Sun 30 May: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 15:00

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/21 at 14:30

9 minutes ago, Out on the full said:

This season must be discouraging for Leigh fans. Not sure its doing the players much good either. Is there anywhere Leigh could get a win from? 

Always thought it was an odd shout to pick them for SL, and then to give them a reduced budget was their fate sealed. At least Toulouse have the money to pay their own way with a lower central distribution, and might have even brought in a couple of decent Aussie ringers 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Out on the full said:

This season must be discouraging for Leigh fans. Not sure its doing the players much good either. Is there anywhere Leigh could get a win from? 

Salford at the LSV....it's written in the stars. 😛

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers now have more competition points than they acquired in the whole of last season and a genuine Man of Steel contender in Jordan Abdull.

Right edge defence was again a concern but we tightened up considerably second half. Ryan Hall now 10 tries from 8 games and eating up the metres from the back.

Leigh look certain to finish bottom and as is usually the case for bottom teams they are getting more than their share of injuries. It's really hard to see where they are going to get a win from.

Only seen the highlights but from that Abdul looked to be bossing the show. 

IF Leigh can win 3 games this season and one of those wins is against the Red Devils i think they might keep their Super League place as the Red Devils look a poor, ill disciplined team and can only seeing them winning 1 game at most for the rest of the season

29 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

IF Leigh can win 3 games this season and one of those wins is against the Red Devils i think they might keep their Super League place as the Red Devils look a poor, ill disciplined team and can only seeing them winning 1 game at most for the rest of the season

I stated it on these pages before a call was kicked that Leigh would go through the season without a win, I have seen nothing yet from them and I have seen every game that convinces me otherwise.

11 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Always thought it was an odd shout to pick them for SL, and then to give them a reduced budget was their fate sealed. At least Toulouse have the money to pay their own way with a lower central distribution, and might have even brought in a couple of decent Aussie ringers 

There was and is nobody to sign and this is what has killed us - and could not have been accounted for in the application. We started yesterday with a bench that contained a halfback a hooker, a utility back and a second row, We had a second row at prop to start the game as we have 5 props injured, plus our only creative half and best winger. We had 17 names at the club able to play yesterday, and they all did.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

There was and is nobody to sign and this is what has killed us - and could not have been accounted for in the application. We started yesterday with a bench that contained a halfback a hooker, a utility back and a second row, We had a second row at prop to start the game as we have 5 props injured, plus our only creative half and best winger. We had 17 names at the club able to play yesterday, and they all did.

Even though I don't go on our local social media craiq , I do know there is loads of criticism of the players and indeed the coach , while I don't always agree with our ' game plan ' 🤔 , ateotd even if we brought in anybody new , they'd still only have the current squad to work with , with a fully fit squad and a few games without disruption we'd just about be able to compete at the lower end IMO , but with no other player options ( plenty of ' experts ' including the one you replied to have suggested how other clubs might have done things differently ) and no time for the combinations to ' gel ' we're just fire fighting from one game to the next 

It was a gamble , looks like it probably won't pay off , but I'll still enjoy going to the games I can get to and cheering the lads for their efforts , which is plain to see they are giving to the best of their abilities in the less than perfect situation they find themselves 

5 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

I doubt if Leigh can win 3 games this season and i seriously doubt if the Red Devils are capable of beating any team in Super League this season apart from Leigh.

2 very poor sides who in my opinion wouldn't be in the top 4 in the championship

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I doubt if Leigh can win 3 games this season and i seriously doubt if the Red Devils are capable of beating any team in Super League this season apart from Leigh.

2 very poor sides who in my opinion wouldn't be in the top 4 in the championship

So funny 

6 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Even though I don't go on our local social media craiq , I do know there is loads of criticism of the players and indeed the coach , while I don't always agree with our ' game plan ' 🤔 , ateotd even if we brought in anybody new , they'd still only have the current squad to work with , with a fully fit squad and a few games without disruption we'd just about be able to compete at the lower end IMO , but with no other player options ( plenty of ' experts ' including the one you replied to have suggested how other clubs might have done things differently ) and no time for the combinations to ' gel ' we're just fire fighting from one game to the next 

It was a gamble , looks like it probably won't pay off , but I'll still enjoy going to the games I can get to and cheering the lads for their efforts , which is plain to see they are giving to the best of their abilities in the less than perfect situation they find themselves 

Seek help if you are enjoying seeing your team lose every week and quickly

Any Championship side would get pummelled week in and week out and Leigh are simply not up to speed. 

Whether this is due to being depleted, poor coaching or simply being unfit (my opinion) then not being able to compete for 80 mins says its own tale. Another game for which we were in it after 40 and blown away after 80.

Get em bloody fit and conditioned and take them meat pies of the half time menu! 

31 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Any Championship side would get pummelled week in and week out and Leigh are simply not up to speed. 

Whether this is due to being depleted, poor coaching or simply being unfit (my opinion) then not being able to compete for 80 mins says its own tale. Another game for which we were in it after 40 and blown away after 80.

Get em bloody fit and conditioned and take them meat pies of the half time menu! 

At the moment Leigh are no better than a championship side and hence getting beat every week and the same with the Red Devils

11 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

At the moment Leigh are no better than a championship side and hence getting beat every week and the same with the Red Devils

At the moment Leigh have about 18/19 players to choose from , including 3 hookers 4 half backs and 1 prop 

Be interesting to see how any SL squad would cope with that 

21 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Who do you blame for that?

I don't ' blame ' anybody , it's part of the sport , which tends to affect those least likely to be able to cope with it , which then gives idiots like you who have ' watched the highlights ' the misguided belief they understand anything about RL 

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

At the moment Leigh have about 18/19 players to choose from , including 3 hookers 4 half backs and 1 prop 

Be interesting to see how any SL squad would cope with that 

Who's idea was it to sign 3 hookers and 4 half backs and 1 prop?

14 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I can't say Castleford looked much better either after their 60 point home drumming. 

I am not saying Leighs total pasting won't come, but I don't really recall one yet? 🤔 

Give Toulouse and Fev a go and replace Leigh and Salford. More pasting and more deja vu. You know the future! 😂 

Irrespective of who it may be, I think the promoted side needs some sort of protection in the first season or so, to get them used to the pace of life in SL.  Sure, it may not always be needed but so what? 

2 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

Yes idiot is the word to describe the person who's done the recruiting for Leigh.

So in a squad of 30 players how many half backs should you recruit ? , How many number 9 s should you recruit ?

You are obviously an expert on RL , look forward to your expert opinion ?

4 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

Yes idiot is the word to describe the person who's done the recruiting for Leigh.

Each squad would have have 4 half backs and 3 hookers but most are not named in the 17.

Leigh have to name them because they are the only fit players they have, otherwise 3 or possibly 4 of the 7 mentioned would be packmen. 

I hope the clears things up and your team doesn't have some decimation of some 10 injured players in critical positions. 

Even I am waiting for a call up! 

• 2 months later...

Archived