Fri 28 May: SL: St Helens v Hull FC KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/21 at 19:15

Just now, DavidM said:

Usually running toward a player , not running away from him and totally out of play 

No, the law states you should not be within ten meters if you are off-side at the kick, it doesn't mention direction of travel, forward, backward or upward.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a mad decision, Swift lost that on the way down. Should have been a Saints try.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Usually running toward a player , not running away from him and totally out of play 

No, which bit of off-side when the ball is kicked and within 10m is so hard to understand. There are no provisos.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

No, which bit of off-side when the ball is kicked and within 10m is so hard to understand. There are no provisos.

It’s still a ridiculous interpretation . He looked hard enough for it . How can I disallow this seems the starting point 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s still a ridiculous interpretation . He looked hard enough for it . How can I disallow this seems the starting point 

It's a ridiculous rule, anywhere else on the pitch if a player runs a dummy run and passes through untouched he's not involved, yet at a kick he automatically is, not even open to interpretation. Makes no sense at all.

3 minutes ago, MZH said:

What a rotten performance from Hull. After 25 years of disappointment you'd think I'd have learned by now to temper my expectations. It's the hope that kills you.

You should try being a Salford fan for over 50 years!

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Is Kate Humble on?

I think she defending on the right edge for Hull.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It is looking at what happened and applying the law. Refs/Video refs do not set out with an agenda.

I'm relieved it's only this scoreline.

If we don't wake up, it's gonna be 60 at least. We look tired. We're making unforced errors, poor defensive reads and unable to commit to tackles the way we have been.

Saints look full of energy and ready to turn the screw on every opportunity. Any gap or error they are straight up on and breaking our line at ease.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 26/05/2021 at 08:40, MZH said:

I think Hull are too well drilled in defence to be "put to the sword" and Saints aren't the most exciting attacking side either. I think it will be a low scoring grind. Saints by 8.

tenor.gif

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's a ridiculous rule, anywhere else on the pitch if a player runs a dummy run and passes through untouched he's not involved, yet at a kick he automatically is, not even open to interpretation. Makes no sense at all.

Take that law away and just watch what happens, I have seen what happens and you will not like it.

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

Take that law away and just watch what happens, I have seen what happens and you will not like it.

We have all seen it happen, in the many rugby matches that are not on Sky. If that is scored on a Sunday afternoon, it never even occurs to the ref that there is a man stood offside completely out of the way of play.

12 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Is our defence that poor or Saints attack that good?

One-way traffic and should be more than it is.

Saints showing what a flat track bully they can be.  Hull just allowed Saints to walk over them.

10 minutes ago, Padge said:

I don't want it taken away, I want it changed so it can be reviewed rather than the current farce that doesn't take situation or circumstances onto consideration. 

Just now, Just Browny said:

We have all seen it happen, in the many rugby matches that are not on Sky. If that is scored on a Sunday afternoon, it never even occurs to the ref that there is a man stood offside completely out of the way of play.

Doesn't matter, the refs use what they can see, with a video ref they can see more, with an in goal ref they can see more. You use what you have available, get the decision right using all you can to get the decision.

Do we stop asking linesmen an opinion because they interfere with what fans think is a decision that goes against them.

Don't forget video refs also give tries.

8 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Worse than that, we've all seen it happen on sky matches where its not even looked at, tries are given.

Archived