Home game with Fans

Mr Frisky

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can`t blame anybody but ourselves , Donny down to 12 and then 11 for a bit and yet 12-0 up due to our own mistakes and overplaying . Henson is clearly the man that makes a difference , we just need to play mistake free no nonsense rugby until he comes on and then step up a gear . Match changed with Jamies "knock on " running the ball out , 3 man tackle that took ages to complete , we could easily have had a pen for a ball steal , 50/50 decision that cost us the match .Big game this Sunday and maybe this defeat will spur the boys on to a big effort and a win . Up The Town............by the way one of the best officials i have seen for a while , can`t blame him for that one .

Just a word for O’Brien . Playing as a prop , got smashed up , came back and carried strongly repeatedly . That guys one tough nugget . Next week is must win , it’s all there but we need  to play with fewer frayed edges than that and we’ll match up and more with anybody in this league  .Everything we did badly yesterday , playing only for a period in the second half and yet we lost by 2 and missed kicks to win . Says a fair bit about the potential we have . How awesome did the pitch look by the way ? Ground looked ace , well done to all involved 

11 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Can`t blame anybody but ourselves , Donny down to 12 and then 11 for a bit and yet 12-0 up due to our own mistakes and overplaying . Henson is clearly the man that makes a difference , we just need to play mistake free no nonsense rugby until he comes on and then step up a gear . Match changed with Jamies "knock on " running the ball out , 3 man tackle that took ages to complete , we could easily have had a pen for a ball steal , 50/50 decision that cost us the match .Big game this Sunday and maybe this defeat will spur the boys on to a big effort and a win . Up The Town............by the way one of the best officials i have seen for a while , can`t blame him for that one .

Because we've got no real size I think overplaying is inevitable,we've got to throw it about a bit to get up the field. I reckon we're short of a couple of big no nonsense run it up the middle props. That said we scored some really good tries and with a bit of luck would have had the 2 points.. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Yeah just to echo DavidM the ground looked in really good nick and the pitch was like a carpet. Also good to see a healthy crowd down enjoying the day.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

why don't they play Henson from the start, leave Dec,out you got marwood also who makes an impact off the bench, need a impact prop forward not O'Brien he's a loose or hooker who works hard in the middle not a battering ram.

48 minutes ago, Town utd said:

why don't they play Henson from the start, leave Dec,out you got marwood also who makes an impact off the bench, need a impact prop forward not O'Brien he's a loose or hooker who works hard in the middle not a battering ram.

I can’t see the point of starting with Scholey on the bench, if anyone can play big minutes it’s him, think in games like that you need to be starting with 2 proper middles for the early arm wrestle.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

22 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I can’t see the point of starting with Scholey on the bench, if anyone can play big minutes it’s him, think in games like that you need to be starting with 2 proper middles for the early arm wrestle.

In the first half when they were pinning us back after five drives and a good kick it was noticable how limited our yardage was when we were bringing it back , and they were just winning the battle of territory over n over . 

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Just a word for O’Brien . Playing as a prop , got smashed up , came back and carried strongly repeatedly . That guys one tough nugget . Next week is must win , it’s all there but we need  to play with fewer frayed edges than that and we’ll match up and more with anybody in this league  .Everything we did badly yesterday , playing only for a period in the second half and yet we lost by 2 and missed kicks to win . Says a fair bit about the potential we have . How awesome did the pitch look by the way ? Ground looked ace , well done to all involved 

I just said to my mates, if they demolish that ground for some tin pot stadium then it would be criminal. A better option and cheaper would be to develop DP. If the Reds couldn't play on that surface there's got to be something missing somewhere.

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

Does anyone no the official attendance yesterday

Looked like we had gained some new supporters just hope they keep returning as the future looks really bright 

Not sure if it’s correct but in the news and star report online said 942. If we were only allowed 950 not bad. I wonder why Barrow were allowed far more.

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

Not sure if it’s correct but in the news and star report online said 942. If we were only allowed 950 not bad. I wonder why Barrow were allowed far more.

It’s because our capacity is only 5000, so hence the 950 limit

6 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

It’s because our capacity is only 5000, so hence the 950 limit

I thought we still had capacity of 10000, when did it get dropped.

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

I thought we still had capacity of 10000, when did it get dropped.

It’s been dropped to 5000 because the insurance premiums,I suppose if they wanted to increase the capacity they would have to increase their premiums but it doesn’t make a lot of sense to pay through the nose if you don’t need too 

9 hours ago, DavidM said:

Whats happened to Thompson, Wilson, Goulding who were signed and can play in the middle? Seems strange they're left out and a 9/13 in O'brien is used as a prop?!

I am still hurting now that we didnt get anything from the game, such a good 2nd half after the horror show in the 1st half.

Just looking at the table though and barrow 4 from 4 but they will probably run away with it, all the other favoured teams all dropping points. If you offered me town 3 wins from the first 4 we had i would have snapped your hand off. Keighley have splashed the cash and are 2 wins 2 losses so if we can beat them on sunday they are already playing catch up.

16 hours ago, IanMac said:

Thats exactly what i was thinking, 1000 is a big difference and i would say DP is the bigger ground?

9 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Thats exactly what i was thinking, 1000 is a big difference and i would say DP is the bigger ground?

Yes, I’ve just looked on Barrow’s website, gives their capacity as 3000!! Work that out.

Just hope most fans return on Sunday and get behind the boys again. I thought the support on Sunday was amazing, there was a real buzz around the ground before kick off. Walking in to the ground I just said Wow, it was a carnival atmosphere, great to see. UTT. 💙

Archived