Fri 28 May: SL: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/05/21 at 19:15

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leeds have shown tonight they are real contenders for the Super League trophy 

So are Leigh if you don't state a year.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

this result may have something to do with a semi final next week same with hull and i hope they both get hammered again next week.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Tbf Leeds played with great enthusiasm(Very quick of the line) and not a little flair.

As for Cas, they didn't seem a poor side as such, more that they were lost. Lost to the point of looking unhealthy. Horrible. Knackered from changing room exchanges? Not qualified to say but as I say, it was unpleasant to watch. Not the result so much as the team performance, such as it was.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

There’s a lot of anger from Cas fans at the moment.

Anger towards the RFL over the academy decision (I think the anger here is somewhat justified). Anger at York City Knights Ladies for poaching the coach and players, anger at the coach who went there, anger at the 5 players who followed her there. Anger at Rimmer, at referees, at Warrington for taking Powell, at Powell for agreeing to go, more anger at Warrington for supposedly trying to sign Truman and Mata’utia (you’d think Mata’utia was Jamie Lyon the way some fans are carrying on). 

The only ones seemingly escaping the fans attention are those actually running the club which is really strange. There’s no clear plan, communication between board and fans is abysmal (I sometimes forget Wells is the director of rugby at Cas) and has been for a while and the stadium is a huge issue. 

It's not surprising sometimes that teams do not turn up the week before a cup semi final.

The semi finals are the biggest of games, because you are almost there.  Lose and you have nothing.  Even if you have lost in a final you have the experience, the occasion.  The memory.  Losing a semi is gut wrenching, the epitome of defeat.

So it's no surprise if a team is not focussed the week before.

5 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

There’s a lot of anger from Cas fans at the moment.

Anger towards the RFL over the academy decision (I think the anger here is somewhat justified). Anger at York City Knights Ladies for poaching the coach and players, anger at the coach who went there, anger at the 5 players who followed her there. Anger at Rimmer, at referees, at Warrington for taking Powell, at Powell for agreeing to go, more anger at Warrington for supposedly trying to sign Truman and Mata’utia (you’d think Mata’utia was Jamie Lyon the way some fans are carrying on). 

The only ones seemingly escaping the fans attention are those actually running the club which is really strange. There’s no clear plan, communication between board and fans is abysmal (I sometimes forget Wells is the director of rugby at Cas) and has been for a while and the stadium is a huge issue. 

Wells has gone, but Cas fans told me they didn't know what he actually did. Maybe the problem is the Powell situation.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leeds have shown tonight they are real contenders for the Super League trophy 

Why not just enjoy a rare win instead of making predictions that you might end up having egg on your face.

14 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Wells has gone, but Cas fans told me they didn't know what he actually did. Maybe the problem is the Powell situation.

Ah I didn’t know that, poor communication again or maybe I’m just not paying attention at the back of the class!

I don’t think the Powell situation helps one bit, the injury situation intrigues me too, over the last 3 or 4 years I’ve never known a club pick up so many injuries.

Last time Cas put over 60 on Leeds the then Leeds coach commented on this and said " we can win the title " and that's what they did . That was Cas at their peak 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, meast said:

Bet Warrington fans are gutted 😂

I'm sure it would have been the ref's fault or, players missing or something?

Why he's still a good coach(so is yours) probably should have made the decision at the of a season rather than beginning. 

Let’s see how Cas react next weekend and for the rest of the season. 

After Leeds got thumped 66-10 by Cas in 2017, these were their next 4 results:

Leeds 46 Catalans 10
Leeds 38 Wakefield 14
Hudds 12 Leeds 28
Leeds 26 Wigan 18

Culminating of course in that grand final win.

I don’t think Cas are expected by many to beat Warrington next weekend but they need to put in a real gutsy effort. 

5 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Why he's still a good coach(so is yours) probably should have made the decision at the of a season rather than beginning. 

Is there a danger that the players will stop playing for him?

I know it happened to us with Nathan Brown saying he was leaving for Saints, we fell apart after that, could the same happen at Cas?

1 minute ago, meast said:

Is there a danger that the players will stop playing for him?

Players play for wages not coaches.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, meast said:

So why bother with coaches then?

Because coaches decide how the team plays.

But I think you missed my point.

Archived