Sun 30 May: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/21 at 14:30

14 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Your such a positive person agbrigg do you sit in sugar lane cemetery instead of going to the game? 😝

No matey, I was there like always and long before you were born. 

In all fairness though after what we have been used to in last couple of seasons it's hard to be positive. Plus I never have a positive feeling when Hicks is the ref

19 minutes ago, LeeF said:

So #ChesterOut no longer?

Not in my opinion. From what I am hearing he is taking a back seat. Andy Last has been in charge and by the recent changes I have witnessed,  it tends to support this rumour.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Not in my opinion. From what I am hearing he is taking a back seat. Andy Last has been in charge and by the recent changes I have witnessed,  it tends to support this rumour.

So more of a DoR role?

Presumably this is an attempt to prevent Last from joining Radford at Cas next season?

39 minutes ago, LeeF said:

So more of a DoR role?

Presumably this is an attempt to prevent Last from joining Radford at Cas next season?

No Last on his way done deal. Probably more of an attempt to stop the rot, something needed doing. If it is true , and a big if! It indicates to me change was needed and it should now be farewell Mr Chester.

We were absolutely woeful today, as bad as i've seen us for a long, long time and fair play to the pussies they blew us away and capitalised on our 345 errors, our defence was non existant and 3 of the 1st 4 tries came from Wakey players simply reaching down and planting the ball over the line sometimes with 3 or 4 'tacklers' on them.

It was embarrasing at times for us as our players seemed totally disintered once they went 4 scores behind.

We have some work to do to patch that up ready for Wigan.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

No Last on his way done deal. Probably more of an attempt to stop the rot, something needed doing. If it is true , and a big if! It indicates to me change was needed and it should now be farewell Mr Chester.

No coach can be expected to successfully run a superleague club without his coaching teams input.

The noises coming out are that it is a combined effort on the coaching front and I see no reason why that wouldn’t be the case. 

It maybe that there’s been a change in direction with the added input of the coaching team. It maybe that there’s been increased input from other members of the coaching team. Nobody knows in reality. But, if the team benefits by Chester leaning into his team then that is what matters. It’s good that there’s that level of trust being attained. 

Nows the time to be positive, whatever they are doing they are doing it right and making the right decisions and Chester/last/poching all share in that success. 

We just beat two teams who were 3/4 wins! 

To do that and turn it around. Well done all and more of the same.

7 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Care to reconsider?

What's going on?  There are some wierd results going on these days. 

Glad to be proved wrong, wasn’t expecting anything today.  With the players they’ve got and coach who’s starting to get them playing I thought they’d be too strong for us. How wrong was I, absolutely destroyed them in that 1st half.   Better team by far throughout the game.

Up the Trin 

How crucial was that sin binning tackle that Miller pulled off on Sezer!  Shudds looked all on to score.  Could have changed the whole game early doors.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Well that was a tad disappointing!

Fair play to the wildcats, they blew us away after it looked like we'd settled down and started to win the arm wrestle after the early try, not sure if we had claims for a penalty try for Miller's assault on Sezer, that could have turned the game somewhat, but once we couldn't breach their defence after 4 back to back sets and they went up the other end and scored a really soft try the writing was on the wall.

Our defence, our attitude, our execution, our effort and energy levels were simply not there and Wakey took full advantage, making metres with ease, shrugging off weak attempted tackling and playing some pretty impressive stuff which we couldn't or couldn't be bothered matching.

We badly missed not only Gaskell, but more importantly, Yates and then Jones, a lot of the processes Watson talks about, are around the energy, effort levels and the hard work of guys like Yates, Jones, Lawrence, those 3 are our engines, lose 1 and it's a big chunk of our power, to lose 2 is almost like taking away half a team, no offence to Greenwood, Gavet, Trout, English, the latter 2 I thought were our best forwards, but Jones, Yates and Bruno are the ones who lead our game usually.

Some of the tries we conceded were an embarrassment, again, fair play to Wakefield, they still had to finish them off which they did, the Tupou try was particularly pathetic, Fifita on halfway basically shrugs 3 defenders off, walks 10 metres with another 3 defenders grabbing his collar, offloads, we back off instead of coming out to shut the attack down, and by the time we realise what's happening, Tupou is over from a clever kick.

Westerman, Lino, Tupou, Ashurst and of course the man that always causes us problems, Fifita absolutely tore us to shreds, I don't know what it is with Fifita, it's like he's got some sort of magical power whereby Huddersfield defenders can't touch him, we never seem to be able to get to grips with him, some go high, some go low, you know what he's about so why not have one low and 2 high?

We didn't deserve to get 12 in all honesty, but I'm glad we did, it's bad enough getting hammered but getting nilled is worse.

4 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

How crucial was that sin binning tackle that Miller pulled off on Sezer!  Shudds looked all on to score.  Could have changed the whole game early doors.

It was a game changer in many respects, we were just about winning the arm wrestle by that point and a try then could have deflated Wakey and given us confidence, instead it was the other way round, Wakey gaining in confidence as we couldn't find a way through despite having 4 sets back to back, once you went up the other end and realised how soft our defence was, it was all over.

6 hours ago, meast said:

Fifita absolutely tore us to shreds, I don't know what it is with Fifita, it's like he's got some sort of magical power whereby Huddersfield defenders can't touch him, we never seem to be able to get to grips with him, some go high, some go low, you know what he's about so why not have one low and 2 high?

I must admit, he seems to get revved up and plays well against you guys. Yesterday he looked better than he has recently and he has been carrying a rib injury.

In all fairness though these things come around. I can remember when we could never beat you lot. You had Stanley Gene who always dis a simillar job on us

On 31/05/2021 at 12:31, meast said:

Well that was a tad disappointing!

Fair play to the wildcats, they blew us away after it looked like we'd settled down and started to win the arm wrestle after the early try, not sure if we had claims for a penalty try for Miller's assault on Sezer, that could have turned the game somewhat, but once we couldn't breach their defence after 4 back to back sets and they went up the other end and scored a really soft try the writing was on the wall.

Our defence, our attitude, our execution, our effort and energy levels were simply not there and Wakey took full advantage, making metres with ease, shrugging off weak attempted tackling and playing some pretty impressive stuff which we couldn't or couldn't be bothered matching.

We badly missed not only Gaskell, but more importantly, Yates and then Jones, a lot of the processes Watson talks about, are around the energy, effort levels and the hard work of guys like Yates, Jones, Lawrence, those 3 are our engines, lose 1 and it's a big chunk of our power, to lose 2 is almost like taking away half a team, no offence to Greenwood, Gavet, Trout, English, the latter 2 I thought were our best forwards, but Jones, Yates and Bruno are the ones who lead our game usually.

Some of the tries we conceded were an embarrassment, again, fair play to Wakefield, they still had to finish them off which they did, the Tupou try was particularly pathetic, Fifita on halfway basically shrugs 3 defenders off, walks 10 metres with another 3 defenders grabbing his collar, offloads, we back off instead of coming out to shut the attack down, and by the time we realise what's happening, Tupou is over from a clever kick.

Westerman, Lino, Tupou, Ashurst and of course the man that always causes us problems, Fifita absolutely tore us to shreds, I don't know what it is with Fifita, it's like he's got some sort of magical power whereby Huddersfield defenders can't touch him, we never seem to be able to get to grips with him, some go high, some go low, you know what he's about so why not have one low and 2 high?

We didn't deserve to get 12 in all honesty, but I'm glad we did, it's bad enough getting hammered but getting nilled is worse.

We haven’t been the wildcats for years, stop being a person who I hold in very low esteem.

9 hours ago, meast said:

Maybe you should tell your fellow fans that we aren't or never have been called "Shudds" 👍

It's a representation of times gone by but not forgotten.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived