Bradford back at Odsal

9 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Yes, The Widnes game was supposed to be our first game back but due to Covid restrictions on fans at Dewsbury we moved back early. As wouldn't of got all Season Ticket holders in. The plan is something similar to the image below so be the same length as it was when Bulls last played at Odsal.

Screenshot_20210526-220758_Chrome.jpg

I asked if it was going to be 100M long and you responded as such. Just saying

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spidey said:

It's physically impossible to get a 100m playing surface on Odsal. The most you can get even adding in the in goal area is 96m if you are generous. 

I cannot believe that what must be millions have spent on a pitch that is 86m long.

11 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

It's physically impossible to get a 100m playing surface on Odsal. The most you can get even adding in the in goal area is 96m if you are generous. 

I cannot believe that what must be millions have spent on a pitch that is 86m long.

Agreed that’s why I was asked and was surprised 🤷🏻‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You said really? I was replying to Stock Cars and Bulls both having equal say regarding the lease. So I responded yes and then went on to talk about the corners plan not the 100m long pitch.

17 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

You said really? I was replying to Stock Cars and Bulls both having equal say regarding the lease. So I responded yes and then went on to talk about the corners plan not the 100m long pitch.

The picture, the clear picture, posted up thread, clearly shows the pitch at 86 to 87m.  Hopelessly short.  So short that it cannot mark out a 30m line. It is clearly not even 45m to the half way line. Stock cars and Speedway are irrelevant. 

Hundreds of thousands of pounds have been spent, and more seemingly promised, on a stadium that is massively and fundamentally not fit for purpose. 

An old fashioned 100 yards would at least make it 91 to 92 metres.  But 86..!!??

3 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

I love, days after this is in the record books, one of the Bulls players is having to defend himself against a well known York supporter on Twitter.

Wouldn't an alternative view of this be that a well-known York supporter is having to defend his club after one of the Bulls players labelled his club "embarrassing" in a filmed interview?

All a bit undignified either way, but happily they seem to have drawn a line through it now.

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Look reality is that Bulls dont have the cash to build what is required, namely a 12000 3g facility.  So making Odsal work for now is all we have. 

The alternative is to play outside Bradford which is a slow lingering death.  

As I’ve said before, the new leisure centre the council has built down the road should have been built at Odsal as part of a York style community stadium. The council, bulls and park Avenue should have worked together to make that happen

On 31/05/2021 at 22:36, silverback said:

check your glass.s, you can see clearly the pitch could have been marked out with at least extra 10m each side, 50m becomes 70m, then bradford would really turn the screw on visiting teams, all these comments from people who probably never been in odsal.

At the half way line, there was easily 7-8m of additional grass on both sides. Unfortunately, the pitch is currently oval and there was only 7-8cm of spare grass at the corner flags.....

The RFL ( as the head leaseholders) are supposedly working on the temporary corner upgrades. 

16 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

As I’ve said before, the new leisure centre the council has built down the road should have been built at Odsal as part of a York style community stadium. The council, bulls and park Avenue should have worked together to make that happen

Few years ago now, but I'd heard the council, Bulls and BPA were broadly on the same page. Unfortunately the RFL are a stakeholder too and were either too greedy/incompetent (delete as required) so the council & BPA went their own way. Thanks RFL. Christ it's good being the RFL's favourites.....

1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

Few years ago now, but I'd heard the council, Bulls and BPA were broadly on the same page. Unfortunately the RFL are a stakeholder too and were either too greedy/incompetent (delete as required) so the council & BPA went their own way. Thanks RFL. Christ it's good being the RFL's favourites.....

Odd; I heard completely the opposite.

9 hours ago, TrueBull said:

In the end Odsal as it is will hold them back. After the 2000s they should have looked at moving/ redeveloping and working with stakeholders/ council/ RFL/ ect but obviously financial troubles didn’t help

• 1 month later...

Looks  like the RFL have approved that the pitch will continue to be a narrow pitch for the remainder of the season.

Not sure how accurate this is for obvious reasons and no other journalist is reporting on it.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Looks  like the RFL have approved that the pitch will continue to be a narrow pitch for the remainder of the season.

Not sure how accurate this is for obvious reasons and no other journalist is reporting on it.

Mad Mick,never known to be wrong 😂

7 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I doubt there will ever be a full sized pitch at Odsal

4 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Wonder what would happen if a Club refused to play on it.

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

They would lose 2 points (Maybe more) and be fined LOL:)

They would be in their rights though.  Say, a player dives for the ball in the corner, slides onto track grit and gets a graze on his face - he would be scarred for life.  Wouldn’t happen on grass.

Archived