Bradford back at Odsal

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

You aren't necessarily well run, you just have a very rich owner. Nobody ever vaguely rich has owned Bradford.

If they had, we'd dwarf Real Madrid.

Do you know how the rich owner got rich?

He got rich by running his business very well and prudently, or do you believe that was down to luck too 😄

Chris Caisley was rich wasn't he?

Omar Khan was rich wasn't he?

Andrew Chalmers was rich wasn't he?

15 minutes ago, dboy said:

I like and agree with all your points...but had to snigger when you put that you don't "expect everyone else to pay for it".

You just expect that really old bloke to pay for it.

That's his choice though, he doesn't go around with begging bowls expecting others to pay for it, the fact that he's owned the club and is still paying for it after 25 years is testament to the old bloke 🙂

17 minutes ago, dboy said:

I like and agree with all your points...but had to snigger when you put that you don't "expect everyone else to pay for it".

You just expect that really old bloke to pay for it.

There can't be many sports clubs where a rich bloke isn't somewhere around. Successful or sustainable (to a point) ones, that is.

21 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

You’re tripping yourself up mate. 
It was you who started getting lippy about crowds. 
but then you say Bradford have been a shambles for the last 10 years.

Except they’ve spent the last few years building again from scratch from league one....you know, like you said they should do and how you wished them well if they did? But obviously it’s still not good enough.

It’s exactly why I don’t care what fans of other clubs think now, I genuinely couldn’t give a toss who goes under now, it’s every man for themselves. 

22 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Why?  Why is any club who can actually get punters through the gates good for RL?

Maybe you prefer endless strugglers getting heroic crowds of 3-4k ? 

You mean like...... Bradford?

Tripping myself up how?

Where did I start "getting lippy" about crowds?

You raised the issue of crowds, I gave a factual response, I guess you didn't like my response so decided to get belligerent and insulting over it.

I haven't said anything that isn't correct, I haven't insulted, I haven't criticised, I've merely posted truths about Bradford, which, obviously you're upset with, not my fault you can't handle that.

And good on them for building from scratch, that's the correct way to do things, and if they do make it back that way, then fair play to them, it will make the moment all the more sweeter and satisfying for the fans who have stuck by them.

46 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

There's definitely someone clutching at straws. 

I'd suggest it's the person quoting figures from donkeys years ago as if Huddersfield are getting crowds of 15-20K today or even in their SL tenure. 

For the record, I quite like Huddersfield and they are playing quite well in SL. It's just weird how some of their fans hate Bradford. Most lads I've known from Huddersfield were football fans who hated Leeds United.

You bleeding asked for them !!!!! you wanted the crowds from our glory years, i gave you them, the fact they were donkeys years ago are irrelevant as time doesn't stand still for the sake of debates on the internet.

A lot of our fans have issues with Bradford from the past, i'm not going into them on here as that's a different subject but things happened and were said which made them very unlikeable.

29 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Except they’ve spent the last few years building again from scratch from league one....you know, like you said they should do and how you wished them well if they did? But obviously it’s still not good enough.

Bradford have done well to get through the last decade , unfortunately the issue that has caused a lot of their problems still hasn't been resolved 

Odsal 

And yes many clubs , including mine have been incredibly lucky to have had stadium issues sorted by external investments , something Bradford haven't been fortunate enough to receive 

10 hours ago, meast said:

Do you know how the rich owner got rich?

He got rich by running his business very well and prudently, or do you believe that was down to luck too 😄

Chris Caisley was rich wasn't he?

Omar Khan was rich wasn't he?

Andrew Chalmers was rich wasn't he?

If you think any of them were rich your very much mistaken and need to do a bit more research, Chris Caisley was a Partner at Walker Morris, Omar Khan ran 2 successful restaurants, Andrew Chalmers ran 1 restaurant so not really rich. Oh and the RFL deemed 2 of the 3 suitable to run a RL club when they had little funds.

13 hours ago, Johnoco said:

It’s exactly why I don’t care what fans of other clubs think now, I genuinely couldn’t give a toss who goes under now, it’s every man for themselves. 

The sport could certainly do with more fans like you.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

32 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

You mean people who have spent a lot of money and travelled around to watch it? Yeah I suppose you're right. 

I can understand people's negativity towards us but taken out of the question is how the Bulls fans feel about it. I've been there mainly home and away since 87. If we'd had gone into admin again I'd would have had to step away.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

14 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

taken out of the question is how the Bulls fans feel about it

Yes. That's why we're meant to have an independent governing body whose job is to enforce standards.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

Highlighted the important words just in case anyone missed them

Exactly. We don't. That's why Bradford are playing home games on an illegal pitch.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Exactly. We don't. That's why Bradford are playing home games on an illegal pitch.

And Bradford were forced to stay in Championship when the holding company was liquidated and the rules mandated immediately reforming in L1, purely because all the Championship clubs whinged that they would have a £25k hole in their accounts if that happened. 

As soon as the RFL got involved with Odsal, it created governance and integrity problems and the RFL have vacillated between helping and harming Bradford ever since. 

Just now, TrueBull said:

As soon as the RFL got involved with Odsal, it created governance and integrity problems and the RFL have vacillated between helping and harming Bradford ever since. 

Yup. It's been a mess, and an avoidable one at that.

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

come kickoff time it will be same size its been for decades.its not got any smaller over past 50 years,once everythings  back in place it will be looking super ready for the off, i think the work thats been done is great and just shows the passion in fans who want this to work and got involved. i cant wait to see the game on telly once am home from our first game back sunday,it like christmas with my  batley shirt ironed and best pants out ready for action.   celebrate what we have while we still have it.

1 minute ago, silverback said:

celebrate what we have while we still have it.

The game's not dying, mate.

7 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

If you think any of them were rich your very much mistaken and need to do a bit more research, Chris Caisley was a Partner at Walker Morris, Omar Khan ran 2 successful restaurants, Andrew Chalmers ran 1 restaurant so not really rich. Oh and the RFL deemed 2 of the 3 suitable to run a RL club when they had little funds.

4 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Hope that helps 😀

It was posted with tongue firmly in cheek, as yet another administration was followed by a saviour, only for that saviour to promise gold but come up with stones.

17 hours ago, daz39 said:

You bleeding asked for them !!!!! you wanted the crowds from our glory years, i gave you them, the fact they were donkeys years ago are irrelevant as time doesn't stand still for the sake of debates on the internet.

A lot of our fans have issues with Bradford from the past, i'm not going into them on here as that's a different subject but things happened and were said which made them very unlikeable.

Try this 🙂

Amazon.com : AIIKES 7x5FT Red Brick Wall Photography Backdrop Thin Vinyl  Photo Backdrops Background Baby Birthday Party Wedding Graduation Home  Decoration Photo Booth Studio Prop Banner 11-506 : Camera & Photo

NOW the dust as settled who's picking up the tab if I remember rightly the bulls left because of rent, business rates and maintenance costs. Have all those magically disappeared

48 minutes ago, POR said:

NOW the dust as settled who's picking up the tab if I remember rightly the bulls left because of rent, business rates and maintenance costs. Have all those magically disappeared

That was mentioned on the Forty20 podcast. What are the terms for them to return, as that's why they left? Is the RFL getting less money? Is that good for the sport?

1 hour ago, POR said:

No but the guy who charged them rent is now their 'big man' so no doubt he has done a deal with his mates - either that or it was all part of an elaborate plan from the beginning with Nige involved.

Either way i think the Rugby League public have a right to know what's going on considering the ground belongs to the sport and not the club or Wood, doubt we will find out though it's all too cloak and dagger for me.

On 28/05/2021 at 14:25, silverback said:

come kickoff time it will be same size its been for decades.its not got any smaller over past 50 years,once everythings  back in place it will be looking super ready for the off, i think the work thats been done is great and just shows the passion in fans who want this to work and got involved. i cant wait to see the game on telly once am home from our first game back sunday,it like christmas with my  batley shirt ironed and best pants out ready for action.   celebrate what we have while we still have it.

It's been made more narrow  because of stock car racing.  Minimum standards are 55m wide and in reality the playing width will be 51.  So say York City.  Far too narrow. 

Archived