Sat 29 May: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 18:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/21 at 17:30

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Catalans, out of the Cup, rest themselves for a week and prepare to repeat the dose for their next opponents, Leigh.

Based  on the past three rounds, I would expect Catalans to put 60 or 70 on Leigh.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The ref realised that Tomkins was punching Hardaker and thought it was full mitigation for a yellow instead of red and to be fair I can quite understand that call

When Child reached into this pocket for a card for Tomkins, I was hoping it would be a Congratulations card.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

There's not a lot more stupid things to do than get a red card for a headbut 3 minutes before the end of a game you've been battered to nil in, the dumb muppet.

such as what?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Hardaker managed to headbutt both Tomkins at once (one as a ricochet) Don’t lie most have dreamed of doing that 😂😂😂

He'd have got two points for the cannon in billiards.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

There's not a lot more stupid things to do than get a red card for a headbut 3 minutes before the end of a game

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

such as what?

Headbutt one of your own players 3 minutes from the end, presumably.  

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

such as what?

Suggested that you are the best full back in SL.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Saints lose to Cats, Wigan lose to Cats, Cats lose to Wire, Hull draw with Wire, Hull lose to Cats, Hull beat Wigan.   Maybe the top two isn't as assured as it seemed a couple of weeks ago.

I know who my money would be on for the top five though.

17 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

When Child reached into this pocket for a card for Tomkins, I was hoping it would be a Congratulations card.

"Here's 50 euros. Go and get a few bottles of vin blanc poured and the rest of us will be in there in a jiffy."

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I thought Child made the right call at the end, even though the colour of card made no difference because of the time left. Can't be giving a team the same punishment simply for defending their player.

Besides, you can't exactly use the 'what about concussion' argument when the person who got punched literally just headbutted someone. It's Hardaker's own fault. No matter what the situation, if someone throws a headbutt they should expect to get punched at least once.

Ever since he claimed to be the best fullback in the competition Hardaker has looked a different player. It's fine to have a bit of arrogance but only if you can back it up. Say something like that and play poorly and you look like a chump.

As for the game as a whole, Wigan were just comprehensively outplayed by a dominant Catalans. Wigan's lack of power in the forward certainly didn't help things - as soon as Catalans started dominating field position we had no way out. Some really shocking defending for the early tries too. Just a dreadful game from Wigan but one that you could see coming given how poor we've been in games for far this year. It's not even a case of our luck running out - we had a bit of fortune in that game but still had absolutely nothing to offer.

To make it worse there's no chance to immediately put things right due to having no game next week. They'll have to stew on that performance for a couple of weeks.

39 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

If Catalans can maintain this quality of performance for the rest of the season, especially in defence, the team will surely have a spot at Old Trafford.

i predict catalan will as usual fall away when it matters, and how on earth can anyone defend tomkins three straight punches to the head was the worst thing i have see since the flower incident it has to be a 5 game ban or punching is back in the game.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

31 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I thought Child made the right call at the end, even though the colour of card made no difference because of the time left. Can't be giving a team the same punishment simply for defending their player.

Besides, you can't exactly use the 'what about concussion' argument when the person who got punched literally just headbutted someone. It's Hardaker's own fault. No matter what the situation, if someone throws a headbutt they should expect to get punched at least once.

Ever since he claimed to be the best fullback in the competition Hardaker has looked a different player. It's fine to have a bit of arrogance but only if you can back it up. Say something like that and play poorly and you look like a chump.

As for the game as a whole, Wigan were just comprehensively outplayed by a dominant Catalans. Wigan's lack of power in the forward certainly didn't help things - as soon as Catalans started dominating field position we had no way out. Some really shocking defending for the early tries too. Just a dreadful game from Wigan but one that you could see coming given how poor we've been in games for far this year. It's not even a case of our luck running out - we had a bit of fortune in that game but still had absolutely nothing to offer.

To make it worse there's no chance to immediately put things right due to having no game next week. They'll have to stew on that performance for a couple of weeks.

The colour of the card is a difference between suspension and no suspension which is means he will sit some time out.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Based  on the past three rounds, I would expect Catalans to put 60 or 70 on Leigh.

Thats the problem with sport cats turn up with any overconfidence leigh could turn them over or run them close. 

2 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Thats the problem with sport cats turn up with any overconfidence leigh could turn them over or run them close. 

They still have that lazy performance in them. Maybe it is a curse of the travel but they have to keep this going in the second half of the season.

18 minutes ago, my missus said:

i predict catalan will as usual fall away when it matters, and how on earth can anyone defend tomkins three straight punches to the head was the worst thing i have see since the flower incident it has to be a 5 game ban or punching is back in the game.

So Joelkins gets a ban - that may improve the team for their next few games. Joel's played well recently, but he's not a game-changer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

59 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

If Catalans can maintain this quality of performance for the rest of the season, especially in defence, the team will surely have a spot at Old Trafford.

If teams keep putting them (gifting them) on their own 20m line then yes they will walk it.   But 2 teams in a row have been totally flat at Catalans.

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

They still have that lazy performance in them. Maybe it is a curse of the travel but they have to keep this going in the second half of the season.

Not sure what Wigan did but I think due to COVID teams are travelling out on the day and playing. This obviously plays into Catalans hands but they are certainly taking advantage of it. I’ve no sympathy for clubs doing this as whatever issues they face Catalan have it ten fold. 

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Hardaker vs. Tomkins is a real no-score-draw of a fight.

Hardaker soon stopped being aggressive when Tomkins landed one on him. If you're going to start throwing headbutts you need to be able to back it up

This game wasn't about how bad Wigan were, it was about how good Catalan were.

Great for RL supporters who love to see Wigan humiliated, but a real pain for the "M62 brigade".

Carp result for me as a WIgan supporter, great result for me as a RL supporter.

Go for it Catalan, get to the GF and ruffle some more feathers.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Hardaker soon stopped being aggressive when Tomkins landed one on him. If you're going to start throwing headbutts you need to be able to back it up

Hardaker is both an idiot and a coward.

Archived