Home game with Fans

Mr Frisky

On 31/05/2021 at 13:19, Town utd said:

why don't they play Henson from the start, leave Dec,out you got marwood also who makes an impact off the bench, need a impact prop forward not O'Brien he's a loose or hooker who works hard in the middle not a battering ram.

I was told Matty is still having problems with his ankle from the first game so maybe that has something to do with it. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looked if there was a good few players carrying knocks,no good carrying players with injury, play lads who are fit the grounds to hard to risk playing lads not 100%,other wise risk injurys long term and don't have  players for season.

12 hours ago, IanMac said:

Yes, I’ve just looked on Barrow’s website, gives their capacity as 3000!! Work that out.

Instead of knocking barrows attendance look at what the club is doing to get them in. Then maybe try and do some thing similar your self’s. cause let’s face it chaps would be great to have all three Cumbrian clubs in the championship 

28 minutes ago, Butch said:

Instead of knocking barrows attendance look at what the club is doing to get them in. Then maybe try and do some thing similar your self’s. cause let’s face it chaps would be great to have all three Cumbrian clubs in the championship 

Not sure why you think I was knocking Barrows attendance,  I was merely raising a question as to why, even though the stated capacity of Craven Park is less than Derwent Park, Barrow were allowed more through the gate even though the allowance is supposedly based on a percentage of the capacity. No doubt each council will have different interpretations. 

11 hours ago, IanMac said:

Not sure why you think I was knocking Barrows attendance,  I was merely raising a question as to why, even though the stated capacity of Craven Park is less than Derwent Park, Barrow were allowed more through the gate even though the allowance is supposedly based on a percentage of the capacity. No doubt each council will have different interpretations. 

Is it the council ? I thought it was central government with all the rules.

PS sorry , you meant in terms of capacity  

Could it be because of the  pockets or bubbles of 30 people and social distancing ? Barrows ground uses all 4 ends whilst Workington has a quarter of its area not used? Either way, it is what it is and we all should be glad the fans are back in any capacity at all. 

23 hours ago, Butch said:

cause let’s face it chaps would be great to have all three Cumbrian clubs in the championship

Yes it would but it'll never happen. Theres not a big enough pool of cumbrian players at championship level and not enough money in cumbrian RL to bring the necessary players in. 

On 01/06/2021 at 21:58, IanMac said:

Take a look at the evening mail on line mate it’s council’s job to say how many you can have in the ground. The chairman says barrow council have been great. 

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

Take a look at the evening mail on line mate it’s council’s job to say how many you can have in the ground. The chairman says barrow council have been great. 

I thought that might be the case, hopefully all councils will work with clubs to maximise their crowds in a safe manner until we get back to normal.

2 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I thought that might be the case, hopefully all councils will work with clubs to maximise their crowds in a safe manner until we get back to normal.

To right mate. Looking forward to our home game against Town the atmosphere will be belting 

On 03/06/2021 at 19:57, Butch said:

To right mate. Looking forward to our home game against Town the atmosphere will be belting 

Looking forward to the game at DP as well mate, wont be the same without that minibus full of Barra fans though. 🤔😎🤣👍

I've just seen that haven have released a statement telling fans there will be no alcohol on sale at the lol arena for their first game with fans. Must be something to do with the beer garden being inside the ground, it could put a few off on a nice sunny day. 🤔 I'm saving £18 and staying at home to watch the England game now. 🙄😠

13 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I've just seen that haven have released a statement telling fans there will be no alcohol on sale at the lol arena for their first game with fans. Must be something to do with the beer garden being inside the ground, it could put a few off on a nice sunny day. 🤔 I'm saving £18 and staying at home to watch the England game now. 🙄😠

Sold 1000+ tickets apparently. 

3 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It's because of the license holder quiting apparently, big fall out amongst the directors with a load leaving.

3 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Their chairman and 5 other directors have quit this week after a big internal bust up and the bar manager also walked out. So they’ve no licensee so can’t legally sell alcohol.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

22 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Their chairman and 5 other directors have quit this week after a big internal bust up and the bar manager also walked out. So they’ve no licensee so can’t legally sell alcohol.

Very unfortunate with the first game coming up, I would imagine the bar takings on a sunny day would be amazing. 

Archived