club and it's supporters/staff and their current place at the rugby league table not on some 'what could be or what has been'.

Seems Bulls are the most hated club around, I bet a lot of it is because whoever they support aren't as successful as the Bulls were. We haven't been in SL for 7 years and 16 years since we last won a Grand Final and still no new SL winner.

My club have won 4 more trophies than Bradford.

I’m intrigued as to which SL teams Bradford are allegedly matching with their attendances. 

Anyway, looking forward to watching Sunday’s game, the pitch isn’t looking too bad 😉

DB8AC556-E383-4B48-A40F-A708D180575A.jpeg

17 minutes ago, daz39 said:

And how do we know if Hunslet, Barrow or Swinton wouldn't get 4K in league one 5 years after they had all the success Bradford had? Bradford SHOULD be well supported considering their recent success (which is what everyone still judges them on isn't it?) unless 10,000 of their fans have dropped off the face of the earth since the last trophy win.

Do you think any of those three clubs would be as well supported as Bradford if they’d had the same success? 

19 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

7700 average? How many did they get at Fartown? You know, before the glory years.

Our glory days were at Fartown!!!!!!!! 

Before the glory years, between 8-13,000, again still more than Bradford

During them, 15-25,000, again still more than Bradford

4 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I’m intrigued as to which SL teams Bradford are allegedly matching with their attendances. 

Anyway, looking forward to watching Sunday’s game, the pitch isn’t looking too bad 😉

54FA994E-16B7-4F83-BDFB-35B9D05287A8.jpeg

That's just wrong !!

It's at ground level for a start

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Do you think any of those three clubs would be as well supported as Bradford if they’d had the same success? 

Who knows, it's all ifs and buts.

IF they did have that success and fell on hard times would we still say they offered a lot and the game needs them? 

apart from the fact they get good crowds in the lower leagues i'm still waiting to hear what Bradford offer!

22 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Maybe it is, I don't particularly care about anyone else. I want Bradford to do well, if that means bending a few rules or greasing the wheels of industry, so be it. I'm past caring about morals or no mark clubs wanting equal treatment. 

And I mean that.

The sport needs a successful Bradford club. A successful Bradford club needs the sport, including your "no mark" clubs, don't forget that.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Who knows, it's all ifs and buts.

IF they did have that success and fell on hard times would we still say they offered a lot and the game needs them? 

apart from the fact they get good crowds in the lower leagues i'm still waiting to hear what Bradford offer!

Well that is a big offering tbf, I expect the likes of Hunslet and Batley would agree too, when they get a good few hundred on their gate. 

5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Are you talking about the post war years when even crown green bowling got attendances of 50k? 

You asked a question i answered it, you have now made this comment because it's not the answer you wanted and are now clutching at straws in the hope you can read what you wanted?

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Are you really, as a Huddersfield fan, going to try and make jibes about crowds? I'd think about that if I were you homes. 

Have Bradford not struggled on and off the field for the past decade?

Have they been attracting crowds of 3-4,000 for the last few years?

Do they not hold themselves up as being loyal, heroic and hard done to?

Now, show me me where the apparent jibes at crowds was?

4 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

No,it's not. 

That's handy but the real reason is that they support crappy clubs nobody has ever heard of.

Like Leigh. 😛

So you , as a Bradford fan can read the minds of non Bradford RL club fans ? 🤔

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I'm sure Huddersfield can fill the glamour gap.

But remember this, one day you won't have a rich owner subsidising your low crowds. Then we'll see how you like tough luck. 

But hopefully I will be safe in the knowledge that my club were a well run organisation and knowing that my club didn't expect the world to subsidise any success it had and then expected the world to then sympathise and bail us out.

Bradford aren't in the position they've been in for a decade due to bad luck, I'd be disappointed and angry with my club if they let us get into that state, not bemoaning bad luck.

Anyway, good luck in your quest to get back dining at the top table.

3 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

A Huddersfield fan mentioning crowds😂😂. Can't even give em away at Huddersfield.

You do know that Huddersfield get bigger crowds than Bradford? and of course, every single person paid to get into Odsal back in the day didn't they, no walking in free with a copy of that days T&A?

Never mind, at the least coffers will have been nicely filled for years to come 🙂

Good luck with it all.

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Ok bud, hit me with Huddersfield crowds?

The biggest I can remember is at the McAlpine when they played........ Bradford after getting promoted in 1998. That was about 12K.

Then they had one of around 10K against Leeds when (I think) they won the LLS. 

Struggling to remember anything other than 3/4/5K gates but I'm sure you can think of huge crowds I missed.

What have Huddersfield's crowds got to do with the fact that Bradford Bulls have been a shambles for 10 years?

We get bigger crowds than Bradford do, put it that way, we also pay our players and staff.

We haven't won major trophies, but that's because we do things properly and not expect everyone else to pay for it.

1 minute ago, meast said:

What have Huddersfield's crowds got to do with the fact that Bradford Bulls have been a shambles for 10 years?

We get bigger crowds than Bradford do, put it that way, we also pay our players and staff.

We haven't won major trophies, but that's because we do things properly and not expect everyone else to pay for it.

I like and agree with all your points...but had to snigger when you put that you don't "expect everyone else to pay for it".

You just expect that really old bloke to pay for it.

3 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Quite a lot of Bulls fans who go now were kids back then so the same people you are criticising are much more grounded and understand the club is slowly rebuilding and are standing by the club.

Who have I criticised?

I'm merely posting an opinion, that's the idea of a forum isn't it?

I'm not the one throwing insults about or name calling.

Archived