Match Thread: Championship Round 8, Halifax v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-30th-May-2021

1 hour ago, POR said:

Simple solution play Jacob on the wing start JD at loose forward instead of jack and put Josh Jimmy or  Loui on the bench in place of JD

I think that's too simple. Where would you play Hall as Hardy's now fit? It would be hard to leave Hardy out as he's a major work horse for us. And it would also be difficult to leave Hall out just to play Doyle, even though Doyle's done nothing wrong. I think Webbo's got some tough decisions today.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, roversspud said:

I think that's too simple. Where would you play Hall as Hardy's now fit? It would be hard to leave Hardy out as he's a major work horse for us. And it would also be difficult to leave Hall out just to play Doyle, even though Doyle's done nothing wrong. I think Webbo's got some tough decisions today.

Just seen Webbo's interview stating Hardy not in contention. Now it is probably simple after all!

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

15 minutes ago, roversspud said:

BUT you've got to remember rugby s a simple game and  I don't think webbos got any tough decisions  majority  of team picks itself just needs to decide if he want's josh as a sub forward  or centre wing combo with hall  then one of  jimmy or loui on bench

Well having seen the team , Webbo obviously didn't like your simple solution after all. You were right about one thing: Rugby is a simple game. However the decisions around the game are never as simple as you tried to make out.

Can't cope with these commentators, totally biased towards Fax. 

One of em predicted Halifax by 12 b4 kick off as well.....

Fev not very interested cos of heat and zero fans in........need to take the break and give there heads a shake at half time. 

We seem to be a little bit lucky with the 50/50s ,To me they did score a try it did not seem to have been knocked on, but hey who cares.Certainly not a classic it could go either way.in the 2nd half. Temperature must be taking its toll.

As two posts before. They commentators should have Halifax shirts on. To me commentators should be neutral NOT totally biased

2 minutes ago, haskey said:

As two posts before. They commentators should have Halifax shirts on. To me commentators should be neutral NOT totally biased

Absolutely I've thought there's been decent commentary and average commentary so far this season......until now. 

Well a win is a win. We had to ground it out today in the heat and did deserve the win , just.   I hope Chissy is OK having to be taken off in the last 30 seconds

Where are they getting commentators from? Dragging ppl out who clearly are not up to date with the game. To come out and predict a Halifax win by at least 12 points before the kick off is totally ludicrous to anyone who is following the Championship. No idea what they are talking about. 

Halifax can only muster 882 fans that's not a good sign at all. They are a good team, a historic club and have the whole of Calderdale Borough to themselves. 

Archived