Bradford back at Odsal

42 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

It's been made more narrow  because of stock car racing.  Minimum standards are 55m wide and in reality the playing width will be 51.  So say York City.  Far too narrow. 

Promoted Stories

This > shortening of the pitch is due to the stadium being able to make room for stock-car racing, which has returned to Odsal after a 24-year absence.

but its not,see were the corner flags are on gameday come kickoff, even the newpapers fer it wrong by talking about it been shortened when sticks are put in same holes, check out this video and the timbers from years ago are sat next to the raised kerb, thats same kerb is still in place if you see the photo above,

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gone quite with all those fist waving fans knocking the odsal stadium of late, pitch looked real well too,check out touch line in video.spare 15m each side too so could a been a 70m wide pitch, glad to see a nice crowd and the old place looking great again.well done all those involved.

11 minutes ago, silverback said:

Those field dimensions would not get Bradford Bulls  into the NCL , let alone as SL aspirants. How can you get smaller than Toronto's  pitch? 

Even Underbank  Rangers in the last of the summer wine country (  a ground also owned by the RFL ) puts it to shame.

RFL clearly absolutely desperate to get ANY tenant into Odsal to  generate cash.

As Bernard Hill said  ( Theoden in Lord of the Rings ) --- How did it come to this ?

7 minutes ago, dboy said:

Before the game it was measured at 50.8 metres - minimum is 55 metres.

In goals were just over 3 metres - minimum is 6 metres.

Pitch length is circa 86 metres.

In goal 6 metres minimum ? , Maximum surely ?

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It's small , it looks small , the in goal looks small , but it is playable , so let's just get on with it and hope the Bradford ' massive ' return , the sport could do with them 

In your neck of the woods Gubrat both Leigh Miners and Ince Rose Bridge have small fields just about acceptable to  even the NCL and  RFL Tier 4 - 6 Regulations. That leads to a certain pattern of play,,,,,,,, drive drive and finally spin 

Odsal is well below either of those  amateur field  measurements and if you think any club in SL would find that sort of park ok for wide game attacking football ( what the fans want and the game needs )  I think you might need to think again. It would be a killer for fans. For Bradford ,  Glass ceiling springs to mind.

The momentous rush to get the Bulls back in to the mainstream is driven by  that hope of your ' massive return ' of fans and therefor gate receipts-  I don't buy it I'm afraid =  just cheapens the whole project of placing ourselves as a 21st century sport.........

2 minutes ago, del capo said:

In your neck of the woods Gubrat both Leigh Miners and Ince Rose Bridge have small fields just about acceptable to  even the NCL and  RFL Tier 4 - 6 Regulations. That leads to a certain pattern of play,,,,,,,, drive drive and finally spin 

Odsal is well below either of those  amateur field  measurements and if you think any club in SL would find that sort of park ok for wide game attacking football ( what the fans want and the game needs )  I think you might need to think again. It would be a killer for fans. For Bradford ,  Glass ceiling springs to mind.

The momentous rush to get the Bulls back in to the mainstream is driven by  that hope of your ' massive return ' of fans and therefor gate receipts-  I don't buy it I'm afraid =  just cheapens the whole project of placing ourselves as a 21st century sport.........

I understand your point Del , I just look at London and Swinton , the Eagles as well , playing out of town or at constantly changing venues just doesn't work , clubs wither and die , I genuinely hope that one way or another something happens for then stadium wise 

1 hour ago, del capo said:

Those field dimensions would not get Bradford Bulls  into the NCL , let alone as SL aspirants. How can you get smaller than Toronto's  pitch? 

Even Underbank  Rangers in the last of the summer wine country (  a ground also owned by the RFL ) puts it to shame.

RFL clearly absolutely desperate to get ANY tenant into Odsal to  generate cash.

As Bernard Hill said  ( Theoden in Lord of the Rings ) --- How did it come to this ?

I preferred him as Yosser Hughes!

I also prefer a compliant in goal area.  That in the video looks about 3m.  Slack governance like this just shouldn’t be happening in 2021.

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I understand your point Del , I just look at London and Swinton , the Eagles as well , playing out of town or at constantly changing venues just doesn't work , clubs wither and die , I genuinely hope that one way or another something happens for then stadium wise 

Totally agree Gubrats

But those two clubs still play on  ' conventional  '  size rugby fields. 

The Bulls do not. 

And the decision of the RFL to let them play on a substandard park  ( because the RFL hived of the needed parts of the field to Stock cars on income grounds  )  will come to haunt them and will be an eternal shame to the game.......

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Looks a bit like one of those 1980s exhibition games in the US.

That said, all this will be forgotten once sorted. Pitch markings really aren’t that big a deal.

It can't be ' once  sorted  ' with a pitch that small

Stop dreaming.

You want exhibition stuff then be my guest....

You want real RL at the top level then you start with a pitch of sufficient size to play on.....

RFL yet again gone for the cash rather than the soul.........

1 minute ago, del capo said:

It can't be ' once  sorted  ' with a pitch that small

Stop dreaming.

You want exhibition stuff then be my guest....

You want real RL at the top level then you start with a pitch of sufficient size to play on.....

RFL yet again gone for the cash rather than the soul.........

How do you know it can’t be sorted? 

Archived