Sun 30 May: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/21 at 14:30

5 hours ago, meast said:

Fartown on form should win this, but Wakey will be confident after last week's first win.

On current form I think Shudds could beat any of Super League.  Wakefield on the other hand will just go into the game a bit more relaxed rather than confident.  Sun should be shining too.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 26/05/2021 at 13:28, Wakey Til I Die said:

Back to back for Wakey, bit of confidence after the first win, home advantage and a lack of Huddersfields best forward in Yates points to a Wakey win by no more than a score.

Stats wise, Yates is the 3rd best forward behind Jones and Lawrence, but yeah, his workrate will be a big miss for us, I'd imagine McQueen would start at 2nd row,with either Jones or Bruno going into the front row, Ashworth or Wilson to make the bench perhaps?

On 26/05/2021 at 16:49, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

On current form I think Shudds could beat any of Super League.  Wakefield on the other hand will just go into the game a bit more relaxed rather than confident.  Sun should be shining too.  

Who are this "Shudds" you speak of?

At least we won't have to bring our own roof then 🙂

Don’t underestimate the Wakefield pack, for the most part they look awful but when the mood collectively suits them they can be pretty good as was seen when they dominated the Hull pack earlier this season. If the pack plays like that again then Wakey might cause a shock.

Back to reality and form now, Huddersfield will win by 16

On 26/05/2021 at 11:25, meast said:

Fartown on form should win this, but Wakey will be confident after last week's first win.

It's usually either a close Wakefield win or a Huddersfield rout at Belle Vue, I think this will be a close Huddersfield win.

As ever you make it all up. 

Wakefield win the following

2018 22-4

2018 42-16

2019 36-10

It's Trinity that do routs these days, stop making stuff up.

The game should be lively if the altercations on this thread are anything to go by.

I fancy a Huddersfield win but not by too many, both had comfortable wins last week albeit against teams many expect to be in the lower half of the table come season's end.

Trin 16 Hudds 22.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Latest score

Trin 18 Hudds zip.

Unbelievable half.  Wakefield had to defend 3 repeat sets, 3 consecutive penalties and the sin bin on Miller in the 1st 15 minutes. Held out and lead 30 - 0 at HT. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

How can it be that a Huddersfield team that includes a Turkish international and former Canberra half back, who played in the 2019 NRL Grand Final, a former ace Cronulla centre, and numerous other talents, coached by a respected Ian Watson, is losing so comprehensively to a relatively weak Wakefield team? 

Are the Wakefield players really so scared of being relegated, when in fact Leigh is the most likely candidate for relegation? 

16 minutes ago, TBC said:

You've got it half right so far...

Hindsight, etc, etc...

On 27/05/2021 at 22:32, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Can’t see us winning, Huddersfield are a good side this year probably end up top 4 .  If we get stuck in and Lino and Miller continue to improve we may get something, but I’m not expecting us to win this weekend.

Up the Trin 

Care to reconsider?

What's going on?  There are some wierd results going on these days. 

34-0.

Archived