Home game with Fans

Mr Frisky

I’m like I was as a kid at Christmas, cannot wait to set foot back in Derwent Park. A dry sunny day, as big a crowd as is allowed under current conditions, only downside my home shirt won’t arrive in time. Win, lose or draw it will be brilliant to be back watching the boys when at times last year I honestly thought we might not have a club to come back to. In our absence over the last 15 months a big well done to the board, volunteers, players, coaching staff and everybody that helped to keep the club going and  to have done it in such a positive manner. UTT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see Elliott Miller back in training, hopefully it isn't long before he's in the 🔵⚪

Good luck tomorrow lads, I don't know about anybody else but it will be quite emotional being back in the scratching shed tomorrow afternoon a lot has gone on in the last 12 months and I'm so pleased we have come through it, enjoy the day folks UTT 🔵⚪

Be nice if the both sides could take a minute to reflect on the last 12 months and remember the people who are sadly no longer with us before kick off. 

I'm sure it's going to be a brilliant day and a fitting game for the fans return. Hopefully it's an opportunity for fleeting fans to take stock of what this club means to the town. 

UTT

Absolutely agree with all of the above, it will be awesome to be in the ground again, we owe it all to the guys and gals who have worked tirelessly to get us here today.

Only two words “Thank You”

🔵⚪️ UTT

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Good to be back ... and my stomach is churning just like the old days !

At least its not just me with the knot in my guts, usually only get them against haven or before big games. I'm way too excited for a bloke my age 🤣 UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Better 2nd half though,silly mistakes cost us the game.Doncaster were nothing special but the hard running forwards took some stopping,And 3 misses from Forber did not help.Keithley will be a different opponents again next week,they have splashed the cash and will be favourites for promotion next season,so we will not be far away from the top4 season end.UTT🏉🏉🏉

The mistake we made from the kick off after drawing level at 16 all was the game breaker. We had all the momentum and they looked rattled but that error handed the momentum back to them and they capitalised.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Well we played for about 20 minutes in that game, the other 60 littered with mistakes and very lack lustre, but still managed to score 5 tries and win the 2nd half 24-10. Every mistake we made was punished. We just didn’t seem to have any cohesion for the most part but if Buffer had had his kicking boots on we’d have won. A shame with such a good crowd and cracking atmosphere but it’s all a work in progress and will be good going along for the ride.UTT

Well , tough one . First half we didn’t turn up , made to many errors and gave up soft tries . You’re behind the 8 ball then , but second half we started playing quicker and more direct , sparked by Henson,  and got right back on terms . The Doran knock on was a momentum killer ( why is he taking that hit up )and in short order we were up against it again . You just can’t be giving yourself so much self inflicted pain as we did , everything becomes twice as hard . And still if we’d kicked our goals we win . Weird one . They just ground out their sets , kicked well and preyed on our mistakes . They made far fewer which was key . We struggled a bit for territory up the middle , but Caine Barnes was exceptional . Uncharacteristic errors from guys like Holroyd and Fell which was indicative of how we went for to much of that match .Very disappointing in the main , you can’t be playing for a patch and shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly and have any complaints in the end 

Too many mistakes, too often the 6th tackle plays were rubbish, no one taking control. Fair play to Donny, their defence in the last 10 was outstanding,  and they took full advantage of all our mistakes it seemed. Barnes was outstanding, best player on the pitch by a mile.

The fact that that win means as much to us as Dons fans tells you all you need. From both sides perspective that should be one of the biggest games of the season. Bigger picture is that both sides are potentially top 3 come the play offs

Agree with all comments. Barnes was outstanding. You carnt give a team16 points start. Lacked spark in 1st half. Chris  had to have words at half time,  was like different team 2nd half.  Things to work on in training this week. Good atmosphere. Hope all return for next week be another hard and entertaining game. Utt.

20 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

The fact that that win means as much to us as Dons fans tells you all you need. From both sides perspective that should be one of the biggest games of the season. Bigger picture is that both sides are potentially top 3 come the play offs

Beharrell ran the game for a lot of it 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

So I gathered. He's taken captaincy and been like a kid in a candy shop. One of the most competitive players I've ever seen. Stop Matty and you stop Donny. 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Good to hear David thanks. 

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

Gutted to lose but we were never in front. In the 1st half we hardly completed a set, they seemed to think they had to score every set after the Donny sin bins. Donny ran hard and scored most times off crash balls to muscle over the line. Gabe made two uncharacteristic mistakes and they scored both times. 

Second half we did brilliantly to tie it up only for the knock on to kill the momentum. It grates me that the 2 point difference at the end was from the pen given against Holroyd after the ref let the Donny player not allow him to play the ball then penalise Brad.

I know he's still struggling on his ankle but we are so much better when Matty is on the field as he does everything a bit quicker.

Donny are a good team and will be right up there at the business end  although against another big pack their tactics of big drives and crash balls may have to change. Their 7 played very smart rugby.

Finally,  Caine was just awesome today and didn't deserve not to be picking winning pay up. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Disappointing to say the least, long way 2nd best in the first half, due to uncharacteristic mistakes, Doncaster half backs ran the show for me, particularly in that first half, off the platform set by their forwards, our last tackle options poor , much improved second half and had them hanging on, Caine Barnes head and shoulders the best forward on the pitch and Scholey stiffened up the middle in his stint, move to next week now, Cougars will be just as determined  as Doncaster.

I'm sure nobody will be as gutted about today as what the players and coaches are. Take your lessons and learn as there is always another tough game on the horizon. I had Keighley offering a bigger test than the dons, so a big weeks training needed. 

Archived