Fri 28 May: SL: St Helens v Hull FC KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/21 at 19:15

Much more attacking intent from the off and a greater level of intensity from us compared to previous performances.

It could have been far more on another night. Hopefully will boost our confidence, especially in our attacking structures.

Hope Paasi is ok, he caused some problems. Also hope that Percival was taken off as a precaution as Woolf said and it isn't a recurrence of the same hamstring injury.

Hull were off tonight. Next week will be a far sterner test when a big prize is up for grabs.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitterly dissappointing Hull FC performance, a return to flattering to decieve. Poor from the word go and and facing a not exactly vintage St Helens side minus their gun wingers. Jake Connor displaying a fundamental technique problem under the high ball but he was not the only one exposed.

OK Brett Hodgson may have coached at Hull for a few months, I do not equate that to actually playing for the club but if he was not aware of the expectations in West Hull after this he soon will be..

Have the prawn sandwich brigade moved en bloc from Old Trafford to the Totally Wicked Stadium.It was so silent for most of the game and I thought St Helens Library had moved from Church Square to the TWS.

All is not lost for Hull in the Semi-Finals. The FC fans will be there and Hull will have a 14th Man and that could make a difference.as I am sure they woul;d not have let the side down if present tonight.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Hull were totally flat tonight it seemed as if they were trying to avoid getting injured. Their defence first half was abysmal.

Saints dropped to their level second half and kept taking players off to save them for next week.

Not an attractive game really. 

The only thing Hull have managed to get right tonight is they managed to get through the 13 seconds respect before kick-off without making a mistake.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Much more attacking intent from the off and a greater level of intensity from us compared to previous performances.

It could have been far more on another night. Hopefully will boost our confidence, especially in our attacking structures.

Hope Paasi is ok, he caused some problems. Also hope that Percival was taken off as a precaution as Woolf said and it isn't a recurrence of the same hamstring injury.

Hull were off tonight. Next week will be a far sterner test when a big prize is up for grabs.

Saints always look to start very quick and look to unbalance opponents and hope they stay that way.

13 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Super Sizzling Saints, i never doubted them. 

Saints are by far the best team in SL - just hope this squad doesn't break up at the end of the season as seems likely, as I still think this Saints team are the best SL team since the great Leeds team of Sinfield, Peacock etc.

Shame they didn't get a crack at Melbourne this year.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Saints are by far the best team in SL - just hope this squad doesn't break up at the end of the season as seems likely, as I still think this Saints team are the best SL team since the great Leeds team of Sinfield, Peacock etc.

Shame they didn't get a crack at Melbourne this year.

They’d have got hammered,Saints haven’t showed up for a WCC for over a decade.

Not read the rest of the thread but this was a game that we never looked in danger of winning as soon as that bloody kick off went dead.

When it left the boot I said that it was gonna be difficult to deal with and things just got worse from then onwards.

Jake Connor misjudging a kick take later on?...never seen that before.

And the few breaks we made when passes went to ground?, it was just dreadful.

I'm not saying we deliberately lost because of the semi final looming next week but if someone had suspiciously made a lot of money from predicting that result last night then any video footage of that game used in evidence wouldn't have helped their plea for innocence.

Had to smile at the half time stats as well. Saints with 3 set restarts, Hull FC with 2...both of Hull's in the last 30 seconds of the half, both with plenty of tackles left beforehand and both deep in their own half.

I know it was just a bad day at the office for my lot but it felt like a lot worse.

Still, all will be forgotten if we march on through to the Final next weekend....won't it?

We'll probably never know. 🤔 ☹️

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

42 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not read the rest of the thread but this was a game that we never looked in danger of winning as soon as that bloody kick off went dead.

When it left the boot I said that it was gonna be difficult to deal with and things just got worse from then onwards.

Jake Connor misjudging a kick take later on?...never seen that before.

And the few breaks we made when passes went to ground?, it was just dreadful.

I'm not saying we deliberately lost because of the semi final looming next week but if someone had suspiciously made a lot of money from predicting that result last night then any video footage of that game used in evidence wouldn't have helped their plea for innocence.

Had to smile at the half time stats as well. Saints with 3 set restarts, Hull FC with 2...both of Hull's in the last 30 seconds of the half, both with plenty of tackles left beforehand and both deep in their own half.

I know it was just a bad day at the office for my lot but it felt like a lot worse.

Still, all will be forgotten if we march on through to the Final next weekend....won't it?

We'll probably never know. 🤔 ☹️

Yes and I sure we will see a different Hull next week. 

Saints far too good for us in that opening spell but the important thing then was to see how Hull responded. I was very encouraged by the way the team dug in and prevented Saints from extending their half time lead at full time. Might have been able to get a bit closer to them if some promising looking breaks hadn't ended with some dreadful decision making.

Though the last try was mere consolation in the context of last night's game I think it was psychologically very important in terms of next week's semi.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

16 hours ago, MZH said:

In fairness to Reynolds, it would take something special to stand out as a half back in such a poor team performance as that. We were on the back foot constantly.

I don't think he's fully fit. Looked very uncomfortable every time he got tackled against Leeds last week and when his shirt came off in one tackle you could see he was heavily strapped over one shoulder and around the chest.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

That raised a chuckle in our household too. I liked the way we were supposed to believe Saints were squeaky clean for 39 minutes and 30 seconds and an ill disciplined rabble for 30 seconds.

17 hours ago, Davo5 said:

They’d have got hammered,Saints haven’t showed up for a WCC for over a decade.

I was glad we didn’t play Melbourne, it seems to get in the way of the league campaign and yes they would’ve put fifty past us. 

Archived